Do you love the Night Rider?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mad Max
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mad Max

Wasn't  the turbo interceptor in mad max all black?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mad Max

The black one was the last of the V8 interceptors. And it was Supercharged, not turboed.
I believe the pictured one is supposed to be a 6cylinder model, just a standard run of the mill cruiser.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Most XB sedans such as the one pictured above all ready came with 351 Clevelands.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends, if it was a new production Falcon XC, they came with various power plants, including a 305 version.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the Interceptors all had V8's...while he Pursuits were V6's.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mad Max

The black one was the last of the V8 interceptors. And it was Supercharged, not turboed.
I believe the pictured one is supposed to be a 6cylinder model, just a standard run of the mill cruiser.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The one pictured above is a XB.  The one in the movie also had a 351 cleveland in it.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
As bad assed as the all black V8 Interceptor is I kinda prefer the yellow/red/blue MFP cars.  
Being 4dr sedans they'd be much more practical.  And since they're standard Aussie Falcons they'd be easier to reproduce, the black V8 had a custom fiberglass nose piece & spoiler that probably hasn't been made since the mid '70s (thus $$$$$$ if you do find them or have them made).
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#10]

You know what's creepy and funny about that - I've ACTUALLY thought about painting the Mach 1 that way - if I simply cannot afford to restore it properly.

It's like you're psychic!!  GET OUT OF M HEAD!!!!    

I've also see a replica of the black car - the one that Mad Max drove.  But there's something cool about the "interceptor"  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I saw one Exactly like that just this Saturday afternoon.  It's located in St Paul, MN...  They rarely drive it on the street, and when they do, they have to put covers on the police lights...

It certainly has a kickass engine in it already.  Sounds really badass!

Aussie Cleveland heads: closed chambers w/ the smaller ports = great street power.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Aussie Cleveland heads: closed chambers w/ the smaller ports = great street power.

Brian

Yeah they used to be the best of both worlds as far as the 335 series heads went.  Nowadays though I would prefer to run one of the many aftermarket small block Windsor heads available.  Much less of a hassle to run a 351W vs. 351C especially when you factor in how cheap stroker kits for them are.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the black V8 had a custom fiberglass nose piece & spoiler that probably hasn't been made since the mid '70s (thus $$$$$$ if you do find them or have them made).

I don't think it would be that hard to find a fiberglass Monza nose clip.  The car is fairly popular in some of the NHRA classes so I betcha there are lots of fiberglass pieces floating around.

edit: actually you can buy all the stuff here:

mad max linky
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
You trick that mustang out to look as much like a MFP interceptor as possible, ya gotta go whole hog.  Light bar, roof spoiler, siren, ceiling mounted cb radio. The whole enchilada.

The question is though...

Do you live the Night Rider?  Remember him...when you look at the night's sky...

Quoted:

You know what's creepy and funny about that - I've ACTUALLY thought about painting the Mach 1 that way - if I simply cannot afford to restore it properly.

It's like you're psychic!!  GET OUT OF M HEAD!!!!    

I've also see a replica of the black car - the one that Mad Max drove.  But there's something cool about the "interceptor"  

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I...need...an Interceptor.  I want to be "The Bronze."

Maybe...one day...

Do you love the Night Rider?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I always wanted Goose's Kawi KZ 1000. One of my favorite parts of that movie is when He's leaving in the morning after the 1 night stand with the lounge singer chick and does his burn out down he street. I know..I know the rear tire on his bike is about as wide as a pencil but It's still pretty cool. Great movie.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#19]
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/

For your viewing pleasures.

I love the black V8 Interceptors.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#20]
The Goose!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top