Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2004 4:55:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the Boston Globe.  That rag is skewed big time.  Mostly lies from them...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This must be like that scribbled note that Ted Williams' son reportedly found in the trunk of his car.

Riiiiiight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but you see NOW he is CIC, so he's putting in his time in the MAJOR CROSSHAIRS of all adversaries, both foreign and DEMOCRATIC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Did it say how many drill points he had earned that year that he was supposedly UA?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Reading it I don't see much other than he wasn't on the roster at a few drills... hell I miss drills all teh time for work, so long as your COC approves thats no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it say how he got an Honorable Discharge, despite all his "slacking?"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
This has been expected for months.  The Swiftees beat Kerry's people to the punch.

This and MUCH more hysterical bullshit will be put out every day from now until election day by the Kerry campaign, picked up by the liberal media and splattered all over.

It is mostly just rehashing 2000 lies.  It was bullshit then and it's still bullshit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Gee, what a coincidence that this came out so soon after the convention, and with Bush creaming Kerry in the polls and all.

Oh well, it came from a news paper so I guess it must be true!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a question: Was he visiting with the enemy at the time? Thats what Kerry did when he was in the reserves.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny but isn’t this the same Boston Globe that looked at Bush’s National Guard service in 2000 and found nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Let's assume it's all true.

So what?

He has a four-year track record AS PRESIDENT (not as a wanna-be), where he has shown his leadership and tenacity.

He'll get my vote even if they find out he spent his entire ANG service banging prostitutes in a Las Vegas crackhouse.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
+1

Quoted:
He'll get my vote even if they find out he spent his entire ANG service banging prostitutes in a Las Vegas crackhouse.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Did it say how many drill points he had earned that year that he was supposedly UA?

GWB Service record
Service points (Minimum required: 50 points per year):  
May ’68 to May ‘69: 253 points,
May ’69 to May ‘70: 340 points,
May ’70 to May ’71: 137 points,
May ’71 to May ’72: 112 points
May ’72 to May ’73: 56 points
June ’73 to July ’73: 56 points
Honorably Discharged July ’73  
Points required to complete service: 300.  Points acquired by G.W. Bush: 954
Basic training: 6 weeks
Flight training: 53 weeks
Survival training: 2 weeks.
Interceptor training: 21 weeks
Hours of flight: 600
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
If the Globe printed that Kerry was a 10 time M.O.H. winner , would you believe it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If the Globe printed that Kerry was a 10 time M.O.H. winner , would you believe it?

No, but HE would!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
What you posted though pretty much disproves anyone who said he didn't fulfill his obligation, ever year was sat and if he would have continued for 20 years he would have rated a retirement at that rate.

I think those are career retirement points, vice drill points.  

For the edification of all those who have never worked reserve affairs I present the following

A drill point is between 4-12 hours, if you a 5 drill point week end is anytime after Friday afternoon until anytime in the afternoon/evening of Sunday.   The 50 career retirement points is a combination of automatically getting something like 15 for being in the IRR, and something like 20 for going to AT, the rest being made up of drills and assorted other things.  You can get retirement points for even doing what we call MCI (Correspondence courses), etc.  The 50 points min means you get that year as credit toward your 20 years min required to retire, once you get that 50 points that year its considered a SAT year.  The total number of points end up figuring into a formula to determine your retirement pay from the reserves.

Normally a drilling reservist will only be allowed to do 48 drill points during the year, this doesn't count what Marines call ATP and ADSW that allows reservist to come above the 48 drills.  Once someone has done his required 48 drills and AT in a year he cannot be required to drill the rest of the year.  Some commands will allow its members to do all their drills and AT in  short period allow theme to take the rest of the year off (which it looks like the president did), absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GWB Service record
Service points (Minimum required: 50 points per year):  
May ’68 to May ‘69: 253 points,
May ’69 to May ‘70: 340 points,
May ’70 to May ’71: 137 points,
May ’71 to May ’72: 112 points
May ’72 to May ’73: 56 points
June ’73 to July ’73: 56 points
Honorably Discharged July ’73  
Points required to complete service: 300.  Points acquired by G.W. Bush: 954
Basic training: 6 weeks
Flight training: 53 weeks
Survival training: 2 weeks.
Interceptor training: 21 weeks
Hours of flight: 600

So if I read this correctly he actually spent more time on full time active duty in the gaurd, than Kerry did in the regular Navy?????

