Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:40:11 AM EDT
Some scumbag went in my garage and stole a huge tool chest with thousands of dollars worth of tools in it, and who know what else. Im in the middle of moving and alot of my stuff packed up in the garage who know what else god damnit! I god damn hope they come back tonight for more I think the police are here now got to go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Hope you get it back, man.  You may want to set up a NON-LETHAL ambush outside for the next few nights, if you think you are that tempting of a target.  Catching them in the act could go a long way towards getting your stuff back.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Some scumbag went in my garage and stole a huge tool chest with thousands of dollars worth of tools in it, and who know what else. Im in the middle of moving and alot of my stuff packed up in the garage who know what else god damnit! I god damn hope they come back tonight for more I think the police are here now got to go.

get over it, same thing happened to me. A) the cops don't care. B) you will not see your stuff again and C) the guy will not come back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry to hear that - might want to check with the neighbors to see if they noticed any strange trucks in the neighborhood.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
that sux!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Well that went quick the cop just said make a list of everything and the approximate value and bring it to the station god damnit! Im amazed they left my car alone . The cop said houses around here are getting robbed every day , he said they had 7 in one day, their kicking people doors in, then he said its all the "canadians" moving in around here. Im gonna be waiting tonight with a 45 and a riot sized can of pepper spray and just hope the asshats return for more! god damnit anyway. whats realy pissing me off is I thought I heard something last night and I didnt go look I let myself down bigtime . If I had just looked my stuff would still be there fuck
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
God damn!  Everyone is getting their shit taken from them.  Makes me want to put all my stuff in a storage building, load up my USP and gaurd it night and day.

That sux though man.  What did they get away with, like wrenches, screw drivers, etc?  Or was it big stuff like power tools?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I had my first Snap-on box stolen years ago, My Home-owners insurance never paid for any of it.

Good luck and I hope you have all your reciepts and or pictures
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
God damn!  Everyone is getting their shit taken from them.  Makes me want to put all my stuff in a storage building, load up my USP and gaurd it night and day.

That sux though man.  What did they get away with, like wrenches, screw drivers, etc?  Or was it big stuff like power tools?

There was so much stuff in there I cant even think of it all my heads spinning . They left a new Radial Arm Saw that was sitting on 2x4's right next to the chest ,and a bunch of other bigger pieces Im guessing because they didnt have room after loading up the tool chest , it was one of the realy big ones on wheels. Im guessing their gonna try to get more but who know when ,this sucks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#9]
That blows,    Lotsa tools here too, was a dealer tech years ago, can't even imagine.....   hip,
It's not much, but those guys know what that shit's worth, and would probably feel bad for you and make the call, if it happens....

Hope they're stupid enough to come back again   JB
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember all those annoying homeowner's insurence bills you had to pay...get every cent and replace everything you can think of.  

You might want to get a lawyer on hand too in case something else happens you can deal with it right away.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#11]
a lot of stolen stuff probably gets sold at flea markets & auctions, yard sales, ebay, pawn shops, etc.
since there are no seriel numbers it is hard to prove it was stolen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Your power tools, etc. have serial numbers on them.......you just have to remember to write them down.  Having worked for law enforcement for the last 6 years in the stolen/wanted section, some of it does get recovered if you keep your serial numbers...but not much.  Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to hear about your stuff man. Hopefully, you will get some of it back.

Oh....and good luck with that touretts syndrome.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry ot hear about it but you were burglarized not robbed.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Well were gonna go look at the closest flee market on saturday, I don't know if theres a pawn shop around here or not. We just relised the assholes took our karaoke machine, the retards leave expensive shit and take a fucking karaoke machine , I guess I should feel happy about that they took that instead of something else I needed more, but Im sure I'll find even more stuff missing as I look for it god damnit anyway. My head is killing me right now I have to lay down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My head hurts and Im tired but I'll ask anyway. What touretts syndrome?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's when you uncontrolably shout profanities.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Just remember that if they do come back and you end up shooting them, hypothetically, they should at least have some sort of weapon on them (one way or another).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's when you uncontrolably shout profanities.

Heh oh Im just a little ticked off at the moment , cant control the sentence enhancing words
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By HunterGren

Was the garage locked?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Geeze man I am really sorry to hear that. Having been stolen from before, the anger goes further than just losing valuable items. It really pisses me off that someone would violate your right to your things and your property. It is personal when someone comes into your home and takes what you worked for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

get over it, same thing happened to me. A) the cops don't care. B) you will not see your stuff again and C) the guy will not come back.

