Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 10:30:07 AM EDT
I use to have a few extra but I think they may have gotton tossed for some reason.

Anyways does anyone know if the marines use the same color/writing as the army for their uniforms?
There are a few marine bases near by so I am thinking I can buy one from them rather than ordering online with will take too long.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a local sewing shop outside one of the bases. Chances are it will be run by Koreans. They will fix you up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try a local sewing shop outside one of the bases. Chances are it will be run by Koreans. They will fix you up.

Yeah they are pretty good at that.

Its weird all the big bases order that stuff you would think they would just make it on site.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Marine nametapes are all MARPAT now - the aforementioned Korean ladies probably still have OD and Tan material, though.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#4]
id figure they are the same color, i remember my brother's being black on green.
the usaf tapes are blue on green so obviously it isn't that

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
You can try...but I doubt you will find it in Oceanside....you might call/go down to San Diego too....

I always use these guys: www.1800nametape.com and they have very quick delivery, even without the expensive shipping options!!

It looks like you can get: For $15, UPS next day; or for $8, UPS 2nd day

clipped from their website:

Q.  What's the fastest way I can have my order shipped?

A.  The fastest would be UPS NEXT DAY AIR.  In most cases, you will receive the order the next business day.  We have another less costly method, such as UPS 2ND DAY AIR, that is estimated 2 business days.  UPS may cost more than 1st class mail, but you will more than likely get them on schedule.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can try...but I doubt you will find it in Oceanside....you might call/go down to San Diego too....

I always use these guys: www.1800nametape.com and they have very quick delivery, even without the expensive shipping options!!

It looks like you can get: For $15, UPS next day; or for $8, UPS 2nd day

clipped from their website:

Q.  What's the fastest way I can have my order shipped?

A.  The fastest would be UPS NEXT DAY AIR.  In most cases, you will receive the order the next business day.  We have another less costly method, such as UPS 2ND DAY AIR, that is estimated 2 business days.  UPS may cost more than 1st class mail, but you will more than likely get them on schedule.

Ahhh, Spur Cleaners.  They do indeed provide quick turnaround - a once little shop outside of Fort Leonard Wood now with international reach!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
US Cavalry has them if you don't mind ordering..and probably paying too much.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If I remember correctly, you're an ROTC cadet.  Just get your supply sergeant to order you some.  They have RPA money to use for that sort of thing and right now, they have a buttload of it to spend.  It's not OMA, so they have to spend it on uniforms and transportation for cadets.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
]

Ahhh, Spur Cleaners.  They do indeed provide quick turnaround - a once little shop outside of Fort Leonard Wood now with international reach!

And yet, oddly enough when you go to that little shop where it all started they don't have jack!

Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
]

And yet, oddly enough when you go to that little shop where it all started they don't have jack!

Go figure.

They have a much bigger place in town, IIRC.  I am not sure which one it was (I think the choices were St. Roberts or Waynesville) - I think you take a right in I44, though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
]

Go figure.

They have a much bigger place in town, IIRC.  I am not sure which one it was (I think the choices were St. Roberts or Waynesville) - I think you take a right in I44, though.

I'll have to check it out. 8 of us were on a mad dash for OD branch insignia one day and there was not a single pin on within 50 miles, we eventually came up with 10 sew ons after scouring every shop we could find.

I remembered getting some hard to find stuff from them before and figured I had it made going there, but no joy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
]

Go figure.

I'll have to check it out. 8 of us were on a mad dash for OD branch insignia one day and there was not a single pin on within 50 miles, we eventually came up with 10 sew ons after scouring every shop we could find.

I remembered getting some hard to find stuff from them before and figured I had it made going there, but no joy.

So is the change official?  No more squashed bug?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
]

Go figure.

So is the change official?  No more squashed bug?

Yup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top