Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 5:48:44 PM EDT
...from Drudge-

AP CLAIMS: 'AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS BOOS' AFTER BUSH WISHES CLINTON 'SPEEDY RECOVERY'; 'Bush did nothing to stop them'...

THEN RETRACTS: [BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.]... 'APPLAUSE' NOTED BY LOCAL MEDIA FOR EX-PREZ... AUDIO... DEVELOPING...

www.boston.com/dailynews/247/region/Audience_boos_as_Bush_offers_bP.shtml
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What Media Bias?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The media can fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have audio of Bush's entire speech today.

home.wi.rr.com/davef/bush.wma

don't know if you can hear booing, the quality kind of sucks since I had to shrink the file to fit my web space. I'll see if I can cut out an uncompressed version of just that clip. I listened for that when I heard him mention clinton, but didn't notice booing.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it sounds likea  few coneheads boo'ed.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The media can fuck off.

well put.

I can take bias.  (somewhat)
I can take eagerness to see liberalism prevail.  (to a point)
I can not stand a fucking liar. (at all)

They are so eager to report anything to make W look bad, they will fabricate and/or allow themselves to run with a rumor.  I believe it was a lie they didn't expect to see challenged.  Either way, it is not journalism.  It is activism.

Why don't we form AR15 News so we will be completely free from responsivbility?
We can show stories about Kerry fucking a goat, but it is uncorroborated.
And Ted Kennedy was involved in the Russian School terrorism.
I'm sure we can report everything we want. Why form a 527, when you can form a media outlet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Better audio of just that part of the speech.

homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/bush.mp3
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have audio of Bush's entire speech today.

home.wi.rr.com/davef/bush.wma

don't know if you can hear booing, the quality kind of sucks since I had to shrink the file to fit my web space. I'll see if I can cut out an uncompressed version of just that clip. I listened for that when I heard him mention clinton, but didn't notice booing.

Could it be mistaken for "THOUSANDS BOOING" as AP reported?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
here's the clip of just the section in question.

home.wi.rr.com/davef/bush2.wma
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

much better audio

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
But meanwhile their lie has been broadcast around the world and many will never hear the retraction.  All because of one AP reporter on the scene who decided to lie, and his editor who didn't follow up after someone who was known to be a loose cannon.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There were no boos that I could detect at all. None. WTF were those press bozos listening to? The Black Eyed Peas?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
W- Did the admirable thing.I cant hear anything negative.Some one tell the AP to visit the link on ARFCOM that lasted about a nano second before it was deleted.All kinds of Get well greetings on that one.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was very classy of Bush to make that statement.  Good for him

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were no boos that I could detect at all. None. WTF were those press bozos listening to? The Black Eyed Peas?

listen to the cruddy clip I posted and compare the cheering after the clinton remark to the cheering after the rest of it. You can hear a difference, but I don't think it was "thousands booing".

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]
So the liberal media is not getting the viewership it wants, and it lies.  I'm getting pretty tired of the whole charade. How much longer will these "news" outlets retain the small amount of legitimacy they have left?

This really chaps my a$$.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
It sounded like "Woohoos" to me. I heard no "B" before the "oos."

And there wasn't much of it there anyway. Kinda sounded like people cheering Bush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top