Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 4:49:03 PM EDT
I saw a firearm advertised in EE I wanted, I will neglect to tell you the model or where the thread is located because I honestly hope none of you beat me to the extremely awesome deal it was at.

This firearm, I have had my eye on for awhile. I've never handled it, but I've really wanted to own one - and this is the best model config and price I've seen. I'm not kidding, I really think I'll never see this deal again.

However... Money... Issue here.

I've also wanted a CMP Danish-issue Garand... Which means if I buy this firearm, that won't be in my hands for awhile. Also, even with the extremely good deal on this mystery firearm, I still don't have the money. Next week, I should have the money, but I don't have it and won't until Friday (working minimum wage and having hour limitations is the suck).

So, what should I do? Save for the Garand? Talk to the owner of the mystery firearm and perhaps have them hold it for me until Friday? What should I do?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to the guy. People here are great. If you are truely gonna get it, I'd bet he'd work with ya.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw a firearm advertised in EE I wanted, I will neglect to tell you the model or where the thread is located because I honestly hope none of you beat me to the extremely awesome deal it was at.

This firearm, I have had my eye on for awhile. I've never handled it, but I've really wanted to own one - and this is the best model config and price I've seen. I'm not kidding, I really think I'll never see this deal again.

However... Money... Issue here.

I've also wanted a CMP Danish-issue Garand... Which means if I buy this firearm, that won't be in my hands for awhile. Also, even with the extremely good deal on this mystery firearm, I still don't have the money. Next week, I should have the money, but I don't have it and won't until Friday (working minimum wage and having hour limitations is the suck).

So, what should I do? Save for the Garand? Talk to the owner of the mystery firearm and perhaps have them hold it for me until Friday? What should I do?

One can not have too many bullpups.  Go for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Mail or PM the guy. I did that with a guy on the EE. Nearly every one I've dealt with here has been great to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I would also talk to the guy...I'm willing to work with ppl. if they are serious...serious the key word.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it and sell it later for the same price if you dont like it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The clues are all in the title to this thread..   "firearm"  "I wanted"   "buy it"   there you go. Damn I'm like Shearluck  Homes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Talk to the guy. People here are great. If you are truely gonna get it, I'd bet he'd work with ya.

Yup.  Ive done the Wimpy " If you'll buy me a cheeseburger today, I will gladly pay you on Tuesday" deal with several people in the EE.

Contact him.  The worst that can happen is he says no.

I am betting most of us have done this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, Glock mags will drop in price after 9/13, right?

Like... 15rders for less than $25?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Get them both!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Get them both!

jblachly: If I could, I would... But I just can't afford it.

This Kel-Tec is a great deal. And, if ger42 is ok with it, a check for $275 will be mailed Friday afternoon to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top