Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 3:36:21 PM EDT
Wow, I can't tell you how excited I was to see that Blood For Blood had a new CD out! I keep waiting for them to either break up or fade away, or for WHite Trash Rob (the guitarist, and basic catalyst behind the band) to commit suicide.

Luckily, neither has happened yet! They are back, and with a vengeance!

And I have to say it is a breath of fresh air. Yes, their lyrics are still on the dark side, and still have along the same lines.

But after Outlaw Anthems (though while great, was starting to sound like a skipping record), there is something different. Maybe as Rob put it on the bonus video/documentary, he stopped writing about himself a bit, and started writing about others. Still dark stories, but new nonetheless.

And musicly? Well, this is the best they have been so far if you ask me! They definately bring some more old school incluence to the table once again, but also other influences as well (for some reason the Brady Bunch comes to mind). Rob has definately taken what he did with Sinners And Saints (more pop, punk, and 70 garage rock than punch you in the gut hardcore) and blended it well.

The bonus video is a real treat. In case you were confused by the name of the CD, or by some of the lyrics, they HAVE NOT quit drinking! As witnessed on the video. While basicly showing alot of footage from the making of the album, there is also alot of good interview footage that really puts a perspective on the band. Which will probably shed a lot of light for those who really aren't familiar with the band from the get to,  and don't really know where they are comming from. It's also pretty amazing how well their albums come out when you realize how little goes into their practicing (basicly laying down tracks on a tape recorder before hitting the studio for a week!)

Here is a link to Amazon so you can hear a few samples:

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00028HOXQ/qid=1094090690/sr=ka-2/ref=pd_ka_2/104-

Also, one so you can get a feel for Sinners and Saints, which while again somewhat different, are WELL worth the listen!

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067UMQ/qid=1094427232/sr=1-

Anyway, well worth picking up if you haven't heard anything new in awhile!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
MY ex band (Not Without Resistance)  got the chance to play with Blood for Blood in the late 90's in Moosic, PA.  It was pretty exciting for me because I had liked their old school style for a while.  Good times.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i saw them in 98 (i think) with madball and earth crisis in san francisco.  awesome show!  i havn't bought anything from B4B since the 1st victory release.  definately some very negative people!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw them in NJ a few years ago and the mosh pit was brutal, lots of blood and bruises, it was one of the best shows ever

As for their new CD, I'll download a few tracks before I buy it.  Their older stuff is great (Wasted youth crew, All fucked up, Evil in the brain just to name a few), but I was really disappointed with Outlaw Anthems, it had somewhat of a hardcore cookie cutter sound to it.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
homer{MMMMMM, Earthcrisis}homer
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Saw them in NJ a few years ago and the mosh pit was brutal, lots of blood and bruises, it was one of the best shows ever

As for their new CD, I'll download a few tracks before I buy it.  Their older stuff is great (Wasted youth crew, All fucked up, Evil in the brain just to name a few), but I was really disappointed with Outlaw Anthems, it had somewhat of a hardcore cookie cutter sound to it.  

Ya, I liked Outlaw Anthems, but more than a few people I know felt the same way you did about it.

I'm telling you though the new album, while still keeping true to their hardcore roots, has a different feel to it. Don't know if the samples on Amazon do it justice (I didn't listen to them), but if you were a fan before I think you'll really like it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
there are no samples at the amazon page
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Woops! For some reason I just assumed they would. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to it yet. The link to the Sinners and Saints album does have some samples on it. And like I said, they are well worth checking out as well, even if not a hardcore fan.

Here is a link to Thorp Records (home of a few other good hardcore/punk bands), with one Blood For Blood MP3.

www.thorprecords.com/mp3s/index.php

It's not the best song on the album IMO, but worth checking out. I didn't do too much searching, but if you can find Mp3's for either "Hangin On The Corner" or "City Boy", I think those two songs do a little better justice to the EP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woops! For some reason I just assumed they would. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to it yet. The link to the Sinners and Saints album does have some samples on it. And like I said, they are well worth checking out as well, even if not a hardcore fan.

Here is a link to Thorp Records (home of a few other good hardcore/punk bands), with one Blood For Blood MP3.

www.thorprecords.com/mp3s/index.php

It's not the best song on the album IMO, but worth checking out. I didn't do too much searching, but if you can find Mp3's for either "Hangin On The Corner" or "City Boy", I think those two songs do a little better justice to the EP.

cool, they've got some video clips too www.thorprecords.com/videos/b4b_teaser.mov

I downloaded some blood for blood mp3s a while ago after seeing you mention them in a thread. I liked it. I'll have to check out some other stuff at that link.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw Earth Crisis play a few years ago after 'breed the killers' came out. Not a bad show, but they

seem to have gone downhill after their 'all out war' and 'firestorm' days.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I just downloaded the clip from the song "Hardcore 101", sounds like their going back to their old style
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I saw Earth Crisis play a few years ago after 'breed the killers' came out. Not a bad show, but they

seem to have gone downhill after their 'all out war' and 'firestorm' days.

i never saw them in their earlier days.  saw them on the "gomorrahs..." tour and the 'breed the..' tour.
love the music, hate most of the lyrics.  oh well.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]
COOL! Oh and apparantly Agnostic Front is a Hardcore band again. New Madball rules too.
Al Qaeda may have religious ferver, but we got US Hardcore!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top