Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 7:06:47 PM EDT
Beef #1: President losing jobs.  With the "Information Age" in full bloom there won't be many Americans hand carving wooden wagon wheels for tourist doodads at $20.00 hour (...living wage. per Democrats) anymore.  This type of job is gone to Taiwan and India and other 3rd world countries for .50 cents a wheel. Unskilled jobs that pay a living wage are gone forever. Except for heavily unionized jobs like auto assembly where $30 an hour for screwing in tail light bulbs is still possible.

Beef #2: People that write "checks" in grocery and hardware stores.  If they don't have the necessary brains to have a checking account and a debit card they shouldn't be allowed to leave their cardboard boxes.  They are a hazard to society and themselves.  Luckily Wisconsin doesn't have CCW because if we did I'm afraid I'd shoot the next person in front of me that pulls out a checkbook in the kneecap.

...now I feel better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You're a dumbass if you believe #1

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Check writers suck.

But beef #1 is messed up in so many ways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't mind check writers. I guess I remember a few years ago when there wasn't ATM cards and society still functioned.

What sucks more is having a box store with 35 check out lanes and only 8 of them open. This is what causes pain, not a check. If you fill it out before getting there, it only takes 30 seconds for the transaction.

I've seen more people with a card that won't scan stand there and burn up 15 minutes between them and the staff before abandoning the entire purchase because the electronic wonder card is the only money they have. It goes both ways.

I think rant #1 must have come straight from DU....so I won't even bother responding to that one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, check writers suck if they're not prepared when they get to the register.

"Oh, let's see, I stood in line for 10 minutes, yet I wasn't f'in smart enough to use my time wisely and get my checkbook out to write out the check ahead of time.  Silly me for not thinking how my lack of forethought would hold up the folks behind me."  *BAM*  boot to the head!  Wake up, Bitch!

If I go shopping locally, I always grab cash at the ATM first.  That way it's nobody elses business what I'm buying, except me.  No record at the supermarket, so they can fill my mailbox with targeted junk mail, no getting added to mailing lists because I used my credit card.  I'm in, I'm out, and I don't hold up the people behind me waiting for some damn transaction approval.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top