Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:03:43 PM EDT
Any Psychiatrists out there?  I'm 66 years old, college grad, veteran, married 30 years, no kids, retired.  I have never had a beer, cigarette, cup of coffee or tea, or hard liquor.

Sounds like a candidate for "Ripley's Believe it or Not"... but it's true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sound Mormon to me...

I can say it...I am.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry about, I've probably taken your share of beer and three more dudes just like you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You probably have the hairiest palm in Wisconsin...right????????
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you Mormon?  A friend of mine is and hasn't had cigs/beer/etc.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
do you think you'd go to hell if you tried them?

go ahead. have a beer. have a cup of joe. some earl grey. mix up a martini. a part of life is trying new things. just use moderation and you should be fine.

but do stay away from the cigarettes.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any Psychiatrists out there?  I'm 66 years old, college grad, veteran, married 30 years, no kids, retired.  I have never had a beer, cigarette, cup of coffee or tea, or hard liquor.

My grandad would say you are untrust worthy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep going...

When you dance with the dark side...it leads.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope, I'm not a Mormon.  Like some of you said, why miss all the stuff that can give so much pleasure.  Probably too late now.. don't like the taste of any of it. Bummer. In the next lifetime I'm doing it differently.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nope, I'm not a Mormon.  Like some of you said, why miss all the stuff that can give so much pleasure.  Probably too late now.. don't like the taste of any of it. Bummer. In the next lifetime I'm doing it differently.  

And pain too...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Drinking a Cold Corona as I type this, Its all about balance, Ive got my end of the scale covered and glad your doing the same, Keep up the good work............Udog
Edited to add:No kids huh?.........Im hoping you've tried..............uh......well, Pie....If not then YES your a Damn Freak
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep going, sounds like a money saver to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any Psychiatrists out there? I'm 66 years old, college grad, veteran, married 30 years, no kids, retired. I have never had a beer, cigarette, cup of coffee or tea, or hard liquor.

Quoted:

how do you know what the taste like if you never had tasted them before?
but you are not missing any thing.
will some one pass me a beer!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I'm almost 30 and have had a culmulative total of MAYBE 3oz of beer in my life. HATE the stuff.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any Psychiatrists out there? I'm 66 years old, college grad, veteran, married 30 years, no kids, retired. I have never had a beer, cigarette, cup of coffee or tea, or hard liquor.

Quoted:

how do you know what the taste like if you never had tasted them before?
but you are not missing any thing.
will some one pass me a beer!

You noticed that too, huh?  At least 4 of the 5 most negative turning points in my life involved booze.  Poor turboman has only himself, while sober, to blame for his.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm 26 and I've never had coffee or cigarettes, but I've more than made up for that with beer, liquor and cigars.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang, your gonna be pissed when all those smokers and drinkers out live ya!  

Seriously folks, thats quite an acomplishment in this world.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#18]
shit im almost nineteen and ive never had a beer, a cigarette, a chew, hard liqour, wine, or any alcohol of any sort under any circumstances other than for medicinal puposes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
That smack just does't leave any time or desire for anything else right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#20]
No tea? You're missing out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#21]
"Beer is proof God loves us." - Ben Franklin, i think.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm 66 years old, college grad, veteran, married 30 years, no kids, retired.  I have never had a beer, cigarette, cup of coffee or tea, or hard liquor.

And your wife hasn't killed you out of boredom?

GM
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.  To a very large group of teens and people in their 20's, it's called being straight edge.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#24]
To steal a quote; "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy".
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.  To a very large group of teens and people in their 20's, it's called being straight edge.

Nah, that's just not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. Straight edge are those fags who mark X's on their hands and get beat up by the rest of us while in attendance at punk rock shows. Pretty sure they're scared of pussy too. Started in NY cuz all the underage kids got X's on their hands at the shows and then the straight edge kids started using that as their identifying mark.

As to turboman.....I say go have a beer and a shot to celebrate a life of purity!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, that's just not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. Straight edge are those fags who mark X's on their hands and get beat up by the rest of us while in attendance at punk rock shows. Pretty sure they're scared of pussy too. Started in NY cuz all the underage kids got X's on their hands at the shows and then the straight edge kids started using that as their identifying mark.

As to turboman.....I say go have a beer and a shot to celebrate a life of purity!

\

Well, you're right, being true straight edge is no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking, no caffienne, no sex, nothing addictive basically.  I don't go that far, I just don't do the drugs alcohol and smoking thing.  I'm the strange edge kid, I hate hardcore music, I hate shows, I hate the scene with a flaming god damn passion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\

Well, you're right, being true straight edge is no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking, no caffienne, no sex, nothing addictive basically.  I don't go that far, I just don't do the drugs alcohol and smoking thing.  I'm the strange edge kid, I hate hardcore music, I hate shows, I hate the scene with a flaming god damn passion.

Yeah, alot of that hardcore shit isn't that good. But some is awesome. Blood for Blood is a great example of GOOD hardcore. Snapcase aint bad either, if they indeed qualify. Grimlock is good too. If you like pissed off music but not the cookie monster vocals...check some of the above out. The only thing that sucks about most scenes is the labels dude. I hate being tagged as one thing or another. I prefer to be identified as "the angry drunk guy in the corner, leave 'em alone"

That aside, no smokes, no booze, no drugs, no shows, no scene? What DO you do...like...for FUN?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\

Yeah, alot of that hardcore shit isn't that good. But some is awesome. Blood for Blood is a great example of GOOD hardcore. Snapcase aint bad either, if they indeed qualify. Grimlock is good too. If you like pissed off music but not the cookie monster vocals...check some of the above out. The only thing that sucks about most scenes is the labels dude. I hate being tagged as one thing or another. I prefer to be identified as "the angry drunk guy in the corner, leave 'em alone"

That aside, no smokes, no booze, no drugs, no shows, no scene? What DO you do...like...for FUN?

Mostly I just chill at home, TV, PS2, computer, Counter-Strike, get together with friends from time to time, go shoot when I can, I haven't even shot my AR yet, only had it 2 months now, and I'm already in the process of piecing together my second.  I'll get around to it hopefully soon.  And I of course work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#30]
stick to coffee and tea

stay away from cigarettes(and all tobaco products)

dont drink and drive

live long(er) and prosper
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#32]
DUPE
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#33]
You don't need all those things to be happy.

However, if I dont have my cigs, i may snap.

Don't smoke.  Its bad.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top