Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:02:25 PM EDT
I have been lifting wieghts for a long time now and i feel that i have plateaued.  I was looking into getting a protein supplement.  I am lactose intolerant and most of these products main source is milk.  So to a bigger question, is Creatine all that bad for you?  Some people say it is, the owner of the gym says that they are all crazy and its ok.  What do you guys think about on this?  Do any of you have a suggestion? There are a few products that use sugar as thier weight gaining agent.  

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Will
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can't take Whey protein use Soy protein, it is almost as absorbable and  effective.
Use creatine and glutamine.  I have used them off and on for about two years.

If you plateau, take a week off, and change your routine, your body can't get used to what you are doing...

I recommend AST's Micronized creatine, it is what i use.
First week is a loading period, you take 5 doses a day for a week.  Take it with purple grape juice, it absorbs better from everything i read.  Plus purple grape juice just kicks ass.
Make SURE you are lifting hard when you take it.  Also, almost all side effects from creatine come from the user not drinking enough water.  For every milligram( a dose is 5mg) you need to drink 8 oz more water then you normally do.  Get one of those cool nalgene bottles, you should be drinking a LOT more than normal, or else you WILL get dehydrated, i promise.
Take the glutamine(it is simply a safe amino acid, no side effects) before the workout, and the creatine after the workout.

Check out the forums and the store at www.bodybuilding.com.
There are tons of threads regarding this topic over there, and the store is the cheapest.  They will pretty much tell you what i told you, but hit them up anyway.

GL.

[EDIT]
You will probably gain about 10 LBS in the first month of using it, most of that is water wieght.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
great advice above,.....there is a fitness forum here however where you might get more help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top