Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:40:52 AM EDT
Found it in the backyard. What the hell is it?

It's about 1/4" long.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
cheesehead lice  
hmmm, donno.  looks interesting though
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a South American Camel Toe:

Very Dangerous - Don't even touch it. Its Toxin causes:

Servere Cramps
Muscle Contractions
Premature Ejaculation
Nicotine Fits

The only antidote is massive amouts of beer to thin out the venom in your blood!!!

In rare occasions victims have hallucinated and and seen John Kerry make it with Diane Feinstien.

This sensory overload is very dangerous to a normal human central nervous system.

At the Demo Undergroud this bug is the drug of choice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember those bugs as a lad living in Fla. I always thought they looked like tiny little baby Gila Monsters...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Lady bug prior to taking it's beetle phase.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

ah ha! your right  didn't know they did that...
ladybug larvae

Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah ha! your right  didn't know they did that...
ladybug larvae

Thanks for the replies

I won I won!  What did I win???

Funny thing, I knew that because I saw it happen as a kid in Brooklyn of all places.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I took entomology in 1978.  Let's see if I remember any of it correctly.

My first guess is that it is the intermediate state or instar of something.  In other words, it isn't a mature insect.  I base that on the pubescence (hair) easily seen.  If it is an instar, then it isn't an ant, but may morph into a a member of the roach family.

It may also be a flightless male of some species.  In that case it might be a member of the group containing wasps and bees.

Not knowing how long that thing is, it reminds me of a member of the ant family commonly called a Cattle Killer in Texas.  

Really hard to tell.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I took entomology in 1978.  Let's see if I remember any of it correctly.

My first guess is that it is the intermediate state or instar of something.  In other words, it isn't a mature insect.  I base that on the pubescence (hair) easily seen.  If it is an instar, then it isn't an ant, but may morph into a a member of the roach family.

It may also be a flightless male of some species.  In that case it might be a member of the group containing wasps and bees.

Not knowing how long that thing is, it reminds me of a member of the ant family commonly called a Cattle Killer in Texas.  

Really hard to tell.

Mahatma...It is a Ladybug.  No kidding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top