Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2004 7:46:57 AM EDT

I have all the paperwork and stuff and am ready to get my first Garand.  But, $550 or so for a service grade Springfield, will be easyer to pay for in a couple months rather than now.

I'm just wondering how many of them things do they have?  I'm just being paranoid about them running out even though I know they have been doing this program for a while.

Do they have any projection of when they will run out of standard old Springfield Service grade Garands?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#1]
John: They have plenty of rack and service grade guns. Don't worry, they won't run out for the next 2-3 years.

The thing they ARE running out of are the $350 Danish-issue Garands. Those things are gonna be gone by December.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish they had a good supply of IH garands. 1-2 year wait is crazy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
John: They have plenty of rack and service grade guns. Don't worry, they won't run out for the next 2-3 years.

The thing they ARE running out of are the $350 Danish-issue Garands. Those things are gonna be gone by December.

DAMN, now I have to send off for one of those also.........
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of shape are these garands? $550 is cheap, but are they worth it? Does anyone have pictures of their CMP Garand?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't find the website, but there were images of the CMP's warehouse and they pallets of M1 Garands stacked from the floor to the ceiling. The problem not is not how many, but this supply could be shut off. The anti-gunners have been complaining(to deaf ears at the moments) these weapons of war are being to used to commit crimes. So word to the wise, this endless suplly could be shut off by the govt, though not likely in the near-future.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a couple  

Edited to add:  Damn, you remembered the beer!!  

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What kind of shape are these garands? $550 is cheap, but are they worth it? Does anyone have pictures of their CMP Garand?

Here's my SG HRA;
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you get one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a couple  

Edited to add:  Damn, you remembered the beer!!  

I thought you would like that.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here is my Service grade SA, M1 Garand, from the CMP, best 520.95 I have spent...

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anybody have pics of these $350 Danish garands?

Give me a few weeks, and here I thought I was DONE for the year.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I know I've made this offer before, and I will continue to make it.

ANYONE that is the slightest bit worried about the "rack grade" Danes, can buy one RISK-FREE, because if they don't like it, I will immediately buy it from them (at whatever markup is reasonable - like $100 or something).  Since I have a C&R license, it can be shipped directly to me, without having to involve another FFL.  So - no risk, no hassle.  Buy one already!!

Hell, anyone who is worried about the quality can buy TWO garands from the CMP, and I'll gladly buy the one they like the least - or I'll buy both, if they don't like either of them.

Again, I'm completely serious about this.  Anyone who is apprehensive about ordering a CMP Garand can take this to the bank (feel free to contact me).

This is an offer I have posted numerous times in the past, and nobody has yet to contact me to take a garand off their hands.  That should tell you that people are VERY happy with the CMP garands.

Seriously - nobody has an excuse to NOT buy a Garand from the CMP (except me ).
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK, will order a CMP Garand, Danish.  I am not overly enamored with the Garand, but I want one for historical purposes.  I think I have my club card from the qualifying shoot around here somewhere.  Do the scores expire?  I shot the qualifier around 4-5 years ago.  I also have a C&R.

Can't got wrong with the Danes!  

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I know I've made this offer before, and I will continue to make it.

ANYONE that is the slightest bit worried about the "rack grade" Danes, can buy one RISK-FREE, because if they don't like it, I will immediately buy it from them (at whatever markup is reasonable - like $100 or something).  Since I have a C&R license, it can be shipped directly to me, without having to involve another FFL.  So - no risk, no hassle.  Buy one already!!

Hell, anyone who is worried about the quality can buy TWO garands from the CMP, and I'll gladly buy the one they like the least - or I'll buy both, if they don't like either of them.

Again, I'm completely serious about this.  Anyone who is apprehensive about ordering a CMP Garand can take this to the bank (feel free to contact me).

This is an offer I have posted numerous times in the past, and nobody has yet to contact me to take a garand off their hands.  That should tell you that people are VERY happy with the CMP garands.

Seriously - nobody has an excuse to NOT buy a Garand from the CMP (except me ).

I could sell you one, BUT the markup would be very very high, esp after the little note you left in my box of ammo.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I could sell you one, BUT the markup would be very very high, esp after the little note you left in my box of ammo.......

