Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:47 AM EDT
Nothing like celebrities spouting off BS to get my  blood pumping on a nice labor day morning.
Feel free to add to this list.

"We've been living under the current administration right now. I can't say that it's in tune with the way that I feel that America should be going."

== TOM HANKS, at the Venice Film Festival.
From Yahoo! News

"I was old enough to vote the last time, (but) I didn't. I am going to vote because anybody is better than George W. Bush.

"It's scary what we're doing to the environment, and I'm scared that maybe (the war on Iraq) is going to get a lot worse before it gets better."

== Kirsten Dunst
News Source

From his new song "Whatever Happened to Peace on Earth":

How much oil is one human life worth?
Hell they won't lie to me/ Not on my own damn TV/ But how much is a liar's word worth/ And whatever happened to peace on earth?

== Willie Nelson
Willie Nelson Condemns Iraq War

"Bush is a f**king idiot."

== Jennifer Anniston
You can find it at Rolling Stone.com

"[Bush is a] sad figure: not too well educated, who doesn't get out of America much. He's leading the country towards fascism."

"It's all the same to me, he wouldn't understand the word fascism anyway."

== Larry Hagman
J.R. Ewing Slams Bush

"I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association; he deserves whatever anyone says about him."

"What did Bush do on 9/11? He ran away and hid. Even Reagan knew more about leadership than that, and he was as bad a symbol of America as I can think of, off-hand. But at least he's been in enough cowboy movies to know he had to come out and stand on top of the rubble and be seen shaking his fist or something."

"The problem is we elected a manager, and we need a leader. Let's face it: Bush is just dim."

== George Clooney
Click to see a long list of Clooney drivel!

In response to 9/11:

"Yes this is all wonderful news, it is time that the f*cking Jews get their heads kicked in. It's time to finish off the US once and for all."

"I was happy, could not really believe what has happened. I just cant be crying about the US , you know ..All the crimes the US is committing all over the world. This just shows, what goes around, that comes around even to the United States. Thats what happened tonight, what goes around comes around even to the United States."

== Bobby Fischer (Chess Master)
Link to Bobby Fischer Anti-American Drivel

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Everybody seems to think that Tom Hanks is the greatest actor ever, personally I don't think it's because he's that good, just that the balance of the current crop of actors is that bad. I suppose he has taken over Alan Alda's position as the next "sensitive guy" [vomit]

I had to look up Kirsten Dunst to see who the hell she was or if she had done anything of any great import. Judging from her resume including roles in movies I've never heard of, appearances on shows nobody watches (Kilborn? is he still on?) and spreads in Maxim ("LOOK AT ME! I CAN TAKE MY CLOTHES OFF!") I'm not sure she is qualified to comment on the race for dogcatcher, let alone President.

Willie Nelson - Willie, Willie, Willie... How much oil is a life worth? You were always catchy with a line, why don't you write a few about people falling 100 stories and bouncing off the pavement? Asshat.

Jennifer Aniston - was she brain-damaged during her nose job?

Larry Hagman - gee JR, where did YOU go to college? Your fortunes were all make-believe, just TV show riches...

George Clooney - "What did Bush do on 9/11? He ran away and hid." Is Clooney Hollywood's dumbest actor? (or is it a tie with Alec Baldwin?) And he calls Bush "dim"? No wonder women love Clooney, he is the ultimate brainless boy toy.

Fischer - the tempermental chess genius who flies into a rage when he doesn't get his way? I suppose it proves that stellar ability in one field doesn't always translate to general intelligence or common sense. His comments in the aforementioned link are beyond vile. What a POS.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Other than making more money than most of us....these asshats know more about world events how?

message to the celebrities,stick to what you know...like looking pretty and acting!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a real shock, as everyone quoted there is in show biz and therefore presumed to be an idiot to begin with. Fischer evidently is an idiot-savant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Celebrities ?.........oh, yeah, they're just lying idiots, not too well educated and they spend their useless lives pretending to be something they're not, so they should just shut the fuck up.

== SPECTRE
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Jennifer Aniston? Pity she said that, she used to be hot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]
On a local TV interview with a viewer, "actors are over-rated and under-educated."
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I hate actors/actresses, they're some of the dumbest people around. And most opinionated. Like we want to know what they think? They are below us in reality... They think we're their slaves in their world. Without us, their useless asses would be out on the street without a penny in their pockets.

