Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 12:13:04 AM EDT
CNN report

Siege suspect shown on TV
Report: Top local official resigns over crisis
Monday, September 6, 2004 Posted: 12:35 AM EDT (0435 GMT)

BESLAN, Russia (CNN) -- A man believed to have been a hostage-taker in the deadly school siege in Beslan has been shown on Russian state-run television after being taken into custody.

The network showed footage of the man, whose name was not given, being heavily guarded by commando forces and proclaiming his innocence.

"Of course I pitied the children, I swear to Allah. I have children myself. I didn't shoot. I swear to Allah," he said. "I don't want to die. I swear to Allah, I want to live."

It is unclear when and where the suspect was taken into custody. Earlier on Sunday, Russian officials said they had detained three suspects.

At least 338 hostages, including 156 children, were killed after terrorists seized a school building and held more than 1,000 people hostage in the southern town of Beslan.

Along with them, 26 hostage-takers and 10 Russian special forces died, and 191 people are still unaccounted for.

Mourners held the first funerals on Sunday as a top local official, interior minister of North Ossetia Kazbek Dzantiyev, submitted his resignation, saying he could not remain in office.

"After what happened in Beslan, I don't have the right to occupy this post as an officer and as a man," the Itar-Tass news agency quoted him as saying.

Amid criticism over the handling of the crisis, President Vladimir Putin made a surprising admission of Russian weakness in the face of terrorists.

Putin said the fall of the Soviet Union had left the country unable to react to attacks and promised to reform security forces.

"We must create a much more effective system of security," he said. "We couldn't adequately react. ... We showed weakness, and weak people are beaten." (Full story)

Putin, who visited the wounded in Beslan on Saturday, declared Monday and Tuesday national days of mourning.

More than 700 people were injured, and the death toll is expected to rise as 447 people remain in hospitals, 58 of them in a very serious condition.

About half of those in hospitals are children. Eleven children and six others who were severely wounded or burned have been flown to Moscow hospitals.

Russia has requested medical supplies from overseas. America responded by providing $50,000 in emergency assistance funds, the largest amount that can be sent immediately under U.S. law, an American official said.

A U.S. plane is expected to arrive Monday morning in Vladikavkaz, a major city near Beslan, with specialized medical equipment.

'My son is missing'
With nearly 200 people unaccounted for, distraught parents and relatives were scanning hand-written lists and checking hospitals and morgues in a search for their loved ones.

"My son is missing," Reuters quoted Albert Adykhayev as telling NTV television.

"He is too young to say who he is. I just don't know on what lists and under what name he will appear."

Adykhayev's son is three.

Hospital doctors tried to help by displaying photographs of unidentified patients, children too small or too shocked to give their names.

The standoff that began early Wednesday ended after Russian officials, working under a cease-fire agreement, tried to collect bodies of those killed earlier.

There was an explosion, hostages fled, and hostage-takers opened fire on the children and rescue workers. Russian troops, who had not planned to storm the building, returned fire.

Victims were being buried in funerals beginning Sunday after dozens of men dug graves in a large field next to the town cemetery. Wailing could be heard from across the town.

As a light rain fell, funeral processions snaked through the streets on the way to the cemetery. (Full story)

On Sunday grave diggers at one cemetery were told to prepare for 600 burials but were warned they may need to dig more in the coming days.

The standoff followed a bloody week in Russia. A female suicide bomber killed nine people outside a Moscow subway station Tuesday. Two suspected Chechen female suicide bombers downed two airliners on August 24, killing all 89 people aboard the planes.

Russian officials have said the new wave of attacks is an attempt at revenge for last weekend's elections in Chechnya in which a Kremlin-backed candidate won the presidency.

Arab attackers?
Russian Deputy Prosecutor Sergei Fridinsky said that based on interviews with surviving hostages, 32 terrorists attacked the school.

Fridinsky did not give individual identities but described them as an international group that included Chechens, Kazaks and Arabs.

Earlier reports said 10 of the dead attackers were from Arab countries.

Chechens have been affiliated with the al Qaeda terror network, and an Arab connection suggests a further link between the Chechen rebel movement and international terrorism.

Chechen rebels have been fighting Russian troops for a decade, seeking independence.

Itar-Tass quoted an unidentified intelligence official as saying the school assault was financed by Abu Omar As-Seyf, an Arab who allegedly represents al Qaeda in Chechnya, and directed by Chechen rebel leader Shamil Basayev, The Associated Press reported.

Valery Andreyev, local head of the FSB security service, was quoted by Moscow radio station Ekho Moskvy as saying the militants may have received help from local police, possibly because they were coerced, Reuters reported.