I sure hope you don't get the Garand I left a note in!  
btw - that "note" was still one of the funniest and cleverest things I've seen on ARFCOM  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure hope you don't get the Garand I left a note in!  

Oh you can be sure I will get the GARAND you left the note in, I promise you that
btw - that "note" was still one of the funniest and cleverest things I've seen on ARFCOM  

and for those who missed it.....

This is a new case of Danish 30-06 ammo, I got in..
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been wondering something.  One one of the requirements it lists a copy of your CCW as a satisfactory fulfillment of that particular requirement.  However ... what about states like NH that are "shall issue" and don't require a class to go along with the CCW?  Would that make the license unacceptable?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Ah, I found the image of the CMP, click here to see the inside of the CMP's HUGE warehouse of M1 Garands:
www.fulton-armory.com/AnnistonGallery.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ah, I found the image of the CMP, click here to see the inside of the CMP's HUGE warehouse of M1 Garands:

OH SHIT, now that gives me some serious wood, DAMN.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Also,
You might want to consider the Greek trade ins.  I got a rack grade Greek HRA return.  $295 and the only thing NOT hra on it is the rear sight elevation spindle (a Beretta BM59 part...kinda cool). This thing has the original barrel, not a arsenal rebuild, great wood, great finish and outshoots my Service Grade SA and HRA!  Best damn $295 I EVER spent!

Rich
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#26]

The strangest things show up in those boxes from the DoD. This Garand was believed to have been cut down by a Huey door gunner and used in Viet Nam!

Interesting
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#28]
These next few weeks are going to drag by. Hopefully my Greek HRA SG will hurry here!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Hiram,
Yep.  They're nice.  Of course, you do always take a "gamble" getting a rack grade BUT I've heard a lot more praises (I think my experience with the rack grade greek HRA's is pretty typical) than complaints about the Greeks.  I figger, it's a win win situation.  For $20 more than the cost of a stripped Garand receiver from the CMP, you can get a whole damn rifle from 'em!  If it's rough, just rebarrel and repark it, and you're still ahead of the game.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there a way you can sign up for cmp online because there are no clubs around me.

Justin
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Is there a way you can sign up for cmp online because there are no clubs around me.

Justin

Sadly no..

Send in $25 to the GCA, Garand Collectors Association, they are affiliated with CMP, and at your OK, will forard to the CMP your information for club affiliation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Ahh so you just send them $25 and that counts as a club affiliation, WHY did you have to tell me that greek garand here i come ahhhhhh!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Woot Trumpet, that is what I wanted to hear!  I think I'll buy a Greek!  Those damn danish garanads probably don't even have a stock... just a barrel and receiver shoved into a clog!

Ouch

Does anyone know if the Greek ones are WW-2 era, or are they later?  I'm pretty sure the Danes are mostly WW-2, but I'm not sure about the Greeks.

If they are, then that's a killer deal!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Most of the Greeks are post WWII (I think).  Mine's a '54

Rich
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]
So why can't DK Prof get one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Have to be a US citizen.

I knew the dude was weird I didn't know he was a freaking
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#38]
What is the approximate time from submittal of complete paperwork and funds to receipt of a rack grade Greek rifle?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
What is the approximate time from submittal of complete paperwork and funds to receipt of a rack grade Greek rifle?

quickest time is to take your paperwork to cmp north store and hand select yourself from racks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Took me 13 days.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I went the Greek RG route and was VERY happy with the one I got. SA 1943 which is in great shape. Arsenal rebarreled  in 1953 and another arsenal mark from 1964. Receiver is still in good shape with almost all the greenish tint parkerizing remaining. Wood was kindling but that was fixed with a Boyds walnut stock set. Can't go wrong with the CMP.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#43]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#44]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Best Garand I've bought from CMP - about 10 - was a Danish.

Winchester, first Educational Contract reciever with no finish, VAR barrel.  Furniture was enough to make a grown man cry, but 75 bucks of Boyd wood took care of that.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I will have to get one!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Some of the people is new to this thread, PLEASE check out the above link where crates and crates of M1s still in their master cartons. It is truly a sight to behold.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I did a search and my range is a CMP club so I am eligible then??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top