And don't kid yourself, flying fighters is not a cushy safe 'gear & beer in the rear' job like 'Weather Officer at Lackland AFB' (Let's see, 100 degrees again today, 0% humidity... Sky is clear with...)  or whatever...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I used to trust the media
To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I've seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Revolution calling...

~Queensryche

[Geoff Tate screaming] Operation Mindcrime [/Geoff Tate screaming]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So what?

He has a four-year track record AS PRESIDENT (not as a wanna-be), where he has shown his leadership and tenacity.

So what? I'll tell you what bothers me about all of this. It means he is perfectly willing to send OTHER Americans off to war. But when it was HIS turn to put his ass on the line for his country, he got strings pulled to keep his ass perfectly safe. That speaks volumes about the man.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

So what? I'll tell you what bothers me about all of this. It means he is perfectly willing to send OTHER Americans off to war. But when it was HIS turn to put his ass on the line for his country, he got strings pulled to keep his ass perfectly safe. That speaks volumes about the man.

DEAR GOD, could you please shut the fuck up already!!!

This shit is getting REALLY OLD!!

Flying an outdated fighter around is "perfectly safe"??

Your constant grasping at fine threads to bash your President at every opportunity speaks volumes about YOU.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

Actually if you look at the record of dead presidents, it is a pretty dangerous job. 43 guys, 4 guys killed, and a lot have been shot at including Ford, Teddy Roosevelt, Reagan.

But back to topic, I don't vote for a guy based on what he did when he was in his 20's. I vote for what the guy did in his last 10 years. People change. I sure don't want to be judged on the stupid stuff I did in college.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Your constant grasping at fine threads to bash your President at every opportunity speaks volumes about YOU.

Why don't you shut the fuck up? Was anybody shooting at him in the Texas NG? I care less if my opinion bothers you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

So you would prefer a man who, acting as a leader of American fighting men, pulled strings and used the first available oppertunity to bail, requesting to do so at the first chance, and abandoning the men he served with?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#33]
LOOKS LIKE BUSH JUST LOST MASSACHUSETTS!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

The F-102 was not an easy aircraft to fly and had a mishap rate about 4 times higher than an F-4.  I have talked to a few old timer pilots where I work (HQ Air Force Reserve Command) and they said that aircraft was an unforgiving bitch to fly and had respect for anyone who could fly them well.

I for one am sick and fucking tired of assholes who think going into the Guard or Reserves was/is a ticket to skip out of serving.  A lot of Air Force and Navy pilots during Vietnam were from the damn reserves and were activated to serve.  The Media fails to inform everyone that Army National Guard and Army Reserve Units did serve in Vietnam.  Most did not however because they were for use in Europe in case of war breaking out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

So you would prefer a man who, acting as a leader of American fighting men, pulled strings and used the first available oppertunity to bail, requesting to do so at the first chance, and abandoning the men he served with?

Getting wounded two times got you sent you home from Vietnam, thats reality. Many fine Americans got there tours shortened and went home after being wounded. Who are you to question the thousands of Vets who came home early? Where you in Vietnam?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you shut the fuck up? Was anybody shooting at him in the Texas NG? I care less if my opinion bothers you.

It's not so much that your opinion bothers me, it is the simple fact that you are such a one-trick pony.  It seems all we hear out of certain people on this board is how much they hate GW.  

It is really getting to the point where I am sick and tired of it mainly because I just can not for the life of me understand where all this hate is coming from.  You act like he killed your dog or something.

