Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:45:35 PM EDT
My dad was telling me about this tonite, and I pulled it off of his company's web page. It's from earlier on in the year but I still think it's cool.

"SOUDERTON, PA - W.A. Schmidt, Inc., the nation's leading manufacturer of structural mezzanines, announced that the company has acquired two separate orders to provide major mezzanine installations this summer for the Republican National Convention (RNC) in New York City and the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Boston.

W.A. Schmidt, Inc's project team proposed innovative designs which led to the award of both projects. In the case of the RNC at Madison Square Garden, Schmidt's 30,000 sq ft. mezzanine expands the existing floorspace over the ice rink by 30%; additional smaller platforms which protrude through the main mezzanine provide camera staging and are isolated by a special vibration buffer. For the DNC at the Fleet Center, Schmidt's 49,000 sq ft design, which will be used in a temporary outdoor structure, is engineered to be installed and dismantled quickly, and will be used again in different modular configurations at other locations.

W.A. Schmidt, Inc. designs and custom-engineers high quality wide-span and modular mezzanines plus a variety of other material handling products. Schmidt has completed more than 22,000 material handling equipment installations throughout North America and overseas.
"

My dad called him up and called him a "cheap whore" for doing the democrats mezzanines too
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
OHhhhhh not the kinda ......Nevermind

MT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My uncle is involved with Bush too....that's what my aunt is for.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Blue, doesn't surprise me the filthy Dems took the cheapest route, they always do. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damnit!   Beat me to it.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blue, doesn't surprise me the filthy Dems took the cheapest route, they always do. Thanks for sharing.

My uncle did both of them, my dad was just raggin on him for helping out the dems. I woulda prolly done the same thing, you'd be stupid to turn away a half million dollar job when you know they could go out and just have someone else do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top