Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 6:29:11 AM EDT
We all have this feel good, warm and fuzzy, lump in the throat feeling about George W. Bush and the Republican Party.

The real message to walk away with is that we ALL must vote and we ALL must bring someone of like mind to go to the polls.

The Dems may be just scared enough to get all of the brainless to the polls.  We should all have the same concern.

Please be sure to Vote !!!

God Bless the USA
God Bless George W. Bush
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm 26. I've never voted. I'm voting this year. I think THIS is the make or break election for the future of America.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
ok
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Already ordered my absentee ballot!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that it looks like GWB's campaign is gaining momentum and he's rising in the polls, we need to keep pushing and keep the momentum going in our direction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We all have this feel good, warm and fuzzy, lump in the throat feeling about George W. Bush and the Republican Party.

The real message to walk away with is that we ALL must vote and we ALL must bring someone of like mind to go to the polls.

The Dems may be just scared enough to get all of the brainless to the polls.  We should all have the same concern.

Please be sure to Vote !!!

God Bless the USA
God Bless George W. Bush

I don't know where you heard this, but I'm not voting for Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm 26. I've never voted. I'm voting this year. I think THIS is the make or break election for the future of America.

Wow, that is an amazing amount of optimism you are expressing there given that all of the things that have brought us to the tyranny we live in took place before either of us were even born.

Why start voting now?  No, I really want to understand your rationale.  And before you answer, check this out:
Your Right Not to Vote

"if a citizen doesn't vote he has no right to bitch about illegal wars or tax n' spend."

"imagine a stranger approaching you, a gun in his hand, and declaring that you have the "right" to play Russian roulette with him. If you don't exercise your right, he says, he still plans to aim his gun at you, spin the cylinder, and then pull the trigger. If you agree to take part in his proposed game, it seems to me, then you have weakened the force of any protest you might lodge about the outcome. On the other hand, if you tell him you want no part of such foolishness, and that he should leave you alone, then how in the world would that negate your right to object to his plan?"

See?  You don't want any part of any of this foolishness.  Voting isn't going to get us the freedom we want and deserve.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that is an amazing amount of optimism you are expressing there given that all of the things that have brought us to the tyranny we live in took place before either of us were even born.

Why start voting now?  No, I really want to understand your rationale.  And before you answer, check this out:
Your Right Not to Vote

"if a citizen doesn't vote he has no right to bitch about illegal wars or tax n' spend."

"imagine a stranger approaching you, a gun in his hand, and declaring that you have the "right" to play Russian roulette with him. If you don't exercise your right, he says, he still plans to aim his gun at you, spin the cylinder, and then pull the trigger. If you agree to take part in his proposed game, it seems to me, then you have weakened the force of any protest you might lodge about the outcome. On the other hand, if you tell him you want no part of such foolishness, and that he should leave you alone, then how in the world would that negate your right to object to his plan?"

See?  You don't want any part of any of this foolishness.  Voting isn't going to get us the freedom we want and deserve.

WTF?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the things that brought you to the idiocy you live in took place before you were born as well.   It's called genetics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your Right Not to Vote

Your as fucking crazy as those asshats at DU.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your Right Not to Vote

WTF?

+1

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Your Right Not to Vote

I understand just what you're trying to say, though disagreeing with the "illegal war" bit.

Whether or not one chooses to vote has no bearing on his right to expect that his government should follow the rules.  Tyranny is disregard for those rules. No reasonable person could disagree with that.

But the choices are this:

1. Political incrementalism to reverse the trends we've suffered.

2. Armed revolt or similar action.

#2 is the very last resort.  I (will always) prefer #1. That's where most are now. That is the context in which most "don't complain if you don't vote" comments are made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top