Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 5:22:08 AM EDT
Any knowledgeable folks that can perhaps recommend a reputable boxer breeder  within a few hours drive of SE PA to check out?   Not ready to get one quite yet, but want to start looking into it.   I'm only looking for a pet, not show, but still want to get from a responsible, reputable breeder to minimize chances of problems associated with the breed.  

We had a boxer when I was growning up as a kid, and while I think she was a great dog, lived to nearly 15, and seemed about as intellegent as a dog gets, she also had pretty much every problem known to the breed, and then some, with the exception of hip dysplasia.     Of course, the ligament she tore in the rear leg ~8yrs sort of made up for that...   She recovered from everything non-chronic (and held up as well as expected for those) but that was only because my family was willing to pay the thousands of dollars for expensive surgeries and other vet bills, which I'm sure plenty of other folks would have thought insane.

So... I guess don't mind paying a bit more up front for a dog from a known good breeder to lessen my chances of paying big bucks for vet bills down the road.

TIA,
Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top