Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 2:25:46 PM EDT
ok, potential road trip coming up, driving from NJ - Portland.  My question is, if anyone has any info on this type of thing, is can i pack my pistol with me on this trip.  i don't really wanna be driving across country with only my pocket knife with me, just in case.  anyone have any experience in this kinda thing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have CCW? check on Packing.org for states that honor your permit. I think peaceable journey laws apply too, but a big no-no w/o a CCW from some state
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Road trips are BAAAAADDDDD  you lose axles and catch cars on fire that way like I did this weekend.

As for the pistol, i have know idea...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you have CCW? check on Packing.org for states that honor your permit. I think peaceable journey laws apply too, but a big no-no w/o a CCW from some state

yes, i do have a CCW....i will check out  that site you gave me, and try to make heads or tails out of that preseumably "smart people speak"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Road trips are BAAAAADDDDD  you lose axles and catch cars on fire that way like I did this weekend.

Well thats all your fault...  At least it didnt burn for too long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that would of sucked because we didn't have a fire extinguisher. Now lets get not hijack this thread too much ok bro...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that would of sucked because we didn't have a fire extinguisher. Now lets get not hijack this thread too much ok bro...

god damned thread terrorists.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If a state says you can't use your CCW, you can always call highway patrol for that state and ask what there regs are for driving through. Some states a gun must be in a locked box with the ammunition in a seperate compartment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Just don't tell anyone...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Stick the thing under the seat and don't worry about it unless you intend to transport some dope.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If a state says you can't use your CCW, you can always call highway patrol for that state and ask what there regs are for driving through. Some states a gun must be in a locked box with the ammunition in a seperate compartment.

Good advise, might want to remove all the bling bling (what-ever) you have from car and self if you an affectionado in that sort of art form (PC). Another is the tint on your windows can cause problems remember profiling is alive and well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top