Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
30 hostages have escaped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What's with all the half naked kids ?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
They are saying because no air conditioning in the school.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
How many kids ended up dead.

The religeon of peace ... at it again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How many kids ended up dead.

The religeon of peace ... at it again.

ANd to think..when we suggest riding the world of this vermen the Mods get upset at us!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope the Russians execute every motherfucking last one of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The russians own the building!!!

Hope no kids were hurt.

Seems that the terrorists tried to escape using the kids as shields.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
from what i have seen on tv looks like alot of the kids were hurt
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes I would have to, I couldn't stand the blood of kids on my hands.

Nope couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So - if you were in charge, would you negotiate in order to save children?

Tough choice the potential to screw yourself exists in just about all of the solutions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#13]
The Chechens,overall,  are going to pay dearly for this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#14]
looks like the roof fell in from an explosian. Doesnt look good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm afraid I would not negotiate. Once they see a weekness they will continue to exploit it and weaken your position and the public faith in the government to protect them will wain more than if you didn't.

It would be bloody and unfortunate but neccessary. I would also kill any of the surviving rag heads in the street for the cameras to get my point accross. Being Russia, I am confident I could get away with it due to public outrage.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes, if for no other reason than to decide the time and manner for a hostage rescue plan.
That's all most negotiations are anyway, a delaying tactic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm afraid I would not negotiate. Once they see a weekness they will continue to exploit it and weaken your position and the public faith in the government to protect them will wain more than if you didn't.

It would be bloody and unfortunate but neccessary. I would also kill any of the surviving rag heads in the street for the cameras to get my point accross. Being Russia, I am confident I could get away with it due to public outrage.

S.O.

No!

You negotiate, you wear them down. They aren't sleeping the initial adrenaline rush is kicking their ass. They will get sloppy, give it time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Then you run the risk of them knowing they cant hold out and they blow themselves anyway. They have already shown some WILL do it. If they do, it shows indecisiveness.  Lose, Lose

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#19]
sadly I would not decapitate them, I would chop of there balls and let them bleed to death, and the cut there heads off and replace them with a pigs head
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#20]
They're saying now that 130 kids have been taken to the hospital.  More explosions and gunfire right now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:53:58 AM EDT
[#21]
The FNC reporter on the scene doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#22]
How come stuff like this doesn't happen in Switzerland?? Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Fox saying that Russian commandos now control "most" of the school.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

no Muslims?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Got a running gun battle now. Lots of explosions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no Muslims?

They have their share, here's a list of mosques in Switzerland.

www.islam.ch/english/moscheenli.cfm
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:18:58 AM EDT
[#28]

How come stuff like this doesn't happen in Switzerland??

because switzerland is a tiny little country with close to zero international influence, zero international political interests and zero geopolitical clout. they are the bankers that finance the kalashnikovs.

AMEN BROTHER
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Negotiate until you have enough zonk out gas & antidote on hand to go in after them.  

Wondering what the kill ratio is going to be in the retalitory strikes? The typical Russian ratio is 100:1.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Women and children who escaped from a school in southern Russia where militants were holding hundreds of people captive in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. A group of about 30 women and children broke out of a school in southern Russia where militants were holding hundreds of people captive Friday, a news agency reported, after two loud explosions were heard and Russian commandos opened fire near the building. (AP Photo/APTN)

BESLAN, Russia --  Commandos seized control of a school in southern Russia where militants held hundreds of hostages Friday, Russian news agencies reported. The assault came after explosions boomed from the area and dozens of hostages, including naked children, fled.

The ITAR-Tass news agency said 160 children had been hurt in the raid and five militants were killed. Several of the militants who had captured the building Wednesday were seen running away and firing indiscriminately, and ITAR-Tass said five militants were killed.

The assault came after about 30 women and children hostages fled the building. Some children were covered in blood, some of them carried away to a temporary hospital set up behind an armored personnel carrier. Many were only partly clothed because of the stifling heat in the gymnasium where they had been held since the militants took the building, and drank eagerly from bottles of water given to them once they reached safety.

The firing subsided after about 45 minutes, but then kicked up again later. ITAR-Tass said the soldiers blew a hole in the building to help with the raid and other reports said some of the raiders had escaped, possibly taking children with them, and were fleeing Beslan.

