Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 8:08:07 PM EDT
It gets the same treatment as my AR, light coat of CLP and then wiped down. Had it out on a very humid day and it showed rusting while the AR did not.  Scrubbed off the rust with a rag and CLP, checked a few days later and more rust on the slide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit! It must be a KY thing!

My compact stainless rust under the grips and a few specks here and there on the frame. I wipe it down with CLP and it will take most of it off.

Greg
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it must indeed be a KY thing. LOL. I've got a Kimber Classic Custom that will start to rust just by looking at it. And damn does it come on fast. I thought the slide on Sig's were bad for this, but nothing I've ever owned rusts as fast as a Kimber.

Luckily I've always caught it fast when it was just specks and no damage to the gun or finish resulted. But for a gun that costs that much $$$ you'd think they'd put a decent finish on it.

Either way, I no longer carry it anyway. I bought a Glock 17 a couple of years ago and the rest is history. You could take a Glock to hell and back and it wouldn't rust. It might melt a bit, but it won't rust!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Have 2 kimbers, an ultra carry and a pro tactial ll, barell on ulta carry started to get some surface rust on it shortly after I bought it. Not on the polished part but the cut out part close to the end of the barell. Gun was only a couple of months old when I noticed it. I cleaned it off and it came back once more pretty quick, cleaned it again and added a little extra oil, also put a silica-gel pack in the safe. No more rust. Never a problem with the pro tactical.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No Rust on the three i've owned.  I still own the Custom Stainless.-great shooter

I wish Marlin would put a better finish on their rifles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top