Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 3:33:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah it should, I know Nextel has a service you can sign up for that will track any phone on your account. I'm too cheap to actually pay for it, so I don't know what kind of resolution it has. Besides I usually know where I am.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like a restraining order...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that is brilliant!!!!! This guy should be commended not imprisoned
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to admit I thought that too. Okay he's probably a sicko, but damn, he only got busted because the batteries had too short a life.

Just think if he'd just wired the charger into the cars electrical system.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to admit I thought that too. Okay he's probably a sicko, but damn, he only got busted because the batteries had too short a life.

He got all of the other stuff to work, but he could not run 2 wires for a charger so he woul not have to change the battery?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just think if he'd just wired the charger into the cars electrical system.

Mike

I was just thinking the same thing, but he'd have to get in the car.  Probably for atleast 45 mins to do it stealthily.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Drop a lead off the tail lights; it would charge when the lights were on. Wouldn't have to get in the car or under the hood.

If you had your rig ready to go that would take a couple minutes.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Drop a lead off the tail lights; it would charge when the lights were on. Wouldn't have to get in the car or under the hood.

Do that in 10 or so. One wire to power, and one to the frame and you are good to go.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I hope you are joking. Stalkers are not a joke.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do that in 10 or so. One wire to power, and one to the frame and you are good to go.

Mike

Except that most tailight wires are internal to the vehicle compartments.  This would mean getting inside the vehicle, which would make putting it in the engine compartment a more viable alternative, but that also entails more risk of discovery.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Except that most tailight wires are internal to the vehicle compartments.  This would mean getting inside the vehicle, which would make putting it in the engine compartment a more viable alternative, but that also entails more risk of discovery.

Go for the fuel pump wire, runs right out of the top of the tank.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yup +1
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#16]
You could tap into the fuel pump power wire or a lot of cars have wires for accessories and trailers.  Drawtite actually makes an adaptor which allows you to tap into the power supply that  goes to the trailer.  Plug and go.  If she had trailer wiring already, it would be a matter of seconds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
You do realize that we have just pretty much written a "Stalkers Tech Guide"

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]
You might all check your cars for bugs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
hmm we need some ar15 faq with info like this in em...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#20]
The popo has been doing this for some time now.
They even hijack peoples on-star systems to track them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah it should, I know Nextel has a service you can sign up for that will track any phone on your account. I'm too cheap to actually pay for it, so I don't know what kind of resolution it has. Besides I usually know where I am.

Mike

Bremen ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Bremen ?

I was yesterday But usually in South Bend. You?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Bremen ?

I was yesterday But usually in South Bend. You?

Tipton, 30 mi. north of Indy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldnt really call it stalking, I would call it a lie detector test.
Ever had a woman lie to you and tell you she was someplace else?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

A restraining order is just a trial of your love

This case reminds me of some device that came with a CD at Autozone.  It advertised something about being able to record MPH and distances driven, locations its been, etc, etc and all the informations accesible online.  Of course it was being advertised for buisness owners to monitor employees with company cars and parents to watch their teenage kids in the family car, but it could be used for other things.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It most certainly IS stalking. The relationship was over and he couldn't let go, couldn't handle being rejected.

As for a gf, wife or SO telling you one thing and being  in another place, thats a trust issue. No gizmo is going to build trust, and if you are caught using it, you can be pretty sure that any hope of trust being built or maintained just went out the window. A SO who has to resort to telling you lies is essentially signalling that the relationship is over because it has major issues that cause them to resort to lies. The parties just haven't gotten around to pulling the pin.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#27]
hey that gives me an idea... tell some lovesick guy who just got dumped that the object of his affection is banging bin Ladin. Bet he tracks the fucker down in a week.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#28]
what a fucking loser this guy is/was...

she's gone... MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE ALREADY!

damn, it's one thing to feel sorry for yourself, but following her around and all that other crap?

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This is how I keep track of Ed Sr.  

....your so thoughtfull, watching out for the old folks, so no one breaks a hip or gets ona ATV again
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It most certainly IS stalking. The relationship was over and he couldn't let go, couldn't handle being rejected.

As for a gf, wife or SO telling you one thing and being  in another place, thats a trust issue. No gizmo is going to build trust, and if you are caught using it, you can be pretty sure that any hope of trust being built or maintained just went out the window. A SO who has to resort to telling you lies is essentially signalling that the relationship is over because it has major issues that cause them to resort to lies. The parties just haven't gotten around to pulling the pin.

You know I didn't even  see that these two were split up, I just re-read it.

That stupid bastard should have his balls cut off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top