Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 5:30:35 PM EDT
The first of my many Labor Day weekend MC rides!

I just took a 300 mile day trip on my MC - the SF30 I slathered on the face didn't work!

It wont stop me though....  Another day trip starting in the morning!

Anybody other MC riders taking advantage of the Labor Day weekend for quality rides???

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet ride !
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I did 200+ today.  The alarm is set for 5:00am and I am gone for the day.

Ride Safe!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you get a face shield that blocks UV for your helmet?

(You were wearing a helmet right?)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep a jar of Noxema cold cream in the butter compartment of my refrigerator at home. It feels great on the face and takes the heat out of sunburn and windburn in a hurry. Slather the stuff on (cold or not) as thick as cake frosting and then let it soak in for 10-15 minutes and dawb off the excess with a damp cold towel. Repeat as necessary. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
300 miles?  Wow!  I drove from here to Concord, NH for the gun show.  That was approx 150 miles.  

I got a touch of sun.  Not as bad as the Poker run last month.  I was peeling on the forehead after that one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't quite tell, but it looks like a Harley to me.

Boys, it ain't smart to wear anything but a full-face. Sure, if you don't ever crash, it makes you look like a dork, but if you do crash, you'd probably prefer a face to a pile of hamburger meat. And a full-face should block UV, leastways if the visor is made of glass (unlikely) or polycarbonate (more likely).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The Sun burns I've gotten while riding a bike are never anything compared to the WIND BURNS.

They feel the same.  Little bits of dust hitting your face at 65 for half a day will seriously trash your skin.

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Boys, it ain't smart to wear anything but a full-face. Sure, if you don't ever crash, it makes you look like a dork, but if you do crash, you'd probably prefer a face to a pile of hamburger meat. And a full-face should block UV, leastways if the visor is made of glass (unlikely) or polycarbonate (more likely).

Why not a suit of armor?  All the same arguements apply.

It's not a Harley.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Honda
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#11]

The Sun burns I've gotten while riding a bike are never anything compared to the WIND BURNS.

They feel the same. Little bits of dust hitting your face at 65 for half a day will seriously trash your skin.

Just a thought.

I think it's a combination of both Sunburn & Windburn....  I'm not complaining to much - it was FUN!
Chose not to ride with my helmet and my bandana didn't come with a face shield .

Thanks for the compliments on the bike, it's a Honda 2004 VTX1300C with a few add ons....

Time for another ride - I'm heading over the mountain...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I put in 200 miles yesterday. I rode to my parents place at Lake Granbury. I wore a full one piece leather suit, full face helmet, gauntlet gloves and racing boots. I was glad I had all of that stuff on after I rode through a swarm of horse flies at 80 mph.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Me and 7 buddies took a ride yesterday of about 150 miles round trip. We had quite a mix of bikes, 4 street/trail, 3 crotch rockets and a Harley. We went to the AMA National motocross at Steel City Raceway outside Pittsburgh. We were in the sun allday at the race and we all show it. The Harley guy has the worst case of "raccoon eyes" from his sun glasses that I have ever seen. Overall it was a great day and ride.
Burl1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top