Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 2:40:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with your neighbors first and see if they have the same issues. If so, it's probably just a lack of water towers in your area and/or hills that slow the flow of the water. I live in a rural, hilly area with water towers spaced widely. The pressure is horrible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
private well or public supply?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Only thing to do is install a seperate pump in your house BTDT.

www.pressurebooster.com/

Also read the POP MEC link.

Make sure ther pipes aren't cloged first -- if it is an old house and has metal pipes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Check to be sure there is not a pressure regulater installed inline from your meter to your house.

A buddy of mine bought a house, and had no water pressure to the back of the house, bathroom and outside faucets. I found under the kitchen sink, a pressure regulator on the line, and it was closed off, Opened up the regulator and BAM, water to the rest of the house.

Sometimes they will be installed at your water meter, sometimes inline going to your house, and sometimes somewhere in your house.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:38:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If the water is the shits with minerals and other might be some heavy build-up on the pipes coming in from the main. Looks at the size of pipe coming in from the main also could be spec. wrong (too small) esp. as the build-up occurred don’t know what the code is but I (if I could choose) would at least have it twice the size from the main to the house if possible it will act as a reservoir and help with pressure fluctuations. Dose your water bills and past ones seem in line with what your using, don’t know what the makeup is of your land but you can’t always see a leak esp. if its permeating type. Also the main water line might be size too small and didn’t anticipate the growth of the water usage in the area when it put it in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask the city or utilities manager to check it for you.  The screen on the meter might need cleaned.  If it is on your side of the meter they will tell you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top