Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 9:12:48 AM EDT
"Our terrorist sons are an end product of our corrupted culture," Abdulrahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al-Arabiya television, wrote in his daily column published in the pan-Arab Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper. It ran under the headline, "The Painful Truth: All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

"Most perpetrators of suicide operations in buses, schools and residential buildings around the world for the past 10 years have been Muslims," he wrote. Muslims will be unable to cleanse their image unless "we admit the scandalous facts," rather than offer condemnations or justifications.

"The picture is humiliating, painful and harsh for all of us."

Arab TV stations repeatedly aired footage of terrified young survivors being carried from the school siege scene, while pictures of dead and wounded children ran on front pages of Saturday's Arab newspapers.

Ahmed Bahgat, an Egyptian Islamist and columnist for Egypt's leading pro-government newspaper, Al-Ahram, wrote that the images "showed Muslims as monsters who are fed by the blood of children and the pain of their families."

"If all the enemies of Islam united together and decided to harm it ... they wouldn't have ruined and harmed its image as much as the sons of Islam have done by their stupidity, miscalculations, and misunderstanding of the nature of this age," Bahgat wrote.

Other Islamists were more cautious in their criticism.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I expect some Ayatollah will now issue a Fatwa on this guys life… he may be a dead man walking for saying the unpaltable truth to his home audience. He is a brave man and deserves respect for saying the unsayable.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course, I found THIS on the same day:

London convention
celebrates 9-11
'Either you're with the Muslims or with the infidels'

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
An extremist Islamic movement in Britain plans a convention in London titled, "The Choice is in Your Hands: Either You're with the Muslims or with the Infidels," to mark the third anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

As WorldNetDaily reported, last year the group, Al-Muhajiroun, had planned a similar anniversary event called "The Magnificent 19 [Suicide Attackers]," but canceled it at the last minute.
The group's leader Omar Bakri, a Syrian residing in London, told Al-Sharq Al-Awsat the convention would feature al-Qaida "surprises," with the screening of a never-before-shown video, reports the Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

He said the convention will focus on "the anniversary of the division of the world into two great camps -- the camp of faith and the camp of unbelief," and would take place Sept. 11 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bakri added: "On this day, we will talk about the ramifications of these [9-11] operations for Afghanistan and Iraq ... . We want the world to remember this operation ... that lifted the head of the [Muslim] nation."

Bakri called 9-11 "a cry of Jihad against unbelief and oppression" and said the aim of remembering it is to "revive the commandment of Jihad among the youth of the [Muslim] nation."

Bakri said the convention also will feature a lecture about the Islamic religious roots of "slaughtering the infidels," referring in part to the beheading of foreigners in Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

It will include films by al-Qaida, the Tawhid and Jihad organization and the Brigades of the Two Holy Places in the Arabian Peninsula.

Also, the conference will feature a film on the most recent operations in Chechnya, he said. He added that one of the speeches, by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's military commander in Iraq, will be translated.

Another lecture, he said, will be dedicated to the memory of three al-Qaida commanders: Abd Al-'Aziz Al-Muqren, killed in June 2004 by Saudi security forces; his predecessor Yousef Al-Ayyiri, killed in June 2003 in a clash with Saudi security forces; and Abu Hafs Al-Masri, a top al-Qaida military officer, killed in the U.S. attack on Kandahar in late 2001.

According to Bakri, the anticipated criticism of Al-Muhajiroun for the organization's insistence on memorializing 9-11 will be "a simple sacrifice in comparison with what we must actually do -- that is, support the Jihad led by bin Laden."

Attorney Anjam Choudry, secretary-general of Al-Muhajiroun in Britain, said, "A large hall has already been secured for the convention, but the announcement came only two days ago for fear that the British police would try to cancel it, as happened with the previous convention."

I do not have to wait to make my choice.  I have chosen to stand with the Christian World, the free democratic world against the Islamofacist terrorists.    I will stand with the Prince of Peace by my side.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, if the problem of Islamic terrorism IS going to be "Fixed" without  things getting MEDIEVIL this is one way for it to start.

As someone else said, I hope that guy lives long enough to see that idea sprout.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
You see, even some MUSLIMS recognize that their faith is in dire straights.  

That it needs an overhaul.  

I feel (slightly) vindicated.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
well, that admits it, what about doing something about it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
About fucking time.....

Too bad he's dead meat now. The ayatollahs will not tolerate this attack on their power.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I am pleased to see this guy speak out and admit the truth. This has long been one of my issues against Islam....the fact that nobody of that faith takes responsibility. Most seek to blame the US or Israel, while the blame rests solely with them. If we can get enough of them to see the light (like this guy), our presence in the Middle East fighting these folks will not even be necessary, because they will stand up to the extremists and kill the seeds of hate before they can grow.

But for now, this is one man. When I see the 'silent majority' stand up like this fella and condemn terror in the strongest terms (and then do something about it), I will remain skeptical. But this is a good start. Every beginning has to start somewhere. Like others have pointed out, I just hope this guy gets to live long enough to spread his message before the wackos pick him off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Ditto the two posts since my first one.

Here's to hopin'.....

That said, I hope we continue to kill the bad guys wherever we find them, with as much ferrocity as we can muster.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am pleased to see this guy speak out and admit the truth. This has long been one of my issues against Islam....the fact that nobody of that faith takes responsibility. Most seek to blame the US or Israel, while the blame rests solely with them. If we can get enough of them to see the light (like this guy), our presence in the Middle East fighting these folks will not even be necessary, because they will stand up to the extremists and kill the seeds of hate before they can grow.

But for now, this is one man. When I see the 'silent majority' stand up like this fella and condemn terror in the strongest terms (and then do something about it), I will remain skeptical. But this is a good start. Every beginning has to start somewhere. Like others have pointed out, I just hope this guy gets to live long enough to spread his message before the wackos pick him off.

