Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 9:36:26 AM EDT
Just wanted to let you all know about a new FREE email service that's just for gun enthusiasts like you. It's called GunMail.com

It offers all the things you'd expect from an web based email service and allows you to have a really cool address like [email protected]

If you sign up now you'll be able to get the best address, perhaps you could get your favorite gun? ([email protected])

Ok, hope you find it useful.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm. First post. New acct. I'm afraid to click the link.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Registration Service Provided By: AWOS
Visit:

Domain name: GUNMAIL.COM

Administrative Contact:
  AWOS
  Steve Fleming ([email protected])
  +1.8082257905
  Fax: +1.8082257905
  814 Kinau St
  Honolulu, HI 96813
  US

Billing Contact:
  AWOS
  +1.8082257905
  814 Kinau St
  Honolulu, HI 96813
  US

Technical Contact:
  AWOS
  +1.8082257905
  814 Kinau St
  Honolulu, HI 96813
  US

Registrant Contact:
  AWOS
  +1.8082257905
  814 Kinau St
  Honolulu, HI 96813
  US

Name Servers:
  ns1.cyberinventions.com
  ns2.cyberinventions.com

COMMENT:  MIGHT BE LEGIT, BUT THE "APPROACH" TO GUN OWNERS AS PISTOL PACKING THUGS IS ALL WRONG.  I WOULDN'T USE IT MYSELF>
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
+1

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
A UK email addy and HI billing?

Hmm... I'll pass. Hell I am still waiting for my gmail invite!
CH
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Gay ass website
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I can tell, this guy is just trying to make the value of this domain increase. Serch for gunmail and you will see he has posted on a couple other gun type boards as well as namepro.

CH

oh ya...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I really don't appreciate staring at an image of a firearm pointed at me.  Poor choice of graphics.

www.gunmail.com/i/main_page_05.gif
www.gunmail.com/i/main_page_09.gif

WTF???

That looks like those homos that came on here a couple of months ago and put all those pictures of them with guns pointing them at the camera.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all your kind words. Glad you like the service.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
geeze guys, from the looks a PRO gun mail service, and it's all daggers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I may be wrong, and if I am then sorry. But from what I can find this is not about being progun, only making a buck from a domain name.

If I am wrong, again, I am sorry.
CH
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may be wrong, and if I am then sorry. But from what I can find this is not about being progun, only making a buck from a domain name.

CH

Well Cape_hunter let me start by saying your both right and wrong in some of  your statements.

The statement about me 'trying to make a quick buck' is very, very wrong. I'm offering a free service, paying for hosting, bandwidth and marketing of my site.

Your correct in saying that I frequent Name Pros and have bought a number of domains some  with the intention of reselling and some, like gunmail.com, with the intention of developing.

Now when I saw the name was available I did not think 'oh great, here's a name I can make a quick buck on' but rather 'here's a great name that would be perfect for a free email service for gun enthusiasts and any one else who just wants a cool sounding email address'. The site makes zero revenue at the moment, infact it's costing me money every day but just like any business venture I'm gambling that it will pay off.

How that pay off will come I have no idea at the moment but the fact remains gunmail.com is the best possible domain for exactly what I'm using it for and it's a great free service so when you and some of this boards other members cast aspersions and libelous commentary I wonder what your motivation could be? Are you acting as the saviours of every other gun user? From what? From who? All I've done is buy a great domain name, set up a great service and then try to promote it the best way I can with the budget I have.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Its the UK and Hawaii thing. It puts gun owners off.
Both of those places aren't exactly gun friendly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Its the UK and Hawaii thing. It puts gun owners off.
Both of those places aren't exactly gun friendly.

I see your point ARDunstan but I can't change the facts ;) I'm in Englishman living in Hawaii and that's a fact.  I suppose I could of chosen to hide my whois information but I figured I had no reason to. If it's going to cause this much distrust maybe I should reconsider.

Thanks for your comment and intelligent input.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Well Cape_hunter let me start by saying your both right and wrong in some of  your statements.

The statement about me 'trying to make a quick buck' is very, very wrong. I'm offering a free service, paying for hosting, bandwidth and marketing of my site.

Your correct in saying that I frequent Name Pros and have bought a number of domains some  with the intention of reselling and some, like gunmail.com, with the intention of developing.

Now when I saw the name was available I did not think 'oh great, here's a name I can make a quick buck on' but rather 'here's a great name that would be perfect for a free email service for gun enthusiasts and any one else who just wants a cool sounding email address'. The site makes zero revenue at the moment, infact it's costing me money every day but just like any business venture I'm gambling that it will pay off.

How that pay off will come I have no idea at the moment but the fact remains gunmail.com is the best possible domain for exactly what I'm using it for and it's a great free service so when you and some of this boards other members cast aspersions and libelous commentary I wonder what your motivation could be? Are you acting as the saviours of every other gun user? From what? From who? All I've done is buy a great domain name, set up a great service and then try to promote it the best way I can with the budget I have.

Steve

Making a profit is not a bad thing but using this web site for nothing more than a marketing campaign is not that great in my opinion. Have you made any other informative/inquisitive posts other than to let everyone know about gunmail.com????
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Steve,
We have over the years seen lots of people come in here trying to peddle services, such as yours. When a person comes in offering a service like this in their first post with no explanation other then its cool, people get suspicious.

The next time you may have better luck contacting the site staff and asking the best way to offer your service to the masses. A little blurb such as "I contacted admin and they gave their blessing" would go a very long ways on a site like this. Besides, this site privately owned offers email to its members already.

Good luck with your ventures
CH
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just wanted to let you all know about a new FREE email service that's just for gun enthusiasts like you. It's called GunMail.com

It offers all the things you'd expect from an web based email service and allows you to have a really cool address like [email protected]

If you sign up now you'll be able to get the best address, perhaps you could get your favorite gun? ([email protected])

Steve

I don't send e-mail.

In fact, I don't even have an internet connection.

I have never used a computer.

I can't read.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

I don't send e-mail.

In fact, I don't even have an internet connection.

I have never used a computer.

I can't read.

Ok, that explains everything.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top