Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 9:45:45 PM EDT

Al-Qaeda may have financed Russia school raid

Reuters

Moscow, September 3: The mass hostage-taking at a Russian school was led by a senior Chechen rebel commander and possibly financed by al-Qaeda, Itar-Tass news agency quoted sources in the regional security service as saying.

The sources said that according to early information, Chechen commander Magomet Yevloyev led the seizure of hundreds of children and adults in the school in the province of North Ossetia which ended in bloodshed on Friday.

They said the operation had been planned by Shamil Basayev, Russia's most wanted Chechen rebel, who has been behind several major attacks outside Chechnya.

Russian officials say rebels fighting for the region's independence from Moscow are under strong influence from Wahhabism, a strict form of Sunni Islam.

Wahhabism, the only permitted form of Islam in Saudi Arabia, is banned in Russia. "Apart from that, there is information that the hostage seizure was financed by one of the ideologists of Wahhabism, Abu Omar As-Seyf, who is al Qaeda's representative in Chechnya," one source was quoted as saying.

Russian officials have suggested that other recent attacks in Russia, blamed on Chechen separatists, may also have been linked to al Qaeda.

"Allahu Akbar!!!"

Coming to a school near you!
unless you wake the fuck up now!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
And the Moscow Theatre horror in 2002.  They took digital photos and satellite phones with them, sent live updates of the attack to their backers in the Persian Gulf.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop it Mac, you will hurt their feelings !!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stop it Mac, you will hurt their feelings !!

sad but true
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It would not surprise me one bit.  But did it really take a lot of cash to fund this?  A few cheap AK's some homemade IED's and a couple dozen shitheads.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Mac, everyone knows what you're thinking and most agree.  There's no need to say it, especially given the current rampage that people are on.

Stick to the facts, so everyone can see all of the details of the situation.   If your threads get locked or you get banned, you can't continue to provide everyone with breaking developments.

Keep a cool head, man.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It would not surprise me one bit.  But did it really take a lot of cash to fund this?  A few cheap AK's some homemade IED's and a couple dozen shitheads.

Safe passage of a dozen MIDEAST ARABS through Chechnya and into Russia.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Safe passage of a dozen MIDEAST ARABS through Chechnya and into Russia.

Ahhh I guess you gotta grease someone to get them through.
Good Call.

What a totally shitty situation.  The one thing I find impressive is Americas and to further get granular, Americas Military and firearm community (read us here) having such positive feelings for people who were our arch enemies a generation ago.  If anything good comes of this massacre, maybe the talking heads on both sides can forge a stronger alliance to defeat terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I could be reading it wrong, but I don't think I'm that tired.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270658&page=6

Posted in wrong thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mac, everyone knows what you're thinking and most agree. There's no need to say it, especially given the current rampage that people are on.

Fuck "saying" it.

We've been "saying" it for three fucking years now.

Now it's time to start SCREAMING IT again because MOST of the people and ALL of the media have gone back to sleep on this!

WE ARE FIGHTING WORLD WAR III RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!!!

OUR ENEMY IS A MASS OF PSYCHOTIC PAN-ISLAMIC SUBHUMAN TERRORISTS SPREAD ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!!

AND WE HAVE MILLIONS OF SUICIDALLY-PACIFIED FOOLS RIGHT HERE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO HAVEN'T A CLUE HOW TO MUSTER THE WILL TO DEFEAT OUR ENEMY!!!

So now is NOT the time to remain quiet and go back to sleep - now is the time to WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I guess we'll have to make the appropriate changes...

Memo to media
For immediate release:

Now that they've been linked to al-Qaeda, the Chechen "separatists" or "rebels" should heretofore be referred to as the "Chechen religious freedom fighters."  Emphasis should be given the fact that they wish for nothing more than the freedom to worship the god of their choosing in peace, free from oppression and bigotry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]
the people here realize it.  i'm interested to see if the russians realize it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
We are living in a Bizarro World.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Mac, my dad said the same thing tonight, about us already being in World War Three.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mac, my dad said the same thing tonight, about us already being in World War Three.

I always figured it was World War Four.  Three = Cold War.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top