If some of you could explain why you hate GW so much, then I might cut you some slack... and no, bullshit liberal propaganda doesn't count.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

So I guess you hated Clinton, too, right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Getting wounded two times got you sent you home from Vietnam, thats reality. Many fine Americans got there tours shortened and went home after being wounded. Who are you to question the thousands of Vets who came home early? Where you in Vietnam?

No getting wounded x number of times in some commands allowed you the oppertunity to REQUEST to go home early, it was not an automatic thing. Kerry REQUESTED to leave early and abondon his men.

I can understand a junior enlisted soldier, or someone who was wounded badly, to possibly request to come home early. For someone whos wounds were minor at best (I have suffered worse in training and never even bothered to see the medic) to use them as a crutch to come home early I have no respect. For an officer, a leader who is supposed to act to a higher standard, I find it despicable.

No, I wasn't in Vietnam, I am serving now, I go overseas in just a few months.......... and I DAMM SURE will not abandon my men or come home one second before they do unless I am on a stretcher and wounded to the point I am absolutley useless in theater.... and then I will be back with them as soon as I can! I couldn't  live with myself if I was to request to come home early and left my men behind...... but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#40]
double tap
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what?

Wounded?  None of his "wounds" even required stitches.  Many REAL soldiers were wounded legitimately and stayed for their full tour.  Kerry used the 3 purple hearts rule as soon as he could to get himself sent home.  He knew the rules, requested his own purple hearts and used the rules to his advantage.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Kerry used the 3 purple hearts rule as soon as he could to get himself sent home.  He knew the rules, requested his own purple hearts and used the rules to his advantage.

He is the quintisential "Lawyer at Sea".
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No getting wounded x number of times in some commands allowed you the oppertunity to REQUEST to go home early, it was not an automatic thing. Kerry REQUESTED to leave early and abondon his men.

I can understand a junior enlisted soldier, or someone who was wounded badly, to possibly request to come home early. For someone whos wounds were minor at best (I have suffered worse in training and never even bothered to see the medic) to use them as a crutch to come home early I have no respect. For an officer, a leader who is supposed to act to a higher standard, I find it despicable.

No, I wasn't in Vietnam, I am serving now, I go overseas in just a few months.......... and I DAMM SURE will not abandon my men or come home one second before they do unless I am on a stretcher and wounded to the point I am absolutley useless in theater.... and then I will be back with them as soon as I can! I couldn't  live with myself if I was to request to come home early and left my men behind...... but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Talk all you want when you get back, until then don't bother to tell me what "Your Going To Do". Its  completely meaningless.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Talk all you want when you get back, until then don't bother to tell me what "Your Going To Do". Its  completely meaningless.

Way to support the troops, there, dumbass.....

Thanks for your service, G_S. Whether you deploy overseas or not, you are doing an important job, and I (and many others) appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Also Breaking,

W stands for "WRONG WRONG WRONG"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for your service, G_S. Whether you deploy overseas or not, you are doing an important job, and I (and many others) appreciate it.

The only dumbass is you. I don't think its a good idea to talk shit BEFORE the game. I support anybody who serves his country and  don't pick and choose based on my politicial views.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The only dumbass is you. I don't think its a good idea to talk shit BEFORE the game. I support anybody who serves his country and  don't pick and choose based on my politicial views.

I thought you were a college student.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I abandon my soldiers and come home after a few months and come on here and tell the world how my Christmas in Iran is seared in my memory will you support and defend me too?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I abandom my soldiers and come home after a few months and come on here and tell the world how my Christmas in Iran is seared in my memory will you support and defend me too?

If you served honorably and received wounds in combat, yes I will. When you get back you will have more respect for anybody who has served under fire. Reguardless if you agree with there politicial views.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I support anybody who serves his country and  don't pick and choose based on my politicial views.

Then I suggest you go back and read your post, then post an apology to Garand_Shooter, because you basically told him his service is worthless unless he goes into a combat zone.

My description of you stands, and the more you post, the more you prove me right.

Tell me, are YOU going into a combat zone anytime soon?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top