User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2004 3:47:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap... but still too late for AWB sunset.  But the new AWB maybe a possibility... more so in State level.
I live in Kalifornia, so I'm screwed already.

Hope this guy wasn't a close friend Bob.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i hope this isn't a dupe.

story courtesy of a friend of mine that is banned from this site.

Police: Man Kills Self After Opening Fire On Street
3 Others Caught In Crossfire

UPDATED: 7:10 PM EDT September 7, 2004

GENEVA, Ohio -- Police said a man turned a gun on himself after opening fire in downtown Geneva just before 8 a.m. Tuesday.

The scene of the shooting is on Eagle Street near Route 20. That's near Geneva Elementary School, NewsChannel5 reported. Police say the shooter, 32-year-old Michael Harwood, used a .223-caliber rifle in the shooting.

SLIDESHOW:Geneva Shooting Rampage

Officials said the Harwood was walking down Main Street aiming for a man in a green Buick Century when the three others got caught in the crossfire. The victim reportedly exited his vehicle, and Harwood continued to pursue him on foot.

Harwood shot the man at least twice, police say, and the victim was taken to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown, where he is now listed in guarded condition.

Harwood reportedly turned the gun on himself, and died at the scene. Victim Gwen Tingley was taken to an area hospital, where she was treated and released for a gunshot wound to her thigh. Another person was also treated and released.

Police say Harwood worked as a gun dealer, and in a search of his home Tuesday afternoon, confiscated a truckload of weapons.

Officials do not know what prompted Harwood's attack.

www.newsnet5.com/news/3710169/detail.html

ruh roh!

Shit...remember my "conspiracy" post last week???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
shit...it just dawned on me...i'm pretty sure i know who this guy is.

crap.

EEK!

Not a pleasant thing to realize
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
This happened around 15 miles from me. I was looking for a link to post earlier, but I couldn't find one at the time. Makes ya wonder what could make someone flip out like that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
bought and sold guns with him over the years.

he's been to bulletfest 3 or 4 times.

see him at all the local shows.

still trying to confirm mike's last name.

Michael Harwood

www.mlive.com/newsflash/national/index.ssf?/base/national-30/1094585994322711.xml&storylist=national

Man killed after wounding 3 in Ohio town

By JOE MILICIA
The Associated Press
9/7/2004, 7:02 p.m. ET

GENEVA, Ohio (AP) — A man opened fire with a semiautomatic rifle on the town's main thoroughfare as residents headed to work Tuesday, wounding three people. The gunman was killed.

Police Chief Dan Dudik would not confirm the man killed himself but said no one else, including police, had fired any shots.

The shootings took place about 500 feet from an elementary school. Several children were on their way to class, but none was hurt.

Michael J. Harwood, 32, of nearby Madison, fired about 50 shots from a .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle fitted with a telescopic sight, the police chief said.

Dudik would not discuss a possible motive but said Harwood was aiming at a specific car, whose driver was wounded and in guarded condition at a hospital. A second motorist was wounded and was listed in satisfactory condition. A pedestrian was treated for a gunshot wound and was released.

The man opened fire while walking along a sidewalk at about 8 a.m., said mechanic Bob Hill, who ducked behind cars for safety.

Scott Burr was getting ready to walk his children to school when he heard shots.

"I sent all my kids back in the house," Burr said. "There was a guy at the end of the road with a gun. I saw him shooting a car up and shooting at the guy as he was running down the road covered in blood."

Milt Berry, who was working on a telephone cable, and a co-worker jumped into the hole they had dug, called 911 on a cell phone and stayed there until police arrived.

Geneva is a town of about 6,500 residents, about 45 miles northeast of Cleveland.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The scene of the shooting is on Eagle Street near Route 20. That's near Geneva Elementary School,

This seems like a very unnecessary piece of information.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
mind control
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
yup...it's that mike.

sunnovabitch!

he used an steyr aug, i was told...and yes, it was over the alleged best friend doing the nasty with his alleged long time girl friend.

r.i.p. mike.

anothergene knows mike...engineer knows mike...hell, we all knew mike.

just...fuck!

Doh!

