Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 12:22:04 PM EDT
I am sooo ready for it to snow.. especially since im getting a new board and bindings!!

do all yall do any snow sports?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish we had snow in Alabama. That was the cool thing about being in the NAvy and Stationed in DC. I was always close to someplace to go snowboarding. Now it is just to expensive for me to go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck going down the mountain when you can go up the mountain
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fuck going down the mountain when you can go up the mountain

LOL sounds very fun, still on my list of things i need to do.. but not too much snomobiling around here.  They do use them to go up and down the slopes here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, what kind of board are you getting? I know a hell of a lot about snowboads (well kinda).

I have been riding all my life, and know a thing or two about what is good and what is bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm dying, I started to get Transworld Snowboarding again and I cant wait!

I hope Mammoth gets dumped on again this year, last year was killer. As soon as snow touches Mt Hight, Im  all over it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Seriously, what kind of board are you getting? I know a hell of a lot about snowboads (well kinda).

I have been riding all my life, and know a thing or two about what is good and what is bad.

Ride timeless 159 and Ride team bindings

and yeah.. the minute mt high opens... im there.  Hoping for a few tahoe and mammoth trips as well!.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ride makes some good boards. I don't know much about bindings, because everything has changed since i quite boarding.

If you want A BAD ASS BOARD, go to the single track factory in denver colorado. They sell B-line snowboards there, and i can say that they are the best out there.  here is their website, kinda sucks but oh well.

oh and stay the hell away from burton.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't wait!!  Just renewed my season pass.  $349 for unlimited skiing at four mountains PLUS 10 days at Vail!  Can't beat that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can't wait!!  Just renewed my season pass.  $349 for unlimited skiing at four mountains PLUS 10 days at Vail!  Can't beat that.

Ya, except the hour long lift lines.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL, I was just thinking the same thing! I cant wait to get up there, Im getting a new camera soon so I can make another film, last year we made a good one. We toured the Northwest area from WA, OR, ID, and BC.

Last year was a killer snow season, and I hope  we have a good one again, the Farmers Almanac says its supposed to be a good season- so I we'll see. I just hit the first sale of the season and picked up a new Volcom Pants and Jacket on sale-woo hoo! Now we just need some snow here in WA or BC.

Is Warren Miller making a movie this year?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ride makes some good boards. I don't know much about bindings, because everything has changed since i quite boarding.

If you want A BAD ASS BOARD, go to the single track factory in denver colorado. They sell B-line snowboards there, and i can say that they are the best out there.  here is their website, kinda sucks but oh well.

Actually I would suggest a Lib Tech Emma Peel in place of the Ride Timeless and I would NEVER look down upon Burton. They may be corp. but you will not be dissatisfied with their boards. Try a Custom 159 for all mountian. That is a sick ass ride.

May I ask what helped you decide on the Ride?

You snow folks are lucky to get to ride. I at one time was a 200 plus days a year snowjunky now landlocked in Texas getting my skate on now. Get some for me would ya.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]

snow?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, except the hour long lift lines.

If you stay in the right parts of Vail the lift lines aren't really a problem, unless it is a major powder day on the weekend.  We can usually be found in Blue Sky Basin, somewhere in the trees.  Follow your nose to the smell of burning kind bud and you'll find us.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Someguy:

LOL, a Burton Custom is one of the best boards you could ever own. I've had  Ride, Option, Burton etc...The Burton is great- because it simply works. I have a Burton T6 -162 and it is the fastest on the moutain at any given moment- also its the lightest for its size, its made of aluminum honeycomb. Anyways, what makes Burton work is the Custom shape- which is their trademark and nobody can copy them. You cant deny the awesome power of Burton- they invented snowboarding and take one look at their factory team- impressive lineup. But I dont buy Burton because they have some of the best riders- I buy it because Ive tried the rest and the Custom works the best for me.Just find what works best for you. why didnt you like Burton-BTW?

A Ride Timeless is an awesome board too and will please most, but I found the rears a bit twichy at higher speeds. The Ride bindings are really- really good- because the bases are made of thick metal= no flex.

