Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 10:51:30 AM EDT
one in .410 smoothbore
one in .270
one in .243

also a winchester model 70 in 30-06.

A friend's father had these, all from his father circa 50's or 60's.
actions are of course tight and need work ....

what's the word on these?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a J.C. Higgins .22LR single shot that my dad bought new in 1957. It is a nice little rifle and is more accurate than many expensive match grade 10/22s I've shot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Sears guns were guns made by the likes of Winchester, Mossberg, J.C. Higgins, etc. Sears added their model numbers and you can cross reference them to find out which company actually made them. Gun Parts Corp. has a table for that in their catalog and probably on their web site. Most Sears guns and J.C. Higgins guns were low cost guns for the "working man." Any serious collector value is doubtful. They are usually just decent solid guns that are shooters only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top