Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 10:05:20 PM EDT
Alright, I've read the thread on E and other threads on other drugs, but I rarely see PCP (dippys, wet, purple rain, leak, etc, etc) mentioned.  This drug is the one that divides me on the issue of wanting all drugs to be made legal.  All you libertarian types, whats your opinion? I'm also tempted to hear about PCP encounters from any LEOs or EMTs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
PCP is the really bad stuff from that I have seen.  You never here much about people supporting Meth, PCP and the Rock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
DRUGS = BAD (and I mean that seriously)

Of course I'm no libertarian, but 100% conservative.

My dad always told be that doing drugs was a sign of weakness, and I wasn't born to be weak.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
PCP is the really bad stuff from that I have seen.  You never here much about people supporting Meth, PCP and the Rock.

In upstate NY meth seems to be the drug of choice. Last year almost every night on the news they had a bit about another meth lab getting busted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
hey people are free to fuck up their lives.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're dumb enough to do 'em, go right ahead.

+1 Darwinism!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Tell that to my friends pregnant sister...

Wait, Thats right, She's Dead!!!!

Hit by a dickhead high on drugs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have zero tolerance for people who use drugs. It’s their choice, it’s their life. If they want to flush it, then fuck em. NO ONE forced them to take that crap.

As far as legalizing it, I'm kind of on the fence. My biggest question is if it was made legal, do you think more people would do it? I think if you are going to do drugs, then you are going to do drugs regardless. The same applies to people who don’t.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

and did having drugs being illegal stop that fucker from doing them... NO! Sure it should be illegal to opperate a vehicle while under the influence (as it is with alcohol) but under your logic we should outlaw alcohol too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
A guy I know told me about doing PCP. He said he forgot who he was for 3 days, wrecked his truck and I forget what else. PCP was originally a livestock tranquilizer but it killed too many patients so now it's a street drug. Let Darwinnian fitness take care of those who use it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A guy I know told me about doing PCP. He said he forgot who he was for 3 days, wrecked his truck and I forget what else. PCP was originally a livestock tranquilizer but it killed too many patients so now it's a street drug. Let Darwinnian fitness take care of those who use it.

If it kills livestock, then what makes people think they have a much of a chance?
The human mind never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is where I'm left on the fence.  One of my friends used to do heroin and he would be relaxed on it.  The problem with PCP is that it can cause violent paranoid thoughts which will fuck the user over for life, but will also cause them to harm other people (one of the side effects is not feeling pain so a 9mm will only piss them off).  A prime example is Nathaniel Jones who was on PCP outside of a white castle and it took multiple officers to restrain him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Its original use (for humans at least) was as a anesthetic.  The problem was that after surgery patients showed psychotic reactions to the drug.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In upstate NY meth seems to be the drug of choice. Last year almost every night on the news they had a bit about another meth lab getting busted.

Its also the drug of choice here too.

Here is how it worked, the methheads stopped having a source for meth for awhile, so they went over to Crack.  When meth became easier to get again they went back to it taking some of their "buddies" who also were doing crack.  The crackheads find meth and discover it last more then 15minutes it becomes their choice drug.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and did having drugs being illegal stop that fucker from doing them... NO! Sure it should be illegal to opperate a vehicle while under the influence (as it is with alcohol) but under your logic we should outlaw alcohol too.

Making it illegal didn't prevent her death but it sure puts a damper on what could happen ALOT more often.

And there's a big difference between alcohol and meth. Beer can be taken in moderation. Meth cannot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And there's a big difference between alcohol and meth. Beer can be taken in moderation. Meth cannot.

This isn't a valid argument , Beer and Meth can be used in moderation by those who can control their intake ..

ANY addictive substance , be that alcohol or Drugs will be used in excess by those who lack control .

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I just cut my post from another topic:
I think it makes sense to legalize all drugs. Billions of dollars wasted fighting a war that can never be won. If they took 1/3 of that and put it into prevention programs, and rehab programs I think we would be in the same place we are now with the number of crack heads, and junkies, but 70% less people in prison. (none of these statisics are fact, just round about).

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:09:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I have seen  a good many drug users.  It turns alot of people into being worthless.  They dont have any motivation to do anything except to ask someone for a ride so they can go get a blunt or a rock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top