Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 2:00:24 PM EDT
Just heard on news today (Radio) that Dept. of Defense is opening an official investigation into John Kerry's war record and testimony before Congress.  This is based on the results obtained from an inquiry the Navy did.  Why hasn't it been done before?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
(If it's true) About damn time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I read last night that this investigation is a result of Larry Klayman of Judicial Watch filing a complain and the UCMJ leaves the Navy with no choice but to investigate, here is the story.

Pentagon Inspector General Contacts Secretary Of The Navy About Kerry Awards

Reacts to Investigation Request by Judicial Watch

(Washington, DC)  Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption and abuse, announced today that the Inspector General (“IG”) of the Department of Defense has informed the Secretary of the Navy of Judicial Watch’s “formal complaint and request for investigation, determination and final disposition of the awards granted to Lieutenant (junior grade) John Forbes Kerry, U.S. Naval Reserve.”

The Defense Department IG cited Section 8(d) of the Inspector General Act of 1978, which states: “. . . the IG of the Department of Defense shall expeditiously report suspected or alleged violations of chapter 47 of title 10, United States Code (Uniform Code of Military Justice), to the Secretary of the military department concerned or the Secretary of Defense.”

On August 18, 2004, Judicial Watch filed a complaint and request for investigation and final disposition of awards granted to Kerry with the Inspectors General of the Department of Defense and the Department of the Navy, as well as the Chief of Naval Operations and the Navy’s Board of Decorations and Medals.  See the complaint and the Department of Defense IG letter by clicking here.

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, Judicial Watch called upon Senator Kerry to remove the Silver Star citation from his political campaign Internet site pending a review of the granting of the award by the U.S. Navy. Senator Kerry’s political Internet site displays a document listing a “Silver Star with Combat ‘V.’”  The Combat “V” device is never awarded with the nation’s third highest award for heroism.  A U.S. Navy spokesperson has reportedly stated: “The Navy has never issued a ‘Combat V’ to anyone for a Silver Star.”  Additionally, former Navy Secretary John Lehman was quoted with respect to the Silver Star citation as saying: “It is a total mystery to me.  I never saw it.  I never signed it.  I never approved it.  And the additional language it contains was not written by me.”

“We hope this is the beginning of an actual investigation of the legitimacy of Senator Kerry’s awards by the Navy and the Pentagon,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not good.  Bush will be blamed for hitting below the belt.

Doubt an official verdict will be available before the election.  Not good.

True BUT Bush is blamed by the Dems for everything.
We have to grab the undecided not the DU Crowd.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why hasn't it been done before?

The claims for his military have gotten more outrageous recently (such as the brand-new Silver Star mentioned on his campaign website). Apparently, he's going to keep adding new embelishments to his military 'career' until someone calls his bluff on it...which is exactly what's happening now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
(If it's true) About damn time.

++
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
About time.  Now Kerry really IS in trouble.   Mark my words, this investigation will PROVE that Kerry is a lying medal hound that made all this shit up.

He is in very deep now.

Look for the attacks on Bush's military record to intensify from the Left in a failed attempt to obscure the ongoing damage to Traitor Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:Look for the attacks on Bush's military record to intensify from the Left in a failed attempt to obscure the ongoing damage to Traitor Kerry.

Already started:

www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/06/bush.records.ap/index.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
we could be witnessing the greatest career blunder of all time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top