Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 4:18:49 AM EDT
Stepped up attacks on our troops/police by insurgents loyal to Al sadir POS.  They should have bombed that mosque to tiny little rubble pieces then lit it on fire and then sprayed with pig crap
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that would have really stopped the militants...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the military needs to adopt the program WWPD.

What Would Patton Do
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the islamic apologists will be along momentarily to explain how 'we' screwed up and offended them.

Y'all need to make a decision, and stick to it...  Either we are occupiers or liberators.  Each role mandates different behavior.  By the way, take a guess at which candidate believes we are occupiers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, that would have really stopped the militants...

And you would suggest what?????

The Al Sadr militia and the sore called Fallujah should have been taken care of back in April the FIRST time they became problems. This delicate "negotiating" process has gotten our troops NOTHING but more KIA. Notice I said "our troops"? That is who I care about, not the Iraqis causing problems or the sensitivities of the others. It is possible to become heavy handed without INTENTIONALLY targeting civilians.

"Train's coming, get off the fucking tracks!!!"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Stepped up attacks on our troops/police by insurgents loyal to Al sadir POS.  They should have bombed that mosque to tiny little rubble pieces then lit it on fire and then sprayed with pig crap

Bombing it to tiny little pieces, along with the SOBs inside, would be enough for me.

No point in insulting a bunch of dead people.

Now, if you wanted to spray the place with pig crap instead of bombing it to pieces .......
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
oh yea- let me rephrase- we should have bombed the place with burning small pieces of pig crap...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#9]
It's my turn to play armchair commando: We should have told the Iraqi leadership that THEY were the ones who had to storm the Mosque, but WE would have every tank, APC, attack helo, and fixed-wing aircraft on stand-by if they needed our help.

This way, it's the Iraqis who would "take" the Holy shrine, not us.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the islamic apologists will be along momentarily to explain how 'we' screwed up and offended them.

Y'all need to make a decision, and stick to it...  Either we are occupiers or liberators.  Each role mandates different behavior.  By the way, take a guess at which candidate believes we are occupiers.

We liberated Europe, than we occupied it till they could all play nice and things were built up and they had power and roads and all that shit. Infact you could say we still occupy europe as we still have troops there.

It's the same thing in Iraq we liberated it now we occupy it. Sorry thats how it is. Were the ones keeping that shithole from going under. If we pulled out today every single last troop and piece of equipment that country would fall apart. We are now occupying that country to make sure that the new government can survive untill they have enough security forces, which they don't, so we have to provide for that. We can't do that job if thier damn government wants to keep negotiating with these POS insurgents, they keep giving them the time needed to re-group, rearm and move, recruit and anything else. Not saying we should go level whole cities, though at times I'd love to see it, it wouldn't help. We have to be allowed to keep a lot of pressure on Sadar's goons and we can;t do that if we can't go hunt them down because the iraqi .gov wants to negotiate. They(sadar and his goons) have already shown that they can't be hold to a ceasefire that they agreed too. So why the fuck waste the time to negotiate with themm when they have proven through their actions that they won't hold to it, and they will just comeback after regrouping and getting more idiots and arms and start some more shit. Why whats the point of negotiating, it's not doing a damn thing to help put an end to the problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And you would suggest what?????

I don't have the intel for a proper determination.  I have no doubt that those who have such intel, are acting on it.

Our allies in Iraq are not that strong.  It wouldn't take much to turn many against us.  Thus, we are between a rock and a hard place.  Act too lightly, and the insurgents wind ground.  Act too heavily, and lose internal support (win militarily, lose politically).

This is our situation...  We need to steel ourselves to it.  NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE GOAL IN LIEU OF PUBLIC TACTICAL VICTORY.  Do you remember what the goal was?

If you have a problem with the way it's being fought, take it up with the CIC on election day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I have all the intel I need.

Kill Al Sadr and all of his so-called militia.  The people that care don't count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top