Posted: 9/6/2004 9:56:25 PM EDT
How did it work for you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It killed it's creator

Atkins
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I was for a while, but it gets kind of expensive, so I dropped it (poor college student...at least for a little while longer).

It takes a while to get used to some of their substitutes, but its not bad.

Once I can afford more to spend more on food than PB&J, I'll probably go back to it unless I have a reason not to.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It killed it's creator

Atkins

for fucks sake, he 72 years old, no matter what life you live death can find you.  Hell, there was one member of a hardcore band here who was vegan, never smoke, never drank, lived healthy, but he got cancer before he was 25 years old.

As for the atkins diet, I did it, but after 2 weeks of drinking nothing but water, hard liqour and some weird diet soda I wanted to die.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw the Atkins Diet. You can go to this Carls Jr that I know and piss off the girl at the counter... She will give you a Lupe-Buttwipe burger that will MAKE YOU lose weight in just days.

Actually I have been on the Atkins diet... I didnt fare so well. I lost weight yet not only gained it back but had health issues while I was on it. As soon as I was off... I was back to normal.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]
no i'm not

i just eat lots of meat

wont all of the meat give you high colestoral and you end up with a heart attack or stroke??
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Screw the Atkins Diet. You can go to this Carls Jr that I know and piss off the girl at the counter... She will give you a Lupe-Buttwipe burger that will MAKE YOU lose weight in just days.

still upset?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It killed it's creator

Atkins

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/04/10/health/main548614.shtml

Atkins suffered a severe head injury April 8, after slipping on an icy sidewalk yards from his Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine in midtown Manhattan.

Atkins underwent surgery to remove a blood clot that formed after his fall, but he remained in critical condition at New York Weill Cornell Medical Center.

Yep.  Low carb diet caused ice to form on the sidewalk, thus making him slip, and knock the hell out of his head, right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

still upset?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllll Yeah!!!!! Almost ruined my vacation...  I felt like that commercial "When will your diarreah act up?? Use Immodium AD"
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am still on a modified Atkins Diet.

It's been 8 months and I have lost 67+ pounds.

It is a bit expensive, cause you're eating meat and cheese a lot, wgich are expensive items, and you cannot eat the cheap stuff like beans, rice, and potatoes.

Here I am pre-Atkins Diet:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=3502&iGalleryUnq=162&iImageUnq=6824

Here I am about a month ago, about 57 pounds lighter:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=3502&iGalleryUnq=162&iImageUnq=29551

As you can see, I'm also hanging out with prettier people due to my weight loss!

Eric The(GodRestHisSoul,Dr.Atkins!)Hun

Job, well done!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm a diabetic - I'm on the Atkins diet by default.

so is my old man.

I am on the C diet. Ever heard of it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I am on atkins diet. I lost 100 lbs and i am still losing more. I go to the gym daily. this diet works if you stick with it. I'm in good health right now.

Went from 340 lbs to 240 lbs. my weight is STILL going down and I am starting to look very very good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Right now I'm 335 and need to lose. Normal for me is 300. I'm not fat really just starting to get a belly and its not a beer gut, I don't drink. Too much fast food lately.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a diabetic - I'm on the Atkins diet by default.

so is my old man.

I am on the C diet. Ever heard of it?

Eat whatever you C?

Yup.

I C it, i eat it.

seriously, Diabetes is a very serious issue. its good that you watch what you eat. keep that up, youll have no problems. Good luck
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I did Atkins to help kick alot of the bad eating habbits I had, and to jump start my weight loss. I've lost about 50lbs to date. I dont really consider my current diet Atkins, but its relatively low-carb, I've been losing between 1-3 lbs a week ever since. I think people get the wrong idea about what atkins is most of the time. Its not about eating 10 lbs of bacon and steak and a brick of cheese until you burst. Its just about cutting out alot of unecessary carbs and even after the induction you start to add alot of carbs back. I eat most vegetables and fruits. I dont eat alot of processed junk foods anymore, and I dont eat late at night like I used to. If Im thirsty I drink mostly water except for my morning coffee or the occasional beer/margarita with dinner.

What pisses me off is that I read alot of posts here dogging fat people, but in the same fucking breath alot of you would dog the same person for trying to do something about thier weight like using Atkins. I can understand dogging those who think being fat is someone elses fault or embracing it. I fucking hate the gut I had. I've never blamed my weight on anyone but myself and my own poor decisions, so I choose to do something about it. I dont need anyone to give me shit about my weight. I do that to myself quite enough. Now go find those fucks who parade thier nasty shit on Jerry Springer and give them an earful because they dont seem to understand what "morbidly obsese" means.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Right now I'm 335 and need to lose. Normal for me is 300. I'm not fat really just starting to get a belly and its not a beer gut, I don't drink. Too much fast food lately.

How tall are you if you don't mind my asking.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I know two women who had their first heart attacks on the atkins diet. It could be a coinsidence. But, I wonder if the heightened red meat intake had something to do with this. These were women over 35 though. The people in their twenties that do it are getting through the diet fine, and have seen results.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

6' but its not that I'm tall. My shoulders are 32 " wide and I have a 21-22" neck.

As my wife says I have more gorilla genes than human
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

6' but its not that I'm tall. My shoulders are 32 " wide and I have a 21-22" neck.

As my wife says I have more gorilla genes than human

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#22]
IMO it works better for folks with the most weight to lose.  I lost 20 lbs in six weeks then the process stopped.  I know folks that were very overweight and it worked very well.

One thing though, it can't be part time.  Cutting all carbs puts your body into keytosis which is the only way it will work.  If you introduce even a little bit of carbs (one slice of cake or one burger bun) into your system you have just stopped that process and weight loss stops until you can get back into keytosis, which may take a couple of days.

After six weeks if I had to look at one more piece of meat, cheese or eggs I was gonna go postal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Holy shit!.....that was funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top