Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:43:38 PM EDT
I am getting overrun by Hornets (not so much wasps) they are under the roof tiles on the second story of my house...any ideas?

I use that Raid 20ft spray but it is not effective from the ground and I am chicken to put a ladder up there so close to their little firebases.

Any ideas? Even my Terminix guys are pussin out on me.

I use the jet nozzle and blast em but it aint wasting their collectives.

I hate these pigfuckers

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a 10/22 with a BSA red dot and CCI shot shells.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tannerite!

Nuke from orbit!

Get Both.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
no shit...I was fixing bayonets my last charge into their zone....those crazy fuckers wouldn't stop...used a whole can of poison and about 50 gallons of water as I hit them with AAA and when they fell I'd stomp em....

Don't get in my grill boy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Pants, sweater, gloves, something to cover your face and neck - then get on the roof.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite asshole insect.  Isn't there a comercially available wasp and hornet killer.  I understand they die instantly with the stuff, no kickin'chicken.

Of course it means going up there after them.  The spray has a range of about 20 feet.  It comes out in a straight stream.  You'll have to know the location of each nest or hive.  Hit the nest, they all die.  The stuff kills them 3 ways.  1. Sudden lowering of the ambient temperature.  2. The chemicals also shut off there nervous system.  3.  They suffocate.
I think Raid , Black Flag, and Ortho make something like this.

Billster
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
carb cleaner works well
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Lookie what I found....

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no shit...I was fixing bayonets my last charge into their zone....those crazy fuckers wouldn't stop...used a whole can of poison and about 50 gallons of water as I hit them with AAA and when they fell I'd stomp em....

www.nature.com/NSU/030602/images/hornet_180.jpg
Don't get in my grill boy.

It sound like you have it under control!

Way to kick ass!

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
carb cleaner works well

with the addition of a zippo lighter
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you need to fire up the grill a bit more often!

www.killsbugsdead.com/fop_w_h_k.asp
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]
i work for terminix, if these guys were at my branch, they would be in trouble.
Wasps and hornets should be a covered insect.
call the branch manager and ask him to come out since your technician wont do it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My favorite asshole insect. Isn't there a comercially available wasp and hornet killer. I understand they die instantly with the stuff, no kickin'chicken.

I couple of years ago I got some stuff called Wasp Stopper from my neighbor who was a retired lineman for the phone company. Just hit 'em with it and they drop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i work for terminix, if these guys were at my branch, they would be in trouble.
Wasps and hornets should be a covered insect.
call the branch manager and ask him to come out since your technician wont do it.

Roger that...thanks --- I think they don't want to get on a ladder either...but I have to say I think my guy is PLANTING ants and bugs...we've never had so many bugs until after we started with Terminix
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Bucket + Dish soap + Water.  It will knock them down right away, then they will die in minute or two later.  

The fire department uses soapy water to dispatch large hives of Africanized bees around here.  I've used it on wasps many times, and never been stung.  Might want to have a second bucket handy though, and leave the door open just in case you have to run.

Edit- do it in the early morning or late evening when they're not as active.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top