Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 2:08:07 PM EDT
english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

Anyone else notice that their front page slams the US on Iraq and only gives a sound bite to the Russian Massacre by their people?

Their hate is so ingrained in their culture that the only thing that will take it out is a major "reeducation" campaign.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The US press is really no better.

It is my belief that what happen in Russia is worse than what happen to US on 9/11 due to the fact children were targeted and the target had absolutely no economic value.

The US press in under covering this story because the KNOW this atrocity validates the President view of the war on terror… and this would help the President in the election.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It is my belief that what happen in Russia is worse than what happen to US on 9/11 due to the fact children were targeted and the target had absolutely no economic value.

The US press in under covering this story because the KNOW this atrocity validates the President view of the war on terror… and this would help the President in the election.

You hit the nail smack on the head!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Testify

Take a look at how this front-page New York Times article describes the perpetrators of the siege in Beslan. Notice anything? The killers are called "guerrillas" and "fighters" and "armed captors" but not "terrorists." At one point the article grudgingly refers to these savage murderers as "people that Mr. Putin calls terrorists." In more than 1,750 words, the article includes not one reference to the religion of the Muslim perpetrators. Not one.

michellemalkin.com/archives/000484.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Click on theGlobal/More tab for more information.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a Muslim for a Walk Week is September 5-12 here on Arfcom.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Page 10 of todays local paper. I was starting a subscription Tuesday but called and canceld.I told them why.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Our news media really does suck.  I think they are really overdoing the hurricane coverage on MSNBC and Fox News to avoid talking about this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually, I've several news stories (on Danish newspages) about the fact that Al-Jezeera (or however it's spelled) showed tons of continuous footage of the hostage thing in Russia, including the rescue/tragic ending.

In most arab and muslim countries it was apparently all over the front pages of newspapers yesterday, with most showing pictures of wounded and dead russian children and condemming the terrorists.  Along with leading newspapers, arab leaders condemmed the attacks.

There's a little about it on MSNBC here www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5912071/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top