A top Chechen figure and former president of Chechnya, Aslan Maskhadov, said there was "no justification" for the school siege and other recent terrorist attacks perpetrated by Chechens, but he called them "unavoidable" because of Russia's policies.

In recent times, Maskhadov has become sidelined by more radical leaders in the Chechen fight for a breakaway Muslim republic. (Full story)

Hidden weapons
Putin ordered the borders of North Ossetia closed as security forces hunted for accomplices in the restive northern Caucasus region.

Investigators were looking at the possibility the hostage-takers may have brought their weapons and explosives into the school well before the siege.

Interfax quoted an unnamed regional security officer as saying the weapons had been hidden under the floor during summer construction work.

An escaped hostage said she recognized some of the terrorists as having done the construction work, Ekho Moskvy radio reported.

CNN Moscow Bureau Chief Jill Dougherty and Correspondent Ryan Chilcote in Beslan and contributed to this report

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This asshole has absolutely no shame.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
CNN report

"Of course I pitied the children, I swear to Allah. I have children myself. I didn't shoot. I swear to Allah," he said. "I don't want to die. I swear to Allah, I want to live."

And you are about to meet Allah very shortly… but first I expect the Russians will make your remaining time on Earth a world of unimaginable pain…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck his allah.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
It is possible that he did not pull the trigger.

But while the attack was being planned, he did nothing.

While the attack was moving in, he did nothing.

While the attack was taking place, he did nothing.

Whether he pulled the trigger on a 7 year old or not, he participated in the effort of those who did.

He is neck deep in the blood of the innocent.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Let each family member afflicted get one swat with a bamboo cane... anywhere they damn well please.

Actual hostages that survive get 5 swats.

If he is still alive, ROUND TWO

- BG
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I really hope that the rest of his sorry existance is extremely painful and that as a result, he gives up a lot of information on his cronies.  Fortunately for the entire world, the Russians are not constrained by a Bill of Rights.  Prisoners are not "protected" as they are here.

He will tell them what they wish to know.  The question is, just how long it will take and how intact his body will be when they are done.

<<Can't say it here!>>

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I fully bleieve we should let him live.
For all time right beside the Devil!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Dead man walking.
Its only a question of when, who and how.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Boom Boom....out go the lights

Let me do it PLEASE
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#10]
They should send a videotape of that SOB screaming in agony to Al Jazeera and broadcast it on Russian TV. Just a reminder of what happens if you do this kind of shit. Might be something WE should consider.

Oh, I'm sorry---that makes us no better than them. Wouldn't want to veer off the "moral high road"......  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Coward
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Dead man walking.
Its only a question of when, who and how.

Kharn

When?… After the 'trial'

Who?… FSB guard

How?… bullet to the back of the neck, it's the 'Russian way'
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Why don't they release that fucker to the parents of the victims?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I hear it's really painful to burn to death....

And I would not believe a word this piece of garbage said.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#15]
he will say anything to save his sorry ass!

chain him to a tree and let the town folks deal with him!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#16]
They should of showed his picture after the be-heading!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Let the families have him. Pay them for every day they can keep him alive.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Feed him to the hogs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The question is, just how long it will take and how intact his body will be when they are done.

You're assuming something resembling a body will be left.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Oh, this POS will talk, believe me.

And he will give the authorities a veritable treasure trove of names and locations, believe me.

And he will die shortly thereafter, believe me.

Eric The(Believable)Hun

Yup, and the thought of the suffering this animal will do in the process gives me warm fuzzies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Let's look at this realistically.  The RUSSIANS  have him.  Ask any German officer captured at Stalingrad what that was like.

"I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' Russians who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of
pliers and a blow torch."

"Hear me talkin' muslim boy? We ain't through with you by a damn sight. We're gonna git Medieval on your ass."

"This shit's between the Russians and the soon-to-be-livin'-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain, Mr. Terrorist here."

Paraphrasing "Payback".

"We're gonna give him blood transfusions to keep him alive until he talks."

Cenobite.  I think.

"Your suffering will become legend."
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#24]
How about a televised transfusion of pig blood?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#25]
"The Israelis report excellent results from cutting."  The Siege

Cut strips of skin off his body then pour on hot, liquified pig fat, and video it.

Send that preview to Al Jazeera.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#26]
The Russians are good if nothing else at getting info.  I am sure there a lot of old KGB guys around.  Not to mention they have some drugs that will make him talk.  I am sure we do too, but I like the porcine death idea.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I swear to Allah.

I've heard enough. Let justice be done.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#28]
This is what should be done to him.

Graphic warning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This is what should be done to him.

Graphic warning.

forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?s=774bd694e64047e486322bdca6698fe7&attachmentid=71334&stc=1

Vlad the Impaler was very fond of doing exactly this thing with Muslims…

ANdy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top