Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 8:24:39 PM EDT
Any opinions on the adequacy of a 6-shot in 32 S&W Long for aggressive/dangerous dogs when out fishing? I have adequate personal opinions on its efficacy against humanoid threats. Note: as far as I can tell, the ammo is generally available only in LRNs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My aggressive and dangerous dogs don't shoot. How in the heck do you train them to hold a gun?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Better than saying "sit" in a stern voice, but not adequate to end an attack before you are damaged with any reliability.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve never shot a dog, but I’d say no.

I’m sure you could take out your neighbor’s dog with it as the dog sleeps on the porch.  But a large, fast moving and aggressive pack of dogs trying to tear you apart is way different!!

The bullet is just too light and too slow moving.

Personally, I’d want a .38 Special as a minimum.

Just my uneducated opinion, though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it plenty to kill just about any dog or human?  Yes
Is it the caliber I would choose?  No
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top