The Interfax news agency reported earlier that the school's roof had collapsed _ possibly from the explosives some militants had strapped to their bodies. After seizing the school, the militants reportedly threatened to blow it up if troops tried to rescue the hostages and warned they would kill prisoners if any of their gang was hurt.

On Thursday, the militants had freed about 26 hostages, all women and children, and Russian officials had been in negotiations with the militants since the standoff began.

There were conflicting reports of the number of hostages who had been taken, with official saying about 350 and people among a small group freed on Wednesday saying there were about 1,500.

The militants' demands had not been clear. Reports after the standoff began Wednesday said the attackers demanded the release of people jailed after attacks on police posts in June that killed more than 90 people in Ingushetia, a region between North Ossetia and the neighboring republic of Chechnya. However, officials said Thursday that the hostage-takers had not clearly formulated their demands.

After negotiations that ran through the night and into Thursday, Alan Doyev, a spokesman for the North Ossetia Interior Ministry, said that "so far we have not heard the terrorists' clearly formulated demands."

Authorities estimated 15 to 24 militants held the school.

The militants' identity was also murky.

Lev Dzugayev, a North Ossetian official, said the attackers might be from Chechnya or Ingushetia. Law enforcement sources in North Ossetia and Ingushetia, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the attackers were believed to include Chechens, Ingush, Russians and a North Ossetian suspected of participating in the Ingushetia violence.

Russia was on edge following the nearly simultaneous bombings on two jetliners last week, a suicide bombing in Moscow on Tuesday and the school siege.

The upsurge in violence has been a blow to Putin, who pledged five years ago to crush Chechnya's rebels but instead has seen the insurgents increasingly strike civilian targets beyond the republic's borders.

Two major hostage-taking raids by Chechen rebels outside the war-torn region in the past decade prompted forceful Russian rescue operations that led to many deaths. The most recent, the seizure of a Moscow theater in 2002, ended after a knockout gas was pumped into the building, debilitating the captors but causing almost all of the 129 hostage deaths.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Negotiate until you have enough zonk out gas & antidote on hand to go in after them.  

Wondering what the kill ratio is going to be in the retalitory strikes? The typical Russian ratio is 100:1.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#33]
any of the scum bags they catch alive should be turned over the people!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:42:16 AM EDT
[#36]
they need to make chechnaya look like the moon!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Do not negotiate. Storm the school, Kill all the BG's. Be smart and make your best effort.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:15:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not negotiate. Storm the school, Kill all the BG's. Be smart and make your best effort.

Russian Commandos are doing just that right now…

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270435
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Some townspeople have caught a terrorist alive and are tearing him to pieces right in front of the news cameras.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yes, I would negotiate, but there is only so much time you can give them in this case....It's 90+ Deg.  hundreds of people are in a small area w/o water or food.   If you don't act soon people will start to die from dehydration, etc....so yes, negotiate, but only to a point them you MUST act!

Kids don't and can't last long in 90+deg w/o water...look at what they are wearing as they come out, almost nothing, they were clearly "dying" from the heat - almost everyone I've seen was sucking down water, must have be terrible!

How can people do this to children???
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Some townspeople have caught a terrorist alive and are tearing him to pieces right in front of the news cameras.

link? pics? i want to watch this.

There is a streaming video feed on the BBC  www.bbc.co.uk

Doesn't work on my mac, but hopefully it may show this… a BBC reporter has just said about this terrorist "it is not known if he survived"

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:49:47 AM EDT
[#45]
These are their so called "Special Forces"?  Shit 75% of the terrorists got away.  WTF.
I forsee Chehnya getting shithammered for this failed stunt.  I bet the gloves are coming off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
These are their so called "Special Forces"?  Shit 75% of the terrorists got away.  WTF.
I forsee Chehnya getting shithammered for this failed stunt.  I bet the gloves are coming off.

The terrorists blew a wall and fled with a crowd of hundreds of terrified women and children… what do you want the FSB guys to do?  spray the crowd with a machine gun to nail them?

The 13 who broke out of the building are surrounded in a house close by and are being attacked by troops and tanks as we speak.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Nothing yet
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top