Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 7:16:19 AM EDT
I think I am going to get the two of you a sitcom on CBS.  

And just to restart the installation fight, I would like to add that I agree with Steelrat, when you tighten down the nut/free float tube it WILL stop at a certain point with minimal pressure.  At this point you have two options, turn till a notch lines up if it is not already there, or buy new parts.  I would also like to add that I am NOT an engineer, nor do I think it should take an engineer to figure this part out.  I would believe that the specs in the military instructions were written for guys that would attach a 6 foot cheater bar and crank till they got to the next 5 notches, stripping off the threads.  If you are old enough to know the "Tight is tight, and too tight is too tight" rule, you are just fine.
<----------sounds like an ex girlfriend, anyways,
Flame away
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Dave G would win. He would Grammer and Spell check someone to death!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top