Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 4:34:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Al-Qaida link to school massacre?

At least 10 of 'Chechen' terrorists were Arabs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 6, 2004
3:33 p.m. Eastern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
While Russia marked its first of two official days of mourning, authorities said at least 10 of the 32 supposedly "Chechen" terrorists responsible for the school massacre that killed more than 400 people were actually Arab nationals.

The disclosure gives credence to suggestions that the attack was more than an operation by "separatists" involved in a regional struggle for a breakaway republic – it is part of the "global jihad" of Islamists vs. the West, Christianity and Judaism.

A statement on the Internet reportedly made by a group loyal to Osama bin Laden's second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahiri backs Russian claims that international Islamic terrorist groups were involved in the school siege in Beslan.

In fact, analysts say Islamists with international goals infiltrated the Chechen movement between 1994 and 1996.

In addition, as WND reportedly exclusively, the Beslan operation closely followed the terror roadmap laid out in issue 10 of Al Battar, al-Qaida's online training manual.

The terrorism roadmap, written by Abdel Aziz Al Moqrin, leader of al-Qaida's Saudi Arabian cell who was killed in June, provides a detailed and simplified "Kidnapping for Dummies" guide.

Prior to the kidnap-hostage raid in Beslan, two passenger planes were destroyed in bomb blasts, killing 89 people. Ten people died last Monday from a suicide bomb attack near a Moscow subway station.

Meanwhile, the school in Beslan, home to a mostly Christian populace, is to be turned into a memorial.

The building would be turned into a memorial, while a new school "will be shortly built at a different site," North Ossetian government spokesman Lev Dzugayev told Rossia TV channel.

After clearing of mines and booby traps planted by the terrorists, the devastated school building was opened today for the relatives to pay homage to their loved ones, who died there in the three-day long siege.

Russian TV channels showed many parents and relatives of the hostages placing flowers and open plastic water bottles on what used to be floor the school gym, where 1,184 children and adults were kept in hot and stuffy atmosphere without water, forcing many to drink their own urine to quench their thirst.

The Christian relief organization Barnabas Fund is appealing for assistance for the victims of the brutal terrorist attack on a school in Christian-majority North Ossetia.

The horrific attack on School No.1, Beslan, in North Ossetia, has shocked the world. Over 400 hostages were killed, nearly half of them children. Nearly 400 others are in hospital, with gunshot wounds and burns.

North Ossetia, a Christian-majority republic within the Russian Federation, has until now mainly enjoyed peace and stability, despite its proximity to conflict-wracked Chechnya. The victims of the terrorist atrocity were mainly from Christian families, both Orthodox and Protestant.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
We must spare no expense, leave no stone un-turned, in our effort to find out why these people hate us so much and have declared war on us. Once we have learned the reasons why we are their targets, we must go to the ends of the earth, pleading with these people that we are not their enemy and work with them, finding common ground. War is not the answer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We must spare no expense, leave no stone un-turned, in our effort to find out why these people hate us so much and have declared war on us. Once we have learned the reasons why we are their targets, we must go to the ends of the earth, pleading with these people that we are not their enemy and work with them, finding common ground. War is not the answer.

Hey, do you post on that Car & Driver forum?

Sadly, WG, there are too many who say that, and actually believe it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Putin raised the specter of the region breaking apart from Moscow during a meeting with Hill and other visiting Westerners late Monday. "There's a Yugoslavia variant here," he said, according to notes taken by Eileen O'Connor, a participant. "It would be difficult to imagine the consequences for the rest of the world. Bear in mind Russia is a nuclear power."

W.O.W.

Putin just put the nuclear option squarely on the table.

Just wow.

Read that.  He's basically serving notice on the Islamists (and everyone else) that Mother Russia is considering bringing out the hellfire.  I dare say that if there's a nation-state found to have been complicitous in the Russia hostage ordeal, they may well feel the warm glow of the world's hottest blast furnace.

I'm all for it.  Let  Russia do what Russia does best and we can moan the abdject inhumanity of it while silently applauding them for doing what must be done.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Kremlin official, Aslanbek Aslakhanov, said in an interview that more than 20 elite Russian commandos were killed in the day-long battle that began Friday, many of them accidentally shot in the back by armed civilian vigilantes who rushed to the school to fight for their children. The previously undisclosed death toll, he said, surpasses any in the history of the famed Alpha and Vympel special forces units.

That would lend credence, in another story, that the Ruskie military were really scarced of the gun-toting civilians. Originally, the Ruskies claim that only 2 of the commando were killed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Putin raised the specter of the region breaking apart from Moscow during a meeting with Hill and other visiting Westerners late Monday. "There's a Yugoslavia variant here," he said, according to notes taken by Eileen O'Connor, a participant. "It would be difficult to imagine the consequences for the rest of the world. Bear in mind Russia is a nuclear power."

W.O.W.

Putin just put the nuclear option squarely on the table.

Just wow.

Read that.  He's basically serving notice on the Islamists (and everyone else) that Mother Russia is considering bringing out the hellfire.  I dare say that if there's a nation-state found to have been complicitous in the Russia hostage ordeal, they may well feel the warm glow of the world's hottest blast furnace.

I'm all for it.  Let  Russia do what Russia does best and we can moan the abdject inhumanity of it while silently applauding them for doing what must be done.

I read it as radicals might gain access to nuclear weapons from the states involved in a break-away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I read it as radicals might gain access to nuclear weapons from the states involved in a break-away.

Yeah, I took it that way also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I've read/heard a number of the soldiers were killed because they drew fire from the BGs while the children escaped. Quite Honorable IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That would lend credence, in another story, that the Ruskie military were really scarced of the gun-toting civilians. Originally, the Ruskies claim that only 2 of the commando were killed.

I came up with a formula as a child during the Cold War. When the Russians list a number of casualties, multiply that number by ten, and you will have a more accurate count.

Yeah, me three, as a I grew up in the cold war. But I gave them a break this time because of the initial confusion in the opening moments of the attack. But you're right, the Russian/Soviet govt has never been too upfront with the numbers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, do you post on that Car & Driver forum?

Sadly, WG, there are too many who say that, and actually believe it.

Wow, that Car and Driver forum is as bad as DU.  Beslan was Russia's fault.  9/11 was America's fault.  All terrorism everywhere is the fault of everyone BUT the terrorists.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Chechenz wit ATTITUDE

www.exile.ru/downloads/Exile_Chechenz.mp3

WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top