Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 7:41:55 AM EDT
Long story short, the VA keeps reevaluating me to reduce service-related/connected issues, especially on things I know (or believe) to have occurred in the service.  Like tomorrow I'm off to OKC for yet another exam.  Apparently the VA rates (or unrates)  based on two areas of criteria. Question: when I get there how do I convince the Taliban-run VA my case has merit?  Is this some large plot to save the US money?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
CALL THE AMERICAN LEGION, VFW, OR AMVETS RIGHT NOW!!!! The VA is about to really screw you if you don't.

They have vet service officers who will fight for you and know the system.

Having a complete copy of my SRB and medical records and calling the legion were the two smartest things I did connected to the service.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, I have never been re-evaluated.  Im at 40%  and have never been contacted by them for any follow up type stuff. I got out in 1999 and started receiving benifits around 2000/2001.

How long since your discharge?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I retired in 2001.  Same thing: 40%. and out of the blue I got the notice for it.  If I had read my original claim I would have known my issue was verified (I had thought it was going to be an increase).  So now it was reduced.  Why?  Some think the gov is cutting cost across the board, and don't want vets with 50% or more to get concurrent payment, i.e., retirement and disability, so they're swinging the ax at everybody.  I'm sure some claims are easier to disallow than others.  However, stand by, I'm sure they're looking at everyone.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Im 50%, I had 12 years of service.  Perhaps this is why I cant get recalled for a 3 year Limited Duty tour at SWCS as an instructor?

With 3 more years I would be able to double dip.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out this website.
www.hadit.com/

hadit.com Veteran to Veteran is an online community dedicated to serving veterans seeking information on their Veterans Affairs claims for disability, or other veteran’s benefits.  hadit.com offers all its information free to the public.

It's run by a friend.
She knows her shit.

Search around, do some digging, join the forums and ask your question.
You will get the straight skinny.
Good luck, and if you want, drop me an IM and I'll talk to you about the VA.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
And as been posted, who is your advocate?
You signed a form that gave your advocate the power of attourny to represent you in your VA dealings as far as claims go.

Mine is the DAV and they have been 100% on the VA's ass for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Texas Veterans Assoc.  We'll see if they hold out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top