Ditto. He is but a seed. If his idea flourishes, even slightly, I will be more optimistic. If his car blows up tomorrow morning, I guess I will continue to ride the razor's edge of being banned from ARFcom for the ideas that remain unspoken, but shared by many.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Islam needs a reformation regarding jihad and terrorism, or else Western governments will have to do something about Islam.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope many good things come from this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember, this is just the opinion of a journalist at a state-controlled television station.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]

London convention
celebrates 9-11
'Either you're with the Muslims or with the infidels'

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
An extremist Islamic movement in Britain plans a convention in London titled, "The Choice is in Your Hands: Either You're with the Muslims or with the Infidels," to mark the third anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

As WorldNetDaily reported, last year the group, Al-Muhajiroun, had planned a similar anniversary event called "The Magnificent 19 [Suicide Attackers]," but canceled it at the last minute.
The group's leader Omar Bakri, a Syrian residing in London, told Al-Sharq Al-Awsat the convention would feature al-Qaida "surprises," with the screening of a never-before-shown video, reports the Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

He said the convention will focus on "the anniversary of the division of the world into two great camps -- the camp of faith and the camp of unbelief," and would take place Sept. 11 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bakri added: "On this day, we will talk about the ramifications of these [9-11] operations for Afghanistan and Iraq ... . We want the world to remember this operation ... that lifted the head of the [Muslim] nation."

Bakri called 9-11 "a cry of Jihad against unbelief and oppression" and said the aim of remembering it is to "revive the commandment of Jihad among the youth of the [Muslim] nation."

Bakri said the convention also will feature a lecture about the Islamic religious roots of "slaughtering the infidels," referring in part to the beheading of foreigners in Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

It will include films by al-Qaida, the Tawhid and Jihad organization and the Brigades of the Two Holy Places in the Arabian Peninsula.

Also, the conference will feature a film on the most recent operations in Chechnya, he said. He added that one of the speeches, by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's military commander in Iraq, will be translated.

Another lecture, he said, will be dedicated to the memory of three al-Qaida commanders: Abd Al-'Aziz Al-Muqren, killed in June 2004 by Saudi security forces; his predecessor Yousef Al-Ayyiri, killed in June 2003 in a clash with Saudi security forces; and Abu Hafs Al-Masri, a top al-Qaida military officer, killed in the U.S. attack on Kandahar in late 2001.

According to Bakri, the anticipated criticism of Al-Muhajiroun for the organization's insistence on memorializing 9-11 will be "a simple sacrifice in comparison with what we must actually do -- that is, support the Jihad led by bin Laden."

Attorney Anjam Choudry, secretary-general of Al-Muhajiroun in Britain, said, "A large hall has already been secured for the convention, but the announcement came only two days ago for fear that the British police would try to cancel it, as happened with the previous convention."

Pawns...

I wonder if they'll ever figure out that they're working for the secular leadership of the Arab world, serving the will of the very dicators they vow to overthrow...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I expect some Ayatollah will now issue a Fatwa on this guys life… he may be a dead man walking for saying the unpaltable truth to his home audience. He is a brave man and deserves respect for saying the unsayable.

Andy

You beat me to it.  Truth is silenced in the middle east.  Speaking it is a death sentence.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I had some spicy things to add.  But I don't wanna lock the thread
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I change my post.

"If all the enemies of Islam united together and decided to harm it ... they wouldn't have ruined and harmed its image as much as the sons of Islam have done by their stupidity, miscalculations, and misunderstanding of the nature of this age," Bahgat wrote.

Doesnt sound too penitant to me and he admits no culpability. I call it BS and damage control not an admission.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He's gonna get his account locked.

Who?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

It was joke about the author of the article. I changed my post after I read it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

It was joke about the author of the article. I changed my post after I read it.

Ohh just making sure no new doctrine came down from the top that I missed lst night...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I change my post.

Doesnt sound too penitant to me and he admits no culpability. I call it BS and damage control not an admission.

The way I understood that quote was - If everybody in the world beat the hell out of the muslims - they'd still look better than they do right now - because of what the terrorists have done.

Did I get that wrong?

This is what I'm talking about. Miscalculations? Misunderstanding? Stupidity? WTF does that mean?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is twice in one day that editorials have been distributed in mass media denouncing the Satanic acts of the terrorists.  Good - but it ought to be 20 - not 2.  But it is better than nothing.

I've spent half my day posting messages at Muslim web sites telling them they'd better get off thier collective asses and start ripping the terrorists apart.  

We all know there are millions of good Muslims out there but if they're going to sit quietly - they'll end up being the sheep of the terrorist herder.  And with that their enemies will multiply in droves.

They fukkin know they had better start speaking up.  Do you think this place was the only group that was so furiously outraged yesterday?  Of course you know it wasn't.  And dammit they know it too.

With all due respect , I have not found that statement to be true. The majority of muslims I have encountered or known here in NYC ( which has many muslims of all nationalities ) are at the very least ideologically sympathetic to the cause of terrorists and only offer disengenious critisim of there techniques. While many are openly hostile to America and fully support them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This is what I'm talking about. Miscalculations? Misunderstanding? Stupidity? WTF does that mean?

In my opinion, it means the dumb asses crossed a line and chose the wrong target, NOT that targeting innocent civilians is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You see, even some MUSLIMS recognize that their faith is in dire straights.  

That it needs an overhaul.  

I feel (slightly) vindicated.  

You won't feel vindicated for long.  They will kill them for saying what they did.

Besides, does it only take 2 voices to make you feel vindicated?  These 2 are definitely in the minority.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my opinion, it means the dumb asses crossed a line and chose the wrong target, NOT that targeting innocent civilians is wrong.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top