Know to be true from experience.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That sure was a gutsy burgler and stupid

the chances of him getting caught/shot were high.

WTF are these thieves thinking? The next house he hits- could get his ticket punched
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By HunterGren

Was the garage locked?

Im sad to say it wasnt , Ive never had the need to but the neighborhoods changing guess I'll have to start realy bolting everything down . I see that the police are a few houses down from mine right now, I wonder if they got hit as well. Im gonna go to home depot and get some motion sensitive lights for the backyard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Don't pick on the poor guy! He has just had his space violated by some dipshit that has no apparent selfworth. Any hard working fellow wort his salt would feel the same as him. BTW. Sorry about your loss.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Hunter, where in OH are you?

Hopefully, I'm not in your neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hunter, where in OH are you?

Hopefully, I'm not in your neighborhood.

Garfield Hts
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#29]
OH, your house wasbroken into...I thought you were actually robbed.  Anywho, one thing you can do in the future to help aid in the recovery of your stuff (and yes the police do look for your stuff) is to engrave your driver's license number (don't use your social) somewhere out of the way on the items. This is one of the first things I tell people whenever I go to a break-in or am asked about deterence methods.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't pick on the poor guy! He has just had his space violated by some dipshit that has no apparent selfworth. Any hard working fellow wort his salt would feel the same as him. BTW. Sorry about your loss.

HunterGren, My comment about the touretts syndrome was made purely in jest. I should have put a smiley face at the end of it or something. As I said, I hate to hear that you got ripped off. I would be saying alot worse than that had I been the one violated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I can not abide thieves -- I feel for you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Might find the stuff at a local pawn shop

That is where I found mine. They stole 2, 3/4" drive socket sets from me and 9 months later I found them in a pawn shop. Pissed me off that they only pawned them for $30. At least I got them back.

Good luck with your stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Might find the stuff at a local pawn shop

That is where I found mine. They stole 2, 3/4" drive socket sets from me and 9 months later I found them in a pawn shop. Pissed me off that they only pawned them for $30. At least I got them back.

Good luck with your stuff.

Yeah, but did you pay for them or did you just get to take them back because they were stolen property?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a 6 zone laser activated perimeter alarm.  They can be a pain in the but...deer, dogs, kids riding bikes on the sidewalk set them off, but thay have come in handy more than once.  
Ditto on the prolly not gonna see your shit again.  They may pawn it, but you gotta hit the pawn shops after 90 days if they did a loan instead of outright sale, which they typically do cuz they can get cash but your stuff won't be on the shelf for 3 months.  They are banking you are over it by them.  It also pays to look on Ebay.  Ebay is the worlds largest clearinghouse for stolen goods.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to hear that, HunterGren.

I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:Well that went quick the cop just said make a list of everything and the approximate value and bring it to the station god damnit! Im amazed they left my car alone . The cop said houses around here are getting robbed every day , he said they had 7 in one day, their kicking people doors in, then he said its all the "canadians" moving in around here. Im gonna be waiting tonight with a 45 and a riot sized can of pepper spray and just hope the asshats return for more! god damnit anyway. whats realy pissing me off is I thought I heard something last night and I didnt go look I let myself down bigtime . If I had just looked my stuff would still be there fuck

Quoted:Well were gonna go look at the closest flee market on saturday, I don't know if theres a pawn shop around here or not. We just relised the assholes took our karaoke machine, the retards leave expensive shit and take a fucking karaoke machine , I guess I should feel happy about that they took that instead of something else I needed more, but Im sure I'll find even more stuff missing as I look for it god damnit anyway. My head is killing me right now I have to lay down.

Well.... Maybe if you stopped the blasphemy, Powers that be would look out for your stuff!!

But, in a more positive light, I was working a construction site one day in LA and this one drugged out fuck came up to the construction crew and asked if we wanted to buy some tools. We knew he stole them. The guys on the site beat the crap out of him and THEN called the cops. That was some funny shit.

I like the idea of the Drivers License numbers on the tools. GREAT IDEA!!!

I too have been burglarized a couple of times... You feel violated, I know. Although in a positve light one of the times they caught the fuckers and retreived my belongings.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top