Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:58:41 PM EDT
I have a TAO1NSN that I bought used without instructions. IIRC it is zeroed at 25 METERS to point of aim/point of impact, correct? I know it can be zeroed at 100 but isn't there a shorter range that can be used?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
ACOG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

» Can I change the reticle pattern in my ACOG?  
   The reticle pattern can be changed, however, this requires the installation of a new prism assembly into the ACOG scope. Please contact our Customer Service Department Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time for information on options, pricing, and turn-around time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

» Do you sell a cover for the scope?  
   Scopecoat covers come with our Standard and Compact ACOG scopes. See ACOG Accessories model numbers TA62-TA65. We also carry a bikini rubber cap for the 4x32 ACOG, which covers the eyepiece end and fits snug in the objective end. The model number for this is a TA52.

» Does bullet weight and/or barrel length effect the reticle bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines?  
   The real issue is not the bullet weight or barrel length, but muzzle velocity, ballistic coefficient, and the distance from height above bore. The difference in trajectory from bullet to bullet or barrel to barrel is usually less then the MOA thickness of the stadia lines.

» I can’t get my ACOG to zero on my AR15?  
   Our ACOG scopes are set at 100 meters when they leave the factory. If you cannot get the scope to zero, check to see if the scope is mounted all the way in to the handle. Sometimes a little extra pressure is needed to make sure the scope is completely touching the base of the handle.

» The right hand side crosshair is blurry. Is this normal?  
   Yes and this is why: By removing metal from a prism mirror makes the ACOG reticle pattern. This mirror is at about a 45-degree angle inside the gun sight. This means that the left side of the reticle is closer to the eye than the center of the reticle and the right side of the reticle is further from the eye. The result for the right side of the reticle is that it is focused beyond infinity. This can cause distortion on the right side of the reticle. The perceived distortion will be more or less depending on an individual's eyesight. The left side of the reticle is unaffected because the human eye has no difficulty focusing on a closer object. This in no way detracts from the performance of the scope. The image of the target area is not affected. Only the right hand side horizontal reticle line is blurry. This construction is required to achieve a parallax free vertical center of the scope, which allows the built in ranging on the reticle pattern.

» What bullet was used to calibrate the ACOG scopes?  
   The TA01, TA11, & TA31 (.223) was desinged for the 5.56mm, 20 inch barrel, 55 grain bullet, M16/AR15 carry handle mount. The TA01B & TA11C(.308) was desinged for the 7.62mm, 20 inch barrel, 168 grain bullet, M16/AR15 carry handle mount. The TA01NSN was designed specifically for the US Special Operations Command SOPMOD M4 Carbine. To meet their requirements, the reticle bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines are based on the trajectory of the 62 grain bullet from a 16 inch barrel, flattop mount (Picatinny rail Mil.Std.1913).
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Zero 1.2" low with the 200m hashmark at 25yds in order to zero at shorter range. Otherwise zero using the 100m hashmark at 100yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top