Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
she lied (she used a double negative)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
He/she/it expressed a banned opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If she was banished for that, 90% of us would have been banned by now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
She got banned for putting the evil eye on our members.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thinking it and saying it are 2 different things.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
She put a spell on all of last week. It would seem Aimless got the raw end of the deal.

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Doz, ever wonder what your Avatar tag line and my sig line have in common?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
she lied (she used a double negative)

damn grammar Nazi's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
and the "Burka of Silence" descends on yet another member...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Most chicks don't last long around here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I expect she was a troll account, considering they banned her for that its a little light.

Im not sad to see her go though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, I'm a pretty simple guy...   I take it the answer is:

"Yes, Top_prop, she will never torment us with her young necromancer views, and goth hair any more."

Aimless, or any other super duper AR-15 power trooper please reply!

(and yes I see that one moderator post but its just not black or white for me yet )....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]
another one bites the dust
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Without knowing the details of the circumstances, I would venture to guess that her latest comment is the straw that broke the camel's back. Or at least I hope so, since IMO the above comment was not so bad to warrant her banning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

(and yes I see that one moderator post but its just not black or white for me yet )....

Nor is what she said so much worse than some of the other stuff I saw in that thread...   no threats right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#19]
OK.

But you aren't allowed to say if she was booted or not? Or you just don't like getting questioned?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well I'm not speaking for anybody but myself... But here goes.  You are owed no explanation.  Nobody needs to justify anything to you.  And whether you like it or not, I could care less.  The staff and mods... especially the GD mods... are given a heavy load to carry around here, and they are entrusted by the Avilas to ensure that the principles of this board are upheld.  This is more than a sandbox for you to play in, it is a gathering place for nearly 60,000 134 people interested in firearms.  There are major corporations that support the site financially and whose corporate image is on the line.  So if the board's staff and mods choose to stop certain conversation and discourse that can imperil the site, its sponsors and all the Avilas have worked for... so be it.

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
If there are 60,000 people* that come here and watch the daily unravelling but only 134 of us actually post, does that make us some sort of exhibitionists or something?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If there are 60,000 people* that come here and watch the daily unravelling but only 134 of us actually post, does that make us some sort of exhibitionists or something?

I have pondered that question before. If I have 3 ex-girlfriends and 42 old college buddies and 17 old enemies show up at gunstock, I'll know........
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Nahhhh, can't be.......I mean she's a well meaning individual interested in guns, right?  That curse thing was just to get your attention.........

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#24]
She (he, they) will be back.

"Hi, I'm new here, and I'm a girl."
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
She (he, they) will be back.

"Hi, I'm new here, and I'm a girl."

REALLY!?!?! Got any pics?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#26]
How many of the 60,000 buy from the sponsors?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#27]
If you guys just had the presence of mind not to reply to the stupid threads it wouldn't matter if she or anyone else of that type came back.  But like moths to a flame, you guys never disappoint.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#28]
The Neutral Observer suspects that the goth girl was Cloning_Bagels in disguise.  Only a linguistic analysis will show the truth.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
She was a troll and intentionally violated rules... good riddance.  

agreed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Jeez- lighten up Francis...

I never saw her post anything worse than 90% of us here.  If I missed something, my apologies.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Tequila Bob posted that he has a production company incorperating that name with his.

I think there are fifteen lonely guys (and me) posting here. Seven of us own some sort of firearm.

Twelve of them are mods.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Does this mean that The Sarge and Her aren’t going to make a movie together?

I’d pay to see one of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

At the rate were going tonight GB's gonna have plenty of bandwidth to spare
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#34]
To bad, she was kinda entertaining especially the spell thread she made
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Which one? Sarge, or her?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one? Sarge, or her?

My bad; the two of them together.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Come on guys...

COC prohibits 'trolling'.

Alot MORE people COULD be banned *if* this board was run by a bunch of DU JBMs - IF they took that perticular line to extremes...

Most of the time, all that's done is alot of '' and 'IBTL' posts, and an occasional thread lock...

However, it's been my observation that if you go to lengths to torment the Staff, you will eventually get the boot...

See Imbroglio, McUZI, etc...

Necromancer was just very BAD at it, to the point of not even being amusing...

Rules are pointless if not enforced, however they can also kill a site if OVER enforced... The balance here is just about right...

It's not libertarianparadise.com, it's AR-15.com. There has never been any illusion that you have the right to do whatever the hell you want here, the rules are clearly posted, you live by them or eventually you get removed...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well I'm not speaking for anybody but myself... But here goes.  You are owed no explanation.  Nobody needs to justify anything to you.  And whether you like it or not, I could care less.  The staff and mods... especially the GD mods... are given a heavy load to carry around here, and they are entrusted by the Avilas to ensure that the principles of this board are upheld.  This is more than a sandbox for you to play in, it is a gathering place for nearly 60,000 people interested in firearms.  There are major corporations that support the site financially and whose corporate image is on the line.  So if the board's staff and mods choose to stop certain conversation and discourse that can imperil the site, its sponsors and all the Avilas have worked for... so be it.

Translation:

"Shut up low level peon! Your only tasks are to pay the owners a membership fee and to lick my high level important ass clean."
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I'm not speaking for anybody but myself... But here goes.  You are owed no explanation.  Nobody needs to justify anything to you.  And whether you like it or not, I could care less.  The staff and mods... especially the GD mods... are given a heavy load to carry around here, and they are entrusted by the Avilas to ensure that the principles of this board are upheld.  This is more than a sandbox for you to play in, it is a gathering place for nearly 60,000 134 people interested in firearms.  There are major corporations that support the site financially and whose corporate image is on the line.  So if the board's staff and mods choose to stop certain conversation and discourse that can imperil the site, its sponsors and all the Avilas have worked for... so be it.

Fixed it for you.

You are probabaly correct, though I think your estimate is a little high.

AB
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Man I don't care if she was troll or not to get popped for that comment of all comments is kinda BS. I've seen worse out of other members with no lock of their account....... oh well life goes on......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If you guys just had the presence of mind not to reply to the stupid threads it wouldn't matter if she or anyone else of that type came back.  But like moths to a flame, you guys never disappoint.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

GBT: If you are saying this is a dumb thread, then you just posted to it.   Isn't that ironic, or perhaps even moronic?

Otherwise I assume you are saying the threads she whipped up were stupid, and I'd agree, but not fault anybody for participating in them....  I occasionally trolled them for some amusement. but never posted...   so am I being called a moth as well?

If I am: STICKS AND STONES MAY....    

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I like flames!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#44]
60,000 is extremely high....I am seriously doubting this number.  If you take the large metro areas and count how many active members there are, then add them all up, I'll bet you can come up with only a few thousand, if that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Which one was unlocked?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Which one was unlocked?

I was.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Come on guys...

COC prohibits 'trolling'.

Alot MORE people COULD be banned *if* this board was run by a bunch of DU JBMs - IF they took that perticular line to extremes...

Most of the time, all that's done is alot of '' and 'IBTL' posts, and an occasional thread lock...

However, it's been my observation that if you go to lengths to torment the Staff, you will eventually get the boot...

See Imbroglio, McUZI, etc...

Necromancer was just very BAD at it, to the point of not even being amusing...

Rules are pointless if not enforced, however they can also kill a site if OVER enforced... The balance here is just about right...

It's not libertarianparadise.com, it's AR-15.com. There has never been any illusion that you have the right to do whatever the hell you want here, the rules are clearly posted, you live by them or eventually you get removed...

TROLLING ---------- has become to mean a different opinion around here of late. JMO
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top