Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 12:32:42 PM EDT
There's a FO big hurricane coming and channel 8 has NASCAR, ch 10 has tennis, ch 13 has a movie, and ch 28 has football.
Only channel nine Orlando has hurricane coverage.
Outer band squall line going overhead now. Pretty windy at times but its not scary at yet. Me and the cat are gonna hang here for a bit and then move to the hangar.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as it doesn't interfere with their NASCAR and wrasselin, many Joe Sixpack types will not care.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your area gonna get hit hard?  Be safe either way.

I do have to laugh at the news reporters though.  They get in the worst possible place to broadcast, lol.  They can barely stand up, they're hard to hear... pretty funny.  FNC has been 95% hurricane coverage.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There's a FO big hurricane coming and channel 8 has NASCAR, ch 10 has tennis, ch 13 has a movie, and ch 28 has football.
Outer band squall line going overhead now. Pretty windy at times but its not scary at yet. Me and the cat are gonna hang here for a bit and then move to the hangar.

Dude
the hanger is usually a  sheet metal building -- can you find something more sturdy ? Like a cellar ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Be safe and take care. I was in hurricane Hugo in Charlston. Do not want to go through that again! Be careful buddy!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Nasty squall line coming up on the radar. It should get pretty sporty here in a minute. I think I'll bug out after this passes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude
the hanger is usually a  sheet metal building -- can you find something more sturdy ? Like a cellar ?

Its rated to 120 mph winds. There's always the bunker, an old WWll structure used to aim the machine guns on the planes. Its 2ft reinforced concrete on three sides with some rooms we built in it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nasty squall line coming up on the radar. It should get pretty sporty here in a minute. I think I'll bug out after this passes.

Come on man!...

where is your adventure?...

Put on your rig and ride it out!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Strap yourself to a tree and go for a ride.

Best of luck, don't get hurt.

Oh, and make sure your guns are protected!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How many of those are local stations? With so many cable stations being national in origin and distribution, the emphasis for most of the country will not be on your local weather situation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude

Hopefully AWAY from the storm surge!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
A couple of well placed shots from an AR should bring it down. Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
it just aint a hurricane without NASCAR and beer!!!!

trust me
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude

Its rated to 120 mph winds. There's always the bunker, an old WWll structure used to aim the machine guns on the planes. Its 2ft reinforced concrete on three sides with some rooms we built in it.

That wii do  it ---------- good luck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Move to WI, every time there is anything more than a gentle rain, the ninnies at the local stations are putting up storm warning icons over everything, setting off annoying beeping sounds every few seconds. When it gets worse, they have weather reports in place of a commercial, and if it gets bad they pre-empt everything so the weather guy can blather on.

Every once in a while, someone complains to the stations. The usual response is "it's important for us to issue warnings so people will take cover....................." IF I'M WATCHING TV I'M INDOORS, ALSO KNOWN AS COVER, FOR EVERYTHING SHORT OF A TORNADO................
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Category One -- Winds 74-95 miles per hour
Category Two -- Winds 96-110 miles per hour
Category Three -- Winds 111-130 miles per hour
Category Four -- Winds 131-155 miles per hour
Category Five -- Winds greater than 155 miles per hour
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to the top of a mast on a shrimp boat and yell,   "Is this all you got.."
until the hurricane is over.

And then catch all the damn shrimp to your hearts content. Thats what I'd do

GM

Seriously good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top