POS people they are... That's why I don't buy DVDs/VHSs anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Why do people listen to actors about politics?  I don't ask my mechanic for fashion advice, so why the hell should I get political advice from people who are paid to act.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I loved the Jennifer Anniston link. It went to the Rolling Stone site and Michael Moore is on the cover. Enough said...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
these people, they think that we care what they say.  My opinion, they are acters/singers they should stick to their day jobs.  They aren't politicians so they shouldn't try to be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I just want the celebrities to dance their little monkey-jig when I toss my pennies in their direction.  Other than that, I don't have much use for them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone remember Natalie Maines? Well, she's not in the Dixie Chicks anymore - They knew their group still might have a future, but WITHOUT her.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]
They have a right to speak, end they will learn like the Dixie Chicks if people agree with them and buy their product.

I was a Springsteen fan, but his latest comments have prevented me from buy any new albums or seeing his concerts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hate actors/actresses, they're some of the dumbest people around. And most opinionated. Like we want to know what they think? They are below us in reality... They think we're their slaves in their world. Without us, their useless asses would be out on the street without a penny in their pockets.

POS people they are... That's why I don't buy DVDs/VHSs anymore.

99.9% of the sheeple in the real world believe in the actor's/actress' on-screen personna. If you listen to the actro's/actress' comments about their on-screen part, they would always talk in the 3rd person, distancing the actro's/actress' real life with their on-screen life. Advertisers sometime take advantage of this fact by asking actor-type doctors to advertise things such as asprin etc to the sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anyone remember Natalie Maines? Well, she's not in the Dixie Chicks anymore - They knew their group still might have a future, but WITHOUT her.

The official site shows Maines still in the Dixie Chicks.
Where did you get that info ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Celebrities should just shut up!  

I disagree. I think that they live in the greatest country that allows them free speech. They should say what they want.

HOWEVER...

I have the right to respond. And when it starts to hit them in their wallets, Maybe they will learn that what they say, has a price.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Celebrities should just shut up!  

I disagree. I think that they live in the greatest country that allows them free speech. They should say what they want.

HOWEVER...

I have the right to respond. And when it starts to hit them in their wallets, Maybe they will learn that what they say, has a price.

You are correct. Also, most on here would not hesitate to use either position or wealth to promote their agenda. One can either accept, reject or ignore a celebrity when they speak on any subject.
It's still a free country where one can have an opinion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#20]
if a nuclear war should happen, I'm sure Hollywood is high on the hit list, they'll figure it out real quick when the radiation hits
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I find it amazing that these Hollywood types who get paid for their ability to portray a character in a fantasy world, and who are millionaires as well, somehow think they understand the common man.

What are these guys smoking? They are so far off of the mainstream it's comical. They actually have convinced themselves that they are in touch with reality, and speak for the mainstream.

This country provides a place for someone like them to make a fortune and they shit on America. When are these asshats going to leave the U.S. like they promised?

What pure unadulterated bullshit!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Kirsten Dunst was in the movie Ruby Ridge, and she still doesn't get it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder what their own education consists of. I'm guessing a lot of theatre classes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone remeber Wesley Clark talking politics with Madonna during his campaign?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Nothing like celebrities spouting off BS to get my  blood pumping on a nice labor day morning.
Feel free to add to this list.

As citizens, they are as entitled as anyone else to voice a personal opinion..but the general public has to understand that that is the extent of it, and that it has no additional value simply because of the persons celebrity status.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Jennifer Aniston? Pity she said that, she used to be hot.

+1
I wish these people would stop spouting whatever leftist drivel is popular that week every time they see a camera lens in front of them...it would make renting/buying movies so much easier...hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish Bobby Fisher was close to me I would like to come and see him
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Anyone remeber Wesley Clark talking politics with Madonna during his campaign?

CRC

I still think he should have been the next President...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not saying that they don't have a right to say what they want to say. I just have a right to pick and choose who gets my money.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Unfortunately, when artists are boycotted, they invariably cry "CENSORSHIP" and the lib media jumps on it. See the Dixies for that behavior.

I lost a lot of respect for Springsteen after his "tribute" to Amadou Diallo, and the NYC shooting incident. He cried foul when no NYPD would volunteer for a protection detail... after slamming them in his song. Guess "The Boss" is going after the lefty-neo-hippy pooty now, and has kicked the "State Trooper" of his Nebraska album to the curb...

I've got something that could block Kirsten's comments... but if she's so limited in her cognitive abilities, I don't think that I'd hit it... same for Jennifer.

But hey, with role models like Barbra Streisand, Rosie O'Donnell, and Jane Fonds, who'da thunk it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top