Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:35:42 AM EDT
just got the new cd, archetype.  good stuff, much better than their last one.   surprised to hear the Nirvana cover (school).  the bonus dvd was decent..but too much talking and not enough rocking.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Their stuff is alright, but in concert they fucking rule
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Their stuff is alright, but in concert they fucking rule

oh yeah, i saw them at a small bar a couple years ago.  very cool!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You just got that awesome CD.
Man your slow.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You just got that awesome CD.
Man your slow.

when did it come out?  i don't even know.  one of my friends just saw them live and he said they were awesome..since he used to not like them i figured it was worth a shot.  i didn't think they'd be any good without Dino (guitarist).
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my all time favorite bands.  I'm sad that Dino isn't playing guitar anymore, but Christian seems to be handling the 7 string just fine.  I've seen them live once, but it was the old lineup.  It was AMAZING.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
After Soul of a New Machine they have gone downhill.  I lost all respect for them when I saw them on some MTV spring break wrestling special.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
After Soul of a New Machine they have gone downhill.  I lost all respect for them when I saw them on some MTV spring break wrestling special.

what a trendy answer.  if all all fails, say you only like 'their older stuff' and then call them sell-outs.  lame, tired response.

i could give a crap if they were on mtv, they have to eat too.. there isn't any $$ in music unless you get huge.  on the dvd they talk about how they don't even have cars, houses, etc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I aquired the album A month or so before it came out.
You almost can't tell Dino ain't playing IMO.
I did not like Soul of A new Machine.
Demanufacture and Obsolete totally kicked ass.
Digimortal sucked.
Archetype makes up for it in spades tho.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Trendy answer?  I'm not a fan of mainstream metal.  I say the same shit about Carcass, after Symphonies of Sicknesss and Necrotism they started to sound like old Kreator.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The SHOW is Fear Factor by the way, not Factory

But yes, good stuff
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The SHOW is Fear Factor by the way, not Factory

But yes, good stuff

oh i know, but there are older folks on here that might get confused..or younger people that aren't into metal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
"Body Hammer" rules...

I don't buy many CDs... i go on what I yoink from networked computers.

Is the song "Body Hammer" old.... cuz it definately rocks.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Cant believe there are Fear Factory fans on here!! I love it.   Latest album i picked up  was there hate files album, Saw them live with static x and dope.  AWSOME...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Hehe..... where do you think I got my username from (Zero Signal)?  Only I changed the spelling so I'd be the only "Xero Sygnal" on the internet.

"I am down on my knees
Praying beyond belief
The silence deafens my ears
And welds the shackles onto my fears"
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cant believe there are Fear Factory fans on here!! I love it.   Latest album i picked up  was there hate files album, Saw them live with static x and dope.  AWSOME...

you'd probably be surprised at what people on here listen to.  i listen to a lot of hardcore/punk/metal stuff and i'm not the only one.  a lot of musicians on here too.  

i've got a ibanez7620 7 string with the dino EMG 707 active pickup in it.  my rig sounds just like FF's.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top