Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 11:50:05 AM EDT
1 year factory warranty.

I have been wanting a G19 or possibly a 21 for a while and the price is really good 419 for the G-17.

What do you think is this a good way to save money? or am I going to end up with a lemon?

I don't mind a ugly glock i just don't want a POS, I am guessing they are police trade ins?

turners.com/engage/displayads.php
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife has a rebuilt 19.  I'd guess we've had it for about two years, maybe more.  It's a great piece.  You can't tell it from new, except that it doesn't have the finger grooves.  Which is a benefit in my book, hers too.  They just don't fit some folks.  I don't think you can go wrong, a Glock for $400, what are you waiting for?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
They're advertising the new style of Glock....... I'd say go for it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Glocks are work horses. If it's been "rebuilt" which i can't imagine what would need to be done. It was done by the exact same company who produced it in the first place. Which means it was done correctly. $400 for a glock is a hell of a deal.  

J
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My wife has a rebuilt 19.  I'd guess we've had it for about two years, maybe more.  It's a great piece.  You can't tell it from new, except that it doesn't have the finger grooves.  Which is a benefit in my book, hers too.  They just don't fit some folks.  I don't think you can go wrong, a Glock for $400, what are you waiting for?

Well thats good news, I can't decide to a want a 19 or a 21?? The 21 just seemed to damn big for carry. Maybe I will go with the 30 but its a chubby little thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glocks are work horses. If it's been "rebuilt" which i can't imagine what would need to be done.

J

thats what I want to know what was messed up originally?

doesn't really matter I am sure they got them to work the second time around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I would think a factory rbuild would be: thorough clean and lube, all new springs, check barrel for wear, check disconnect and trigger bar replace as needed, check slide and frame rails for wear replace as needed.
Most of them would only need new springs I bet. 400 bucks, get two.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
That's all I can sell here in Mass.

Have sold hundreds.

Not one, and I mean not one, has ever had to be sent back for service.

They're all police trade ins. Here that is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
At my old now closed indoor firing range Santa Anita Firing Range, Monrovia, Calif(10 miles east of Los Angeles), they had a rental Glock 17 that has gone 750,000 rounds and was still working good when the range closed! The gun broke a slide at 500,000 and it was replaced. They cleaned it when customers complained that it was jamming by just knocking away the grime for about 30 seconds and given back to the customer. The 750,000 rounds includes only those rounds the customer bought at the range, the  ammo count is probably higher because many people smuggle in ammo from the outside. As a result I would defintely buy the rebult Glock because you'll probably not going to need that 1 year warranty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Factory rebuilt glock = they didn't get it right the first time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top