Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 7:09:09 PM EDT
I've been watchin' it  since I was a teenager. I like the heck out of that show and whenever it's on I always tune in to watch. There's just something about it that I like. Anyone else like it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Kolchak is da shiznit!

I wonder when the complete series will be out on DVD?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I loved  that show as a kid, just saw it again for the first time in years. I was watching cable tv at a friends house, my only source for cable don't ya know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It's on right now on Trio.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
First episode came out when I was in grade school.  It was the episode abou the vampire and it scared the snot out of me.  I still remember it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember that show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
He kind of reminds me of a modern day Sherlock Holmes but with a camera and a hat.  I think I've seen most of the shows, I think a DVD collection would be very cool, I'd buy it.   I remember taking Photography in HighSchool because I thought it'd be cool to be a news paper reporter like Kolchak.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First episode came out when I was in grade school.  It was the episode abou the vampire and it scared the snot out of me.  I still remember it.

I remember that one too.  It was great. Iremember being scared by it also.  Think I was in grade school at the time.  What network is it being shown on?  I would love to be able to get to see it again.  Wasn't the actor named Darren McGavin or something like that?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It's on Trio, Pop culture Television.LOL  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Beware of the Racsasha! He will appear to you as someone you trust before he rips you to shreads!

Kolchak: Don't worry about me because I don't trust anyone.

Don't be so sure! That and the headless motorcycle rider are my favorites. Then the zombie, moss monster, the . . . .OK all of them are my favorites except the robot Mr. RING.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Watched that when I was kid, always thought the x files was based on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]

I just finished watching the female vampire in LA episode. I recorded a bunch of them when the Sci-Fi channel had them on a few weeks ago. They're the right mix of camp and horror, plus they're family friendly without sex or gore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#12]
In that same vain, I liked Night Gallery and Dark Shadows.  They were big when I was a kid.  I loved
scary shows.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I loved that show when I was a kid. Funny to watch some of the nobodys that appeared on that show, now they are/were big names.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Y'know, I never made that connection, but you're right...except that Night Stalker didn't take itself quite so seriously.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I made the connection and really enjoyed the X-files episodes Darren McGavin showed up in as a retired FBI agent. Come to think of it, he was in an episode set in Florida during a hurricane that brought a big nasty creature out of the ocean.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#16]
One of the best shows to ever hit TV. I watched it as an elementary school kid and it used to scare me.  Creator of the X files used to rip off episodes from Kolchak.  I found a DVD at best buy, but it was only the 2 tv movies.  I MUST find the collection if it for sale!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]

I remember being really scared by that show as a kid.

I haven't seen it since.  I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In that same vain, I liked Night Gallery and Dark Shadows.  They were big when I was a kid.  I loved
scary shows.

Dark Shadows Rulled. I used to wish that I was Barnabus Collins, even had a cane and a black ring that I'd ware, of course that was when I was a kid,LOL.   Night Gallery was really cool to. Good follow up to the Twilight Zone.

Remember the one called "The Invaders", that rocked too. Man, I miss all those old sicfi shows. I had lots of good times watching them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Kolchak is da man!!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Are they playing that series again somewhere?  I watched the originals as a kid... loved them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, that scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in decades. A bet the jokes went over my head at the time.

Buffy was inspired in part by it, according to Joss Whedon.

Woah! Just looked it up in IMDB and it looks like Richard Matheson was a writer on the original TV movie that the series was based on. He did a short story that Omega Man was based on and a lot of horror writing.

I'm surprised it was only one season. I remembered it as going longer than that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Watched when I was younger.  My older brother really liked it, course he loves Art Bell too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top