Well, now we know why he missed so damn much...that donut recticle is for shit

Seriously...that sucks. He must have known he was driving down a one-way, dead-end street when he pulled this, too...*sigh* I want to feel sorry for the guy, but I can't. What I do feel sorry about is that instead of doing a good old-fashioned asskicking, he had to go to the extreme and give every shooter and collector a bad name, not to mention dealers..
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
yup...it's that mike.

sunnovabitch!

he used an steyr aug, i was told...and yes, it was over the alleged best friend doing the nasty with his alleged long time girl friend.
r.i.p. mike.

just...fuck!

That will do it every time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
yup...it's that mike.

sunnovabitch!

r.i.p. mike.

just...fuck!

What he did was stupid...if that happened to me, I'd kick the bitch to the curb and move the fuck on...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, it is/was Mike Harwood.Got a phone call from AL D.,this morning to tell me about it.I am still in shock.Over a woman....what a waste of his talent and youth.Mike was a damn good guy.I will miss him.Al said that he would call me when things were......decided upon.Funeral?etc.

Harwood you dumb fuck!

The replacement for "The one who wronged you" just graduated from highschool.Now you are gone........what a fucking waste.See you in hell.Brother.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#22]
WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!  This guy had to know what a critical juncture we're at with the AWB.  What a selfish piece of dogshit!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear about your loss.  Sad thing it is.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

i ain't seen one yet that was worth eating a bullet over.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#27]
sad, just damn sad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#28]
one of the most intelligent guys I ever knew hung himself over a woman. It makes no sense to me but it's all too common. My condolences Campy and dinkydow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#29]
well, RIP

Sucks that someone can get so wound up in the head that they think this is the way.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe he was one of those who couldn't wait for the revolution to start.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
shit...it just dawned on me...i'm pretty sure i know who this guy is.

crap.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm with you Campy, been down that road, and after a lot of pain my head is on straight.

For the rest of you, there isn't one of them that can't be replaced. I know a lot of you are going to come down on me for this, but every one of them is replaceable. Even yours.
Take it from someone with experience, and save yourself a lot of needless pain.

I dearly love Lady Rain, but she would be out, and replaced in a minute if she tried to drag me through it. Sad to say, but there are too many lovely women out there that would love to meet a decent guy for ANY of you to do damage to yourself, or another human being for. They just aren't worth it.
If they do you wrong, thank the Lord for letting you find out, then move on.
Lick your wounds, then go out looking for someone good. They are looking for you too.

Sorry for all that knew this man, and lost a friend. Sorry for this man who lost his way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
What a waste!
Not the best of time to lose your mind, but no use in blaming the dead.

For the rest of you, let's keep it together until Sept. 14.  

Then you can lose your mind... I mean wallet at your local armory.

FUBAR

Condolences to Campy and Dinky
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I think it says .223 weapon because the media has no fucking idea what a Steyr Aug is.  I think this is the first time one has been used so publically for a crime.  Shit if I were going to bite the bullet mind as well get one of them safe queens out, its not like you can take it with you. No woman is worth biting the bullet for unless its your kid or mom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Sucks all the way around.

Also I hate to be the one to point out there's now one less SteyrAUG out there :/
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Another "coincidental" shooting. the timing is suspect........
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry guys, a very sad thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Campy, We here are sorry for the loss of your friend. Sorry to hear the he took the wrong
path in his road to life. It's a shame and a loss........and all over a woman.

Greg & Jenn
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Campy - if you have a pic, send it to me via e-mail (if you don't have my address, IM me) - I know alot of Mike's and I think I need to see a pic to jog my memory.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Another "coincidental" shooting. the timing is suspect........

I am sad to say that it is NOT fiction.
It hapend not far from me as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Considering the field day the papers could have had with this story , "Mad Sniper", Machine Gun, Assault Weapon, etc, and played it damn straight.  The thinking that this is part of a conspiracy, especially after you have guys that know him indicated he was a good guy reeks of tin foil that needs loosening.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Geez, was this guy at Bulletfest V?  I know there was a guy with an Army Jeep there, but I'm trying to figure out if this is the same dude?  Anyone have a pic to share?  

Sigh... sad news indeed
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Just saw the news and his pic. Now I know who he is - I'll try digging up a picture from one of the local news sites.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry to hear of your friend Campy.

And I agree, ain't no woman worth it. Not to this extent anyways.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top