Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:41:43 PM EDT
My Dad thinks something will go down in October. I am cutting my summer up here in cool northern NM short and will pull my home back to New Braunfels, TX on tuesday. Usually I would not go back till the middle of October. I don't want to be on the road if something happens. Your thoughts? John
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad also thinks something is going to happen in October...

I actually quit my job yesterday and plan on sitting at home beating off...

Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I don't want to be walking around with a 'loaded weapon' if something happens...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My Dad thinks something will go down in October. I am cutting my summer up here in cool northern NM short and will pull my home back to New Braunfels, TX on tuesday. Usually I would not go back till the middle of October. I don't want to be on the road if something happens. Your thoughts? John

Yeah...something bad for Kerry...I hear the SwiftVets have something brewing for an "October Surprise"...it's supposed to be utterly devastating to Kerry...stay tuned...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Are you a 10 point buck ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck it. I'm ready. Bring it on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on something bad happening. I'm betting on multiple suicide murderers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Can one be paid for this.I mean can you support yourself?

let me know
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Russian tragedy is any indication, your father may be right.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It will happen after the election, one way or the other.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Locked and loaded.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep I know what is going to happen in October, I will be one year older.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuck it. I'm ready. Bring it on.

Amen...waiting is the worst part. We all know what is coming so let's get it started.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

let me know

I've heard the pay is bad, but the "benefits" are really good...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I don't want to be walking around with a 'loaded weapon' if something happens...

ROFLMFAO!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMFAO!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
... Live not in fear, ever
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
The magic -ball says:
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yep I know what is going to happen is October, I will be one year older.

You mean one month older.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Where are you at in northern New Mexico???
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Luckily, I'll have my bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok hrrmm..whats gonna happen? tin foil hat?

AT home im Cocked and locked..out and about im defenseless
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The WMD's that were planted this spring will suddenly be found, two week before the election.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Where are you at in northern New Mexico???

Las Vegas, NM. The town they filmed much of Red Dawn in. I went to college here in 1965 so I have retired fishing buddies in the area.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That’s odd, my dad told me mushoot was going to do something stupid in October.  The weird thing is my dad has been dead for five years.

QCMGR-

[OBIWAN]Listen to your father[OBIWAN]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That’s odd, my dad told me mushoot was going to do something stupid in October.  The weird thing is my dad has been dead for five years.

It may be stupid to return to Texas before it cools off but at least I don't live in Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

let me know

actually yes.  you beat off so much that you get carpel tunnel syndrome. then you file for disability.  if you have a good doctor and a good lawyer then you are gonna get paid to sit at home and punch the clown.

edited: for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The WMD's that were planted this spring will suddenly be found, two week before the election.

WTF?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I expect Usama's version of an October Surprise, but it will only cement Bush's victory in November.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

let me know

actually yes.  you beat off so much that you get carpel tunnel syndrome. then you file for disability.  if you have a good doctor and a good lawyer then you are gonna get paid to sit at home and punch the clown.

edited: for spelling.

codycoyote-You Sir are a Genius.You should be working for NASA or something

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I expect Usama's version of an October Surprise, but it will only cement Bush's victory in November.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Why someone would leave Las Vegas for New Braunfels is a bit beyond me.

I'm a bit north and east of ya and live in one of the least populated areas of the US. Lay in food, water, generator, gas, first aid kit, guns and ammo. If shtf you are prepared as well as you can be.

If your family is elsewhere, bring them to you. Not the other way round.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#34]

You do not need to, all of the dead wood moved to Texas from Michigan in the mid 80's.

Am I mistaken or did not Michigan go for Gore in the last election. Seems like a lot of the dead wood stayed up there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Nothing will happen, except I will be sitting around bored.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#36]
You may be right about October.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm going to Fort Sill in October for basic training and AIT, not sure yet if that's a good or a bad thing. LOL, kidding of course, I can't wait. I hope the hell nothing happens while I'm there though, hope they wait till I'm done training so I can go kick their ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I think an attack will happen right before the election to disrupt the process or swing the vote one way or another.  Just like Spain - it worked there, right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

let me know

you can if there is a liberal in the white house
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I too am getting that "feeling" of impending doom.  Sometimes after a long period of no major "incidents" I seem to get this feeling.   Often it is soon followed by something real bad.  Don't know why...and it is probably all BS...but I sense something BIG coming.

Good...Bad?  Don't know...but I agree, it "feels" strange.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#43]
[loading mags]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Been having the same feeling for a while now.... Hope nothing happens, but I think it is going to...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
[loading mags]

click
click
click
click
click
click
click
click....

agreed
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Oddly enough I dont have this feeling.  But I had a feeling back in June. It was kinda eerie.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah gotta watch those crazy germans in octoberfest,might try and slip me a warm beer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I've got a wager with some in my department at work that they are going to strike October 30th.  They are going to grab one of the Halloween sleep overs with kids plus some truck bombings since it is the last Saturday before the election. The truck bombings and/or arson of petroleum related plants for the fire&smoke eye candy for the press to show on the news.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yep I know what is going to happen is October, I will be one year older.

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I think an attack will happen right before the election to disrupt the process or swing the vote one way or another.  Just like Spain - it worked there, right?

Yes it did work in Spain and that's why it's a good possibility they will try something here.

But it will only cement Bush's re-election if we are attacked before the election. Whenever we are attacked or go to war the vast majority of americans rally behind the president and his approval ratings shoot through the roof, at least for a few months anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top