Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 1:43:33 PM EDT
This place is running 24/7. Sounds like we need to do a group purchase and get rich pimping our machine out.

I've had MRIs before but can't remember if they will shoot me full of contrast or not. I think they use contrast on CT scans. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No, no dye is used. Relax and enjoy the clanking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
+1
Gadolinium may be necessary depending on the suspected pathology.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. They stuck me good. That MRI tube fits me a bit tighter than it did back in '89. I couldn't take a full breath and I got a muscle spasm/cramp in my back. Good thing I don't suffer fromclostaphobia clostrefobia aw shit, fear of close places.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Had one in a new "open" machine.  A lot less confining and much better on the noise.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Leave your CCW piece home......

ETA: HOLY SH!T! MY 5,000th POST!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I asked for a muscle relaxor for my spasms and she said they didn't have any. Should have asked for Vallium instead. They work great for muscle spasms. I know because the sawbonz that did my surgeries back in '89 gave me Vallium to stop some crippling spasms.

Test results on tuesday. If it turns out shitty, I'll suffer along untill the Christmas break to get opened up. That way I wont be out of too much vacation. I'll take four days vacation and get sixteen days off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Had one three weeks ago on the right shoulder.  Noisy but not too bothersome.  Riding submarines helped a bit.  The docs noted three things wrong requiring surgery.

Next week I get another MRI on the left shoulder.  This will be number three on that side and two surgeries so far.  Hurts like hell again and 1000mg of over the counter pain meds every four hours isn't having much of an effect any more.

Getting old sucks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an MRI done every 3 months.  I love them now, 45 minutes of pure solitude!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Had one three weeks ago on the right shoulder.  Noisy but not too bothersome.  Riding submarines helped a bit.  The docs noted three things wrong requiring surgery.

Next week I get another MRI on the left shoulder.  This will be number three on that side and two surgeries so far.  Hurts like hell again and 1000mg of over the counter pain meds every four hours isn't having much of an effect any more.

Getting old sucks!

WTF? You a bullrider or sumpin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top