Im getting excited! I gotta go watch a baording DVD now...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
can't wait! skier here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
can't wait! skier here.

come to the dark side....everyone is snowboarding- even Jonny Kerry
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#18]
You people are ILL!!  I'm still trying to extract enough warm days from this lousy summer to get some more wakeboarding in.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
can't wait! skier here.

come to the dark side....everyone is snowboarding- even Jonny Kerry

i tried it, wasn't pretty

anyone here ever been up to Snowshoe in WV? that's where we usually go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You people are ILL!!  I'm still trying to extract enough warm days from this lousy summer to get some more wakeboarding in.

LOL ive been wakeboarding about every other weekend :D

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I would suggest a Lib Tech Emma Peel in place of the Ride Timeless and I would NEVER look down upon Burton. They may be corp. but you will not be dissatisfied with their boards. Try a Custom 159 for all mountian. That is a sick ass ride.

May I ask what helped you decide on the Ride?

You snow folks are lucky to get to ride. I at one time was a 200 plus days a year snowjunky now landlocked in Texas getting my skate on now. Get some for me would ya.

I went with ride because I need a stiff board.. it is one of the better stiff boards.. I also like the burton bullet a lot.  I am a big boy and the timeless is a midwide board that is very stiff.. I dont do parks, but I do jump.
Ive ridden k2 fatbobs, ride control, burton bullet and cruzer, nitro, original sin..
I also like arbor snowboards.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I lived in CO and never went, also never went in NY.  I know if I tried Id break something that I need.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I can wait.  It hurts too much.  Snowboarding was the worst.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait either.  I'm getting all new gear, I was looking at an Option Makinen with Ride SPi's and 32 Lashed boots but the shop I'm getting everything pro-formed through isn't carrying Option for 05.  So then I was thinking a Gnu Altered Genetics but I think they're dropping Gnu as well.  So that means the only brands they're carrying for 05 are Burton, Ride and like 6 ski companies.  So I think I'll probably end up with a Ride DH / SPi's / 32 Lashed

mmmmmmm snow
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Someguy:

LOL, a Burton Custom is one of the best boards you could ever own. I've had  Ride, Option, Burton etc...The Burton is great- because it simply works. I have a Burton T6 -162 and it is the fastest on the moutain at any given moment- also its the lightest for its size, its made of aluminum honeycomb. Anyways, what makes Burton work is the Custom shape- which is their trademark and nobody can copy them. You cant deny the awesome power of Burton- they invented snowboarding and take one look at their factory team- impressive lineup. But I dont buy Burton because they have some of the best riders- I buy it because Ive tried the rest and the Custom works the best for me.Just find what works best for you. why didnt you like Burton-BTW?

A Ride Timeless is an awesome board too and will please most, but I found the rears a bit twichy at higher speeds. The Ride bindings are really- really good- because the bases are made of thick metal= no flex.

Im getting excited! I gotta go watch a baording DVD now...

When i got into boarding about 12 years ago i rode some piece of crap board until i could afford a better one (so basically until christmas came). I ended up with a board that was handmade by this old dude, who called his boards HYPER. Square front and back ends made for some awsome "wheelies". That board was  by far the strongest, most flexible board i had ever rode. I still have it too.

My riding experience got better and better, and i moved from board to board, and tried all sorts of different ones, from a lot of different companies. Never summer, forum (don't like those either), M3, a couple of others and then, burton.

Basically, i felt that my riding was not where it should have been. I didn't like the way my board felt at all, especially in the powder. I don't remember what the model was. I had tested a few out, and i guess i just never liked them. I had a good friend of my break one off a 20 foot cliff or so.

I haven't ridden their products since, but i guess they could have changed. This custom you speak of may be ok for you, but i'll stay away from them. Just bad experiences, thats all there is to it.

Im outta breath.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I can't wait either.  I'm getting all new gear, I was looking at an Option Makinen with Ride SPi's and 32 Lashed boots but the shop I'm getting everything pro-formed through isn't carrying Option for 05.  So then I was thinking a Gnu Altered Genetics but I think they're dropping Gnu as well.  So that means the only brands they're carrying for 05 are Burton, Ride and like 6 ski companies.  So I think I'll probably end up with a Ride DH / SPi's / 32 Lashed

mmmmmmm snow

NICE combo!! DH is a good board.

yeah, im pro-forming all of my stuff too.  Man I love my hobby job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top