Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 8:34:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
We would eat the peple who did it.  Amerians aren't gonna do this to other Americans.  We are more civil.  Now if a Chechan comes here and does it, we'll simply turn their land into one big glowing crater.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#2]
If it happened here...the SEALs would be deployed in .2 and the kids would have a very interesting story to be telling their grandkids.  At least...thats what I'd do.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Honest answer?
I don't know.

I could sit here and tell you all the chest thumping alpha male stuff I think I'd like to do, but when it comes right down to it, I'm really not sure how I'd react.

All I can say for sure is that I wouldn't sit at home or in some damn hostage council center and just wait it out. I'd have to do something.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
What I hope would happen: First there would be a complete and total media blackout on the situation to prevent information from one site being provided to terrorists in the other sites. This would be doen to isolate each hostage site. There would be a standoff (for no more than 5 days) at each site, to try and negotiate the terrorists into surrendering and releasing as many hostages as possible. This standoff would be followed by a raid.

What I fear would happen: The media would descend on each scene showing non-stop live footage of all of the events. There would be a standoff to try and negotiate the release of as many hostages as possible. This standoff would possibly last a couple of weeks. As soon as a RAID began at any of the sites, the Media would immedately begin brodcasting news, and the terrorists at the other hostage site would start executing their hostages. This would prompt immedate raids at the other sites. There would be few survivors.

What I would do if I were President (or whatever, in charge), and MY child were inside: Order the onsite tactical response teams to storm the building once negotians had failed to win the release of any hostages. I could not allow an the nation to be weakened in the face of terror.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
If it were my kid being held I would show up with my M4 and the cops could either let me help in some way or shoot me as I ignored them and moved in to get my child.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]
As soon as the first innocent blood is shed, the building would be stormed with the wrath of an angry GOD.

When the terrorists are apprehended/subdued there would be a 30 minute news conference
with the subsequent shooting in the back of the head of the insurgents.

publicly televised, with a warning for strong graphic violence, (children may need to leave the room)

the message we will send is

"WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS BEHAVIOR ON AMERICAN SOIL, OR IN ANY COUNTRY WHERE AN AMERICAN MAKES HIS HOME. TOOTH FOR TOOTH, EYE FOR EYE, WE WILL LEAVE THE BODIES OF OUR ENEMIES FLOWING A RIVER OF RED FOR ALL TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN"
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As soon as the first innocent blood is shed, the building would be stormed with the wrath of an angry GOD.

When the terrorists are apprehended/subdued there would be a 30 minute news conference

publicly televised, with a warning for strong graphic violence, (children may need to leave the room)

"WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS BEHAVIOR ON AMERICAN SOIL, OR IN ANY COUNTRY WHERE AN AMERICAN MAKES HIS HOME. TOOTH FOR TOOTH, EYE FOR EYE, WE WILL LEAVE THE BODIES OF OUR ENEMIES FLOWING A RIVER OF RED FOR ALL TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN"

Nice.
However, I can say at least with a moderate degree of certainty, this would never happen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Everyone knows what the response is to a hostage crisis.  After that, it would be dictated by the actions of the hostage takers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that a SWAT team would hit them....HARD.

I would certainly hope so but as Columbine proved, their primary concern was "getting home in one piece". Hopefully this has changed. I still remember them cowering behind an APC when people were dying inside. I do understand that Columbine changed the rules of hostage situations. Honestly, as much as I'd like to keep the military out of domestic affairs, an attack such as this by our sworn enemies would seem to be a reasonable use of our SF troops. I'd feel alot better if Delta was handling such a situation than some SWAT team of questionable training and proficiency. I'd think that the FBI HRT would be appropriate as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I would die trying to save them if my son was one of them. No fucking way in hell I would sit idle while "we" try our best to not hurt the bastards feelings.

If my son is in danger, I will become an animal. I might die in the process, but I would rather die than not try to save him.

I just hope and pray that I will never be put to that test.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
As soon as it became apparent that it was a terrorist act, there would be a lot more on the ground than just locals.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually, we'd have a number of apologists for the tangos. It's be our fault and we'd be told that this was the price paid for our unfair policies toward the poor muslim counties... Remember, kerry is basing his election campaign on a backlash against our overseas operations against the tangos that brought us 9-11. Sad but true. America is , by far, the greatest nation on Earth but we have a sizeable population of absolute pussies among us. Hopefully the light will shine thru the lies of the left as time marches on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it were my kid being held I would show up with my M4 and the cops could either let me help in some way or shoot me as I ignored them and moved in to get my child.

You'd likely be dead one way or another then.....

You going up there might get YOUR kid out, but might also get countless others killed in the process.

Unless you are SWAT, HRT, or similar I would sit back for a bit and let the pros do their jobs.

Ditto. Sit back and wait. I know it would ache to do so, but it's better than going in and having to live with the fact that you killed other childer or even your own because you didn't wait. You may also get yourself killed in the process and if everything turned out alright in the end (besides you being dead) your kid wouldn't have a father.

However, if the terrorists try fleeing just as they did in Russia - Fire at will.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As soon as it became apparent that it was a terrorist act, there would be a lot more on the ground than just locals.

Yup...the hammer would be dropped...and quickly...

BTW, if the terrorists tried something like that in Virginia or Texas or Florida, they might be facing ARMED civilians...many adults do carry in schools, despite all the "Gun Free Zone" crap...trust me on this...of course, an armed teacher could cap three terrorists and save the lives of hundreds of children, and some liberal DA would want to charge him or her with illegally carrying...typical...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#17]
<Removed.  4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.>
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#20]
The government would react much the same as it did at Columbine....the SWAT Team would stand around trying the figure out the best way to stay alive.

They were afraid to face two nut-case teenagers.  Do you think they would have the organizational courage to face a half dozen trained terrorists?  Shit no.  It would last for days and days and the hostages would die.

Cops are not trained to fight a small military unit.  Remember the SWAT attack in "Diehard"?  Life would imitate art.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#21]
While I believe it's only a matter of time before it happens here I fear that the pussification of America will have already taken control by then and political correctness will rear it's ugly head in an event like that.  I think the majority of sheep will want us to  roll over to the demands and the criminal, liberal media would make a circus out of the entire event...somehow painting the US in a bad light while making the terrorist look like victims.

I pray that I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#22]
What would I do? I would pack a bag and head to the school. I would try my best to control my rage and help other parents keep in control. I dont think that there is anything anyone of us could actually do to help but stay out of the way. Taking resources away from LE to handle a raged and armed parent would be very harmful to the whole issue.

What I think would actualy happen?
First, the media would not be blacked out, it would be there live and unedited as in ever other crisis in the US. People are to hungry for the gore that is the nightly news. Plus the power of the internet is impossible to stop when it comes to spreading the word about anything. Just cant be done with a flick of the switch.

Local SWAT, and CRTs would have a short lived time heading things up. Giving the fact that that terrorist were believed to be involved the DOD and DOHS would likely be the ones to take charge(That part is just theory but likely in the described scenerio). DOHS would step in but I think that shortly aftwards either SEALS for Delta would be called in to be lead by military rank and file.

Any and all parents or citizens that arrived armed would be detained and halled off. I guarantee if you show up with a 45 on your side and M4 in your gun rack you would go to jail!

Given the recent treatment of hostages by these types I fear that we would loose some of our children. In light of that I think that if this actually happen in the US you would start to see Masques burned, and an assault of sorts on islamic interests and its people.

Like said on the other forum, if I lost my child or loved one, I would live only for revenge and to spill the blood of as many of them as I could.
CH

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#23]
What if it happened here?

I have a 13 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. Get the fuck out of my way. I'm going in. SWAT team leader and versed in active shooter scenarios. Worrying about going home at the end of my shift isn't an option. If you think that I am keyboard commandoing it, check the avatar at the left and follow it back to the source.

Karl.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have a 13 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. Get the fuck out of my way. I'm going in. SWAT team leader and versed in active shooter scenarios. Worrying about going home at the end of my shift isn't an option. If you think that I am keyboard commandoing it, check the avatar at the right and follow it back to the source.

Karl.

I got your 6.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that a SWAT team would hit them....HARD.

I would certainly hope so but as Columbine proved, their primary concern was "getting home in one piece". Hopefully this has changed. I still remember them cowering behind an APC when people were dying inside. I do understand that Columbine changed the rules of hostage situations. Honestly, as much as I'd like to keep the military out of domestic affairs, an attack such as this by our sworn enemies would seem to be a reasonable use of our SF troops. I'd feel alot better if Delta was handling such a situation than some SWAT team of questionable training and proficiency. I'd think that the FBI HRT would be appropriate as well.

That was Colorado.
After Columbine the police in most other states were trained to enter the school and seek out the active shooter.  They were trained not to wait for SWAT or anyone else.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What I hope would happen: First there would be a complete and total media blackout on the situation to prevent information from one site being provided to terrorists in the other sites. This would be doen to isolate each hostage site. There would be a standoff (for no more than 5 days) at each site, to try and negotiate the terrorists into surrendering and releasing as many hostages as possible. This standoff would be followed by a raid.

What I fear would happen: The media would descend on each scene showing non-stop live footage of all of the events. There would be a standoff to try and negotiate the release of as many hostages as possible. This standoff would possibly last a couple of weeks. As soon as a RAID began at any of the sites, the Media would immedately begin brodcasting news, and the terrorists at the other hostage site would start executing their hostages. This would prompt immedate raids at the other sites. There would be few survivors.

What I would do if I were President (or whatever, in charge), and MY child were inside: Order the onsite tactical response teams to storm the building once negotians had failed to win the release of any hostages. I could not allow an the nation to be weakened in the face of terror.

I bet you're 100% right on the media f'ing things up.

Remember the 1972 olympics (ok so I wasnt born yet) -- the hostage-takers watched on TELEVISION as the German police "snuck up" on them outside the building...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...the hammer would be dropped...and quickly...

BTW, if the terrorists tried something like that in Virginia or Texas or Florida, they might be facing ARMED civilians...many adults do carry in schools, despite all the "Gun Free Zone" crap...trust me on this...of course, an armed teacher could cap three terrorists and save the lives of hundreds of children, and some liberal DA would want to charge him or her with illegally carrying...typical...

Back when school-shootings were the popular thing to do, one of the first ones was in Mississippi (I think i'm remembering which one), anyway, the principal until recently kept a gun in his office but had to leave it in his trunk for the last few years due to no-gun-in-school rules.  He actually STOPPED the school shooter by running out to his car, getting his gun, and running back -- now just imagine how many fewer people would have been hurt if ALL the principals in these school shootings had their pieces ON THEM.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Did you read what the kid said in the interview ?   As soon as the BGs took over they started wiring the place with explosives.     Waiting and negotiating with fanatics just guarantees more media will be around to show all the dead when ...not IF... the trigger is tripped. Page one of the terrorist handbook.... get an audience for your terrorist act.

Kill them ASAP and save however many of  the hostages you can.  Israel knows how, use their knowledge.

rip
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#31]
i hate to say it but, if this involed me or a loved one. a very slim chance for any survival of hostages.
they take hostages to kill them and themselves.  there is no TALKING with these animals. so , basically what i'm saying is "i'll be your huckleberry".......
f**king scum of the earth, all in the name of allah..  w.t.f.???

meat

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It is not a matter of What if but a matter of When it happens.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#33]
The human race is DOOMED.....we can't as a nation or world even unite against such evil, even you will suffer from this malaise overtaking the earth.

get right with god and save your soul, your earthly body is naught.

sorry to sound like a doomsayer..but prove to me we are not on the toilet swirl to the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
<Removed.  4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.>

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, you might find that same comment posted in one of the other threads. I can't remember. I suppose it's a reace to see if I can find and delete it before you do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
It has and continues to happen here.

MT
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Back when school-shootings were the popular thing to do, one of the first ones was in Mississippi (I think i'm remembering which one), anyway, the principal until recently kept a gun in his office but had to leave it in his trunk for the last few years due to no-gun-in-school rules.  He actually STOPPED the school shooter by running out to his car, getting his gun, and running back -- now just imagine how many fewer people would have been hurt if ALL the principals in these school shootings had their pieces ON THEM.

Yeah, I remember that one...of course, most of the media (read LIBERAL CONTROLLED) didn't even mention the gun...they said he "tackled" or "subdued" the assailant...can't have any POSITIVE stories about guns...no sir...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top