Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 3:37:49 PM EDT
Still trying to get all the ducks in a row. Went today to get a city issued business license, which would be the final step before getting the "Kitchen table" FFL. The city guy said he could not issue the license due to a federal requirement that "customers" of an FFL must come to the business to get the product. This little issue, according to him, makes it ineligible for a "home occupation". He said he would have a meet with his boss tomorrow and see what he could do, maybe a variance....

Is there a requirement for FFL's to do all of their business at the location on the FFL?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is there a requirement for FFL's to do all of their business at the location on the FFL?

Yes, it's called the "licensed business premises address"--the only exception is gun shows.

gunshow LOOPHOLE !1111111111 gahhhhh!!!!!1 close it noWW!!!!! ITS FOR the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FFLs my purchase anywhere, may only sell at thier licensed premisis or a bonafide gun show in thier state of license.

If your city/county lets anyone sell Amway from thier house they should issue you the city permit.

It appears they are going to issue the permit, after I changed the wording on the form. I am not allowed to have customers come to my house. I understand the point of the law/rule of not allowing retail stores in residential areas, but this is a bit different, IMO. They seemed to understand and signed off on the permit, I know have to get fire department and police department approval.

My business license will allow me to sell at gunshows, via the Internet and government entities....... I guess I should get someone to make up a web site for me, eh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You don't have to store or demo firearms at your place of licensure. Just do the transfer there. So you can store and display and demo firearms at your home, then goto the flea market where you rent a booth by the month which is your place of license, or your pay by the month storage unit.

Your pay by the month storage can be your place of licensure? The transfer would be done from there? Or am I misunderstanding this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
if your home is zoned as a business, you would be in good shape...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
You mean as opposed to.... the trunk of a car at a night club parking lot?

I always thought that as long as you were allowed to operate a regular business from your house, you were fine.  As long as you don't have customers show up, you should be good to go.

The second you start inviting customers, then you'd have to be in a zoned business district in your municipality/city/town and have all of that other business licensing crap too.  It's the difference between being a regular brick-and-mortar business and the equivalent of a licenced order-via-FFL business.

Did I get that right?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Man if I could only tell you where I have seen the 4473 forms filled out....You would bust a gut laughing.....

In this town you can have a Firearms Business in your home as long as you don't create traffic issues. People can come to your home to purchase until the cars are parked up and down the street and the neighbors are calling. There must be a specific area in the home for the business and it must have an entrance door separate. You can't install business signs on the outside of the home. It has to be checked by the Building Inspector and Fire Marshall.

MT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top