Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 12:20:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the dumb bunny would be the person that pays the price.

I have a pre-ban Bushmaster M4 that I bought almost 4 years ago, and I don't regret having spent the money for it, even though it will probably lose value shortly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think its pretty arrogant considering the people they want to sell to are usually well informed hence this forum. They do usually have really low post counts. One guy is trying to sell a govt model for $1900. Auggie has them new for 1k.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Its kinda funny that most of the preban owners I've talked to are willing to do trades or minor markups if the sunset occurs.  Basically, they've leased a preban, the lease is up and they're realizing a depreciation right now.  Most accept it, some don't.  

What will be funny is after the ban sunsets that there will still be dealers, gun show sellers and arfcomers who'll think "preban status" means something historical.  It'll actually be the POST ban rifles that'll be worth something!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That is why I bought Colt SP-1's, they will not lose their value.

In a few short days there will be 3 new additions to the home!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is why I bought Colt SP-1's, they will not lose their value.
In a few short days there will be 3 new additions to the home!

I have 3 preban weapons in the safe including a white SP1.

I'm gonna loose my azz with those investments a week from monday.

"If this is torture, chain me to the wall!"
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
but-but-but-but it's a PREBAN!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its kinda funny that most of the preban owners I've talked to are willing to do trades or minor markups if the sunset occurs.  Basically, they've leased a preban, the lease is up and they're realizing a depreciation right now.  Most accept it, some don't.  

What will be funny is after the ban sunsets that there will still be dealers, gun show sellers and arfcomers who'll think "preban status" means something historical.  It'll actually be the POST ban rifles that'll be worth something!!

Aint that the truth!  I am looking forward to some of the funshow banter, myself.

Funny story:  at the same funshow where I bought my Bushy, there was a dealer with a couple of Colt 6520s.  I was asking him and his helper if the Colts had the block, and he said "If they didn't have the block, that would be illegal!".  I just shook my head and walked on.

edit